Sooner rather than later

I'd bet that, if a change happens, we won 't know about it until it is a done deal. "Wham - Bam, thank-you, Ma'am" style, to avoid the drama and churn of an extended coaching search.

This would be the wisest course. One can only hope that a former National Championship Coach can see plainly the degradation of our team and is taking the necessary steps to save the program!

Read the whole thing. Makes me so sad because I was so excited for this guy. Trading in the used car salesman for a real Xs and Os guy. Too bad. We look absolutely pathetic in year 3. Next.

The only X’s and O’s Pruitt plays is tic tac toe.

A great X’s and O’s Coach doesn’t get blown out in half the games he has coached.

The only X’s and O’s Pruitt plays is tic tac toe.

A great X’s and O’s Coach doesn’t get blown out in half the games he has coached.

...Whilst going into half time with a lead! Only to get out X and O’d by nearly every coaching staff he’s faced...including Ga state:/

Reactions: joevol33
From my perspective, they need to toss Fulmer overboard (again) as he is a divisive figure in Tennessee athletics that just won't go away, he claims "equity" in the program and started the culture of football mediocrity with that silly automatic extension contract on 8 wins per season in 2008 with what was at that time an incredible $6 million buyout. He couldn't win 8 games in 2008, he had an inexperienced unproven offensive coordinator and we had many seasons between 2005 and 2008 where "the defense played well enough to win".

No solid head football coach worth millions per season wants to come into this environment where a divisive sometimes toxic figure is running the athletic department, where fan anxiety and angst is already boiling. There are plenty of other opportunities to coach elsewhere without a controversial figure and shadow already in the athletic department, fully claiming he is bigger than the program, claiming ownership in it. Nobody wants to work, coach and try to succeed in that environment. If you don't see that, just ask Rick Barnes, Randy Boyd had to add $1.3 million to Barnes' salary, throw in some extra perks and several hours on his private jet just to keep him in the house. All driven by Fulmer's ego, failure to attend Barnes' winning the Naismith Award, figuring Barnes was getting more attention and recognition that he was, so simply wouldn't participate. Terrible management, sad environment, in serious need of a major housecleaning.

Read the whole thing. Makes me so sad because I was so excited for this guy. Trading in the used car salesman for a real Xs and Os guy. Too bad. We look absolutely pathetic in year 3. Next.
The "used car salesman" was a much better head coach.

While i dont disagree with the narrative of the "article", i do have a question.

Does Zach Ragan get paid to write these things? If so any idea where one could pick up an application to work with him?

Asking for a friend.....or about half the posters on Volnation.

You don't want a great Xs and Os guy running your program because those guys are too insecure to trust anyone and they would rather be right and lose vs being wrong and win.

You want a guy who can manage the program, someone who surrounds himself with people who are smarter than he is.

The issue with Pruitt is, he's too insecure to be a head coach. I'm not even sure if he's cut out to be a coordinator, he would make a solid position coach or a good high school football coach but he for certain cannot run a major college football program.

Sadly, UT wouldn't make the right hire or the obvious hire. They'll hire someone like Shane Beamer who would be a bargain and because of who his dad is and we'll have another Dooley situation in 3 years.

Oof. Wouldn't go that far. Butch and Pruitt aren't far off as coaches, but Butch was a national embarrassment (energy vampires, 5 star hearts etc). Regardless, yet another bad coach in orange.
I’m sorry. Butch sucks but even he wasn’t this clueless. Pruitt has zero idea how to be a head coach.

Reactions: BLUTickbusdriver
I'd bet that, if a change happens, we won 't know about it until it is a done deal. "Wham - Bam, thank-you, Ma'am" style, to avoid the drama and churn of an extended coaching search.

Nope we will know. There are just to many sniffing around media people (true as well as internet) this day and time to keep secrets of this magnitude from being exposed. Too many people on staffs with to many "friends" on the internet to keep any kind of secret.

VN Store

Back