Something you miss about your kids?

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
We're having pancakes for dinner. When my middle daughter was little, she always called them "panty cakes". Now I'm the only one who does 😂. My oldest would try to say I've got issues, or someone has issues, but she'd say "they've got tennis shoes". Little bit, my baby girl, couldn't say yesterday for a long time. She would instead say "lasterday", and it was adorable. Just got me to thinking of little stuff like that, and I miss it. Anything you miss?

We're having pancakes for dinner. When my middle daughter was little, she always called them "panty cakes". Now I'm the only one who does 😂. My oldest would try to say I've got issues, or someone has issues, but she'd say "they've got tennis shoes". Little bit, my baby girl, couldn't say yesterday for a long time. She would instead say "lasterday", and it was adorable. Just got me to thinking of little stuff like that, and I miss it. Anything you miss?
One minute they’re a toddler and you blink, they are all grown up.
Actually lasterday kind of makes sense, very cute though.
I remember one with my daughter....
Her sitting in the back in her car seat and we could smell what we thought was an accident.
She says from the back seat...”No poo poo”.......”poo poo sound”. Which was her way of saying she farted.

Never had kids of my own but I am helping raise my wife's Grand Kids. Two boys 9 and 7. We have had them since the youngest was just over 1. I missed out on a lot by not having kids. It is never dull or quiet here. I couldn't love them anymore if they were mine. They both call me Dad. It just warms my heart when they do that. I guess because they don't have too.

My 11 year old Granddaughter used to call ACE Hardware, DACE Hardware. I would have to stop there everytime we went near the place. She would just get a bag of popcorn and then she was ready to go. As soon as we got in the truck she would say "You know what would be great with this, a Coke." Then we would go to the Sonic for a Coke. This was when she was 2 or 3 years old. Last week I had to go to Ace Hardware. She said hold on Pops, I want to go.
While I am getting what I need, she gets her bag of popcorn. As soon as she gets in the truck she says you know what would be great with this, a Coke. When I pull in to the Sonic she says no Pops pull down there. I move and she says this is OUR spot. I said I can't believe you remember this. She said are you kidding me. This is one of my favorite memories. She said I will never forget this. I had to wait for my eyes to dry up so I could see to drive.

When mine was 3, she called a couple friend of ours “Greg and Angry” instead of Greg and Avery. It was hilarious. She also thought Greg was Jesus because he had long hair and a beard. He was sometimes referred to as Jesus Greg.

I learned the hard way kids are always listening. I was driving and forgot my baby girl was in her car seat in the back....I was waiting to turn left and was talking to myself and said something like "What is this idiot doing?" referring to another driver. Next thing I know I hear my 2 year old say "What's that idiot doing?!?!" I still laugh about that.

I don't have kids, but two nephews - one is 2 and the other is 7. The 2 year old is definitely very different than his older brother, he is very independent, whereas the 7 year old loves to be around you and always loved the cuddles when he was 2. So I miss that!

I miss doing most everything with them. My son lives maybe 400 yards from my (and my wife’s) home, and my daughter and her kids currently live with us......but they have their own lives. I spend a lot of time with them still, but we all used to to everything together.....pretty much until my daughter got married and my son went off to college.

My grand kids keep us busy though and that’s pretty awesome. My youngest said his first words a few days ago, calling me “dadda” and now he says it consistently (his dad isn’t in the picture at all, and we try to tell him I’m not his dad...he’s still a bit too young).....but it is kind of funny....and cool (although maybe it shouldn’t be....but it is).

My son was overexposed to VH1 as a baby and toddler. He would sing along with Madonna on “Material Girl” singing “Cheerios!” instead of material.

Helicopter was “hachucaca” and lawnmower was “wongmomo.”

Watching them come running to the garden ready to eat veggies. They would tear into the radishes, green beans and tomatoes. They were 4-6 yrs old and this made me so happy to see.

VN Store

Back