Song that mentions the vols

As someone who doesn’t like country, especially the new age of it.. I wish some other genres made songs like this mentioning UT.

Where’s the Whitechapel UT song? lol

Most people know Steely Dan's song Deacon Blues mentions the Alabama Crimson Tide, but here's the back story:

When asked about the line, "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, they call me Deacon Blues," Donald Fagen (lead singer/songwriter of Steely Dan) told Rolling Stone magazine: "Walter and I had been working on that song at a house in Malibu. I played him that line, and he said, 'You mean it's like, 'They call these cracker assholes this grandiose name like the Crimson Tide, and I'm this loser, so they call me this other grandiose name, Deacon Blues?' and I said 'Yeah!' He said, 'Cool, let's finish it.'"

Rapper from Chattanooga. YGTUT. Loved the album really, called 'Preacher's Son'. Friends with Isaiah Rashad who then went on to Top Dawg Ent, the label with Kendrick Lamar. YGTUT though wanted to do his own thing with his own label though.

'Now these n***** wanna be involved, I'm so Tennessee I put the 'V' in Vols.".

Guys need a little help a good friend of mine not named Steve Goodwin wrote this song and I feel obliged to tell y’all about it before the big game tomorrow. UT has purchased the rights to use it during the rest of the home games . It just came out on Apple Music today. This is Rocky Top. I think y’all will love it .

Attachments

• 099EC137-5DDD-438C-BF12-A9AB14E259CD.png
    099EC137-5DDD-438C-BF12-A9AB14E259CD.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

VN Store

Back