Soooo Lets take a guess on which game Fulmer returns as HFC

I don't want Fulmer back as an AD NOR Coach.
Get rid of Fulmer and allow the next AD to hire a Coach.
Fulmer needs to go. This aint bout Fulmer...........
You're late not wanting Fulmer as AD. Newsflash, no AD is going to be able to pick their own without going through some of our dumbazz donors.

My guess is UAB since the meat will be out of the schedule.

I'm not saying this isnt a good thing mind you....but its a thing I'm pretty sure.

Uhhh, no. Only if Pruitt quits, and he won't.

He said 3-4 classes to get UT Football back. He just got #2, and really his #1. This is going to be a tough year. Next year better, and if he survives next year, then 2021 is his litmus test.

Go Vols.

If Fulmer ever roams the sidelines again this fan base will be divided forever.

It’s as much his fault we are in this predicament as anybody’s, maybe even more. He began this mess in the mid 2000s when he got lazy and watched the game pass him by. Then he schemes behind the scenes to make himself AD before hiring Pruitt.

If he ever coaches a single game for this program again well then it deserves to die.

Sure gonna let Pruitt take some more punishment from the SEC elite then UAB would definitely be where you would want to make your change whatever that is. Then if you lose still blame it on Pruitt not enough time to get things changed and win already turning things around. Fulmer was only good with Cutcliffe and Chavis wasn't that great after they left. So doubt he wants to take the task at his age. I would look for them to let Pruitt finish or go to interim Tee or Chaney. Then where do we go from there. Who is the great Mid-Major coach we want to give an opportunity to make some big money. Hard for me to see us hiring an actual experienced coach after a decade we still don't get it.
Agreed. Fulmer returning is nonsense. There are probably many good Mid-Major coaches who could do an excellent job if given the chance. UT just hasn't had anyone knowledgeable do research about available coaches and try to go out and get them. To much weak leadership and booster politecs.

Who was the last person to do this? Wasn’t it Osborne at Nebraska or something where a legendary coach became the AD, and then named himself interim coach when he fired the head coach
That was at Wisconsin back in 2010 I think. Dude got fired. The AD was interim for the rest of the season and they found a new coach a year or so later....

I can tell you exactly when I came to the conclusion that every coach since Dooley needed to go.

1. Dooley after the Kentucky game when Bray decided to throw the game at Kentucky in 2011. He had lost the team and you could tell they didn’t respect him.

2. Butch in 2015 during the Oklahoma game when it was 4th and goal inside the one and he sent the field goal unit in and then it was just reinforced when he didn’t go for two in the Florida game when the extra point meant nothing.

I’ve not had that moment with Pruitt as I honestly think the current issue is lack of talent at some key positions.

Who knows maybe I’ll have that moment at some point but I still believe Pruitt can get there with some more time.

Not gonna happen. He's a old man and doesn't want a coach's schedule. He would have taken a coaching job before now if he did.

Did anyone other than ETSU actually express an interest in hiring Coach Fulmer? Not being belligerent, but seriously inquiring.

On another note, not directed toward your post; those who are scoffing at the idea of AD Fulmer stepping in as an interim until a new coach can be found, may be in for a surprise. My personal inclination is if he deems the situation as irreparable, then he will step in.

I don't want Fulmer back as an AD NOR Coach.
Get rid of Fulmer and allow the next AD to hire a Coach.
Fulmer needs to go. This aint bout Fulmer...........
You do not want to return to the halcyon days which were seemingly a volunteer birthright under the illustrious reign of CPF?? Seems odd my dear fellow.....

Did anyone other than ETSU actually express an interest in hiring Coach Fulmer? Not being belligerent, but seriously inquiring.

On another note, not directed toward your post; those who are scoffing at the idea of AD Fulmer stepping in as an interim until a new coach can be found, may be in for a surprise. My personal inclination is if he deems the situation as irreparable, then he will step in.

There were a couple others. He made comments that he was evaluating them. People scoffed at the time. I can't remember who though.

On your second point, if things were dire he might take over temporally. But there are those who have been saying taking the AD job was just a way to get to be coach again. I took the op that way. Maybe I was wrong. Still, half the staff would have to leave for him to step in. Most likely Chaney or Tee would get the interim tag.

He got interest before from a couple lower tier schools after his firing. He didn't take them becuae he didn't want to. Saban will probably retire within the next 5 years and he has coached continuously for the last decade. Fulmer has not coach at all in that span. He's done as a coach. He wanted to be AD and he is. That's where he'll stay for as long as the program will have him
I must abashedly admit that I found this post quite amusing sir. I assume you were being facetious, and if so, well done my dear Steven. Is it not a well known fact that CPF was highly sought after by none other than the Pittsburgh Steelers organization to lead them forward soon after his inexplicable sacking?? If this is a “lower tier school”, than I am at a loss. And of course, this is to say nothing of the plethora of CFB opportunities for which he was pursued. It is my understanding that he rejected them all, knowing that one day his beloved UT would need him to steward the ship once more. And as with so much else, he was correct.

There were a couple others. He made comments that he was evaluating them. People scoffed at the time. I can't remember who though.

On your second point, if things were dire he might take over temporally. But there are those who have been saying taking the AD job was just a way to get to be coach again. I took the op that way. Maybe I was wrong. Still, half the staff would have to leave for him to step in. Most likely Chaney or Tee would get the interim tag.

You make a good point with Tee or Chaney, but then we have ego to factor in. I just wish we weren't here discussing this in CJP's second season. But here we are. . .again.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
He wants Bama........
JK
This is the outcome Saban fears, most assuredly. Tiders shudder to think of the reckoning that would be meted out to them if CPF were to ride into Tuscaloosa once more, the ol' warhorse treading the same ground he once ruled with an iron fist. The raw energy and emotion induced by CPF being named HC would be good for 2 touchdowns alone, in my humble opinion.

My guess is UAB since the meat will be out of the schedule.

I'm not saying this isnt a good thing mind you....but its a thing I'm pretty sure.
Barring a win vs Mississippi State, my prediction would be against Kentucky after the South Carolina loss. If Kentucky looks as good as last year, however it may be after that game. If both south Carolina and Kentucky are looking very, very weak, it will probably be directly after the Alabama game. I'm with you. He's at least going to name himself interim.

VN Store

Back