Songs That Make You Drive Fast!!!!

So possibly one of The Worst Songs Ever, but with a great backstory.

Wild Cherry was a cover band in Pennsylvania and Ohio, playing Led Zep and friends, plus some originals.

In the mid-70’s, the word came down: Disco is here. Adapt, or die. As the primary business of any band is to book gigs, whatever it takes, let’s read this story of How Things Go:
During a break at the band’s steady gig, Parissi told the band he couldn’t book them anymore unless they added dance music to their set. “I finally told the guys ‘how about if Led Zeppelin did “That’s The Way I Like It” (KC & The Sunshine Band)?’
And commercial magic happened!

So if you are brave enough to find out what the unholy blend of KC and the Sunshine Band plus Led Zep might be, settle back, and listen up (scary props for Helen Reddy doing the intro):

Behind The Song: Wild Cherry’s "Play That Funky Music" - American Songwriter

I'm trying to chill. If had driven faster (like she was when she decided at the last second to pull out left. I almost T boned her,) I'd have lost it it. I heard the boxes slide off the backseat into the floorboard. I laid on the horn and then...she flipped me off. FN Camaro. But, I had food to deliver and people to see. So, I am listening to this Bruce. I do not need to drive fast, and wasn't. 35.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back