Something You Should Know About James Franklin

Red Foxx said “some entertainers dedicate their shows to all the beautiful women in the audience. I like to dedicate my show to all the ugly women. That way I have more friends.”

Of course you all know there some mentality to what he said. It’s not stupid. But there’s no foundational rule. Ugly men can have confidence, and too, people deteriorate over time.

Forget the 22 class. Doesn’t matter right now with the cloud hanging over UT. Get that settled and then throw the bank at someone. Even if you throw 8-9 mil at someone it is a gamble for them not knowing what’s coming.
Kids are still going to come play at UT. So you NEED the best proven coaches available to attract and coach the best talent available.
We're in an age were kids some kids are opting out of entire seasons...to get ready for the NFL.
It's a very passive approach that could cripple us even more - what youre suggesting.

Need to be proactive and spend everyday moving forward. Not having a nanny for a year..

from a historical perspective, what are the results for a P5 football program when they utilize an "Interim" tag for a Head Coach for 6+ months?

this is in regards to wins/losses and recruiting results.

is this uncharted territory?

Kids are still going to come play at UT. So you NEED the best proven coaches available to attract and coach the best talent available.
We're in an age were kids some kids are opting out of entire seasons...to get ready for the NFL.
It's a very passive approach that could cripple us even more - what youre suggesting.

Need to be proactive and spend everyday moving forward. Not having a nanny for a year..
I agree to an extent but I’m telling you the NCAA isn’t going away. Kids want to play for titles and bowls. With UT having no idea when or what sanctions will be coming recruiting is going to fall off big time. Coaches will be using it non stop. Kids aren’t born and bred in it like we fans are. UT hasn’t even gotten an NOA yet. I would want that ASAP but you never know with the NCAA. They set up shop in Oxford for almost 5 years and that was crippling enough to OM. And they self reported everything and did the exemplary cooperation route as well. Gave them everything they needed. So UT should tell them to piss off or reap the consequences.

Last edited:
If we could land this guy it would be one of the greatest hires in ut history. Certainly the best of the last 20+ years and we’d immediately become relevant. Immediately!!!

The Vanderbilt people got so tired of his "mouth" that they were glad he left. He did a horrible job at Penn State and will be fired if he has another year like 2020.

The Vanderbilt people got so tired of his "mouth" that they were glad he left. He did a horrible job at Penn State and will be fired if he has another year like 2020.
He's had 3 11-win seasons in the last 5 years. Wish we had a coach that did so horribly

How many years did Vandy beat us when Franklin was there? I never thought about Franklin before but he is one with SEC experience under his belt. That's a positive, plus he has to deal with Penn State with its problems too. Someone who could be a coach here.

He beat Dooley one year, then Butch the next. He was 2-1 vs Tennessee.

VN Store

Back