Something about you....

like ROUSSIN I retired to St.Louis and spent 25 years working in Oak Ridge before starting the Knoxville Community Mediation Center (my second retirement) Fourteen years more in mediation and currently my teaching in prison has been closed as we're in lock down. As I write this we've just finished the cranberry walnut bread I baked yesterday with our morning coffee and our King Charles Spaniel is trying hard not to bark at passing dogs, growling is difficult but she doesn't get timeout in the bathroom for growling.

I was fortunate to attend practices during the early PHS era; purchased season tickets the first week (third row behind the bench) regularly talked with players, some visited our home, attended many post season events, SEC and Final Fours. All good memories and many of those women are in their 50-60.

And today I plan to be positive be safe and stay healthy

Fourteen years more in mediation and currently my teaching in prison has been closed as we're in lock down.

I wonder if I'm the only one who got a false impression of your current domecile upon first reading.:eek:

How many boiled eggs can you down in an hour?

Seems this thread started in the Lady Vols forum so I’ll share a couple of LV stories I have. My mom and sister both played basketball so I grew up watching the Lady Vols anytime they were on.

I was in high school when Brittany Jackson was playing and of course had a crush on her. Our family travelled to Knoxville to attend the 2002 (IIRC) Orange and White game. It just so happened that Brittany and her family sat directly behind us. 15 year old me never worked up enough nerve to do anything other than awkwardly look behind me several times.

My other story. Freshman year at UT and I’m in my Geology lab and this super tall girl on crutches walks in and sits in front of me. I’m a San Antonio Spurs fan and she was wearing a Tony Parker jersey, so I say hey nice jersey. She turns around and says thanks and shakes my hand and says, I’m Candace. I had seen her on SportsCenter winning the dunk contest that summer and immediately figured out who she was. Got to work with her in class some and she seemed to be a great and sincere individual.

Cool thread. Born and raised in Kentucky, lived in Georgia the past 21 years. Have 3 daughters, oldest is in the Air Force. Two youngest, 15 and 12, both swim on 2 different teams. Middle girl got high school girls MVP for the season as a freshman. Wonderful, beautiful wife who unfortunately suffers pretty bad from lupus, yet doesn't waiver in her Faith, being a mom, or wife. I try my best to do like scripture, and love my wife like Christ the church. I'm absolutely not perfect, but I try to show my kids every day how much I love their momma. As for me personally, I think I'm borderline genius, but my my and kids call it mentally unstable😂. I hate anything Georgia and Kentucky as far as sports, of course bama and Florida also. I also post a lot, as in a bunch. 😄

One more thing... it’s my 27th wedding anniversary today. Wifey forgot again for the 26th year in a row. Lol

Oh Shyte!

I just read this post and it struck a chord. Why? Because yesterday was our 35th anniversary and we both forgot it for the second year in a row!! We are having a good laugh at ourselves and are both wondering what happened to our minds!

Reactions: krichunaka
I'm old enough to have played with Dirt before she sprouted grass and was shipped off to boarding school by Mother Nature.

Reactions: bag12day
I’m a twin.
Now there's a coincidence.
I have an identical twin brother.
(Back before twins were popular)
I lived in Knoxville many years ago before being moving to the Northeast. My children are grown and presently it's just me and my Newfoundland named Jack.
Not the best dog to have housekeeping wise but you won't find a more lovable, loyal and better canine friend on the planet.

I am also an identical twin. (I didnt know there was a time that twins weren't popular)
People around the way just always referred to us as "The Twins" .... tragically my brother was murdered several years ago on our own street in Nashville. It's a miracle I survived to even talk about it (which i usually dont unless something triggers me) ... seeing other twins on here made my heart smile a little bit ... cherish yalls time together and make the most of it.
They never did catch the people that pulled up on us that night, despite video surveillance of the perpetrators captured on a neighbor's security camera. Didnt know who they were and why they did what they did. Might not ever know. All I know is they had murder In their hearts for whatever reason. God seen the evil they did that fateful night and he will give us justice. It has turned our family upside down but we never once lost our faith in The Lord. 🙏
I apologize if this post is too real for some. But this is who I am 💯 Still the same ol' G but now living for two and trying to spread awareness about gun violence and what it does to real families. Glad to know there's other twins on here. I'll be lookin out for yall on here now .. dont be strangers

BTW, OG, just now read your post. That'a a powerful testimony to your faith. "Vengeance is mine, says the Lord; I will repay." Meanwhile, while we believe in a just and sovereign God, we can also pray for the conversion of our enemies.

Your twin would be very proud of the way you honor his memory. Stay strong, brother.

hey @krichunaka

Send this one to your Mom (if living):

Thank you so much, Coach Jumper! I intended to comment earlier but lost track of where this thread went. I saw no reason it needed to be moved; it seemed to be helping us hold things together during some trying times.
My saintly mother passed away in 1999, was buried on the 22nd of November, of course the day JFK was assassinated, which means nothing except they shared birthdays - 29 May. Not to be outdone, my father and Nixon were both born on 9 January.
I appreciate all you try to do for our Ladies In Orange, and I know your heart is right.
Your girl, Beth, sings from deep in her heart; a good thing!
Meanwhile, if things don't get back to at least approximating "normal" we might have to breathe new life into this one.
Thanks again.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Thank you so much, Coach Jumper! I intended to comment earlier but lost track of where this thread went. I saw no reason it needed to be moved; it seemed to be helping us hold things together during some trying times.
My saintly mother passed away in 1999, was buried on the 22nd of November, of course the day JFK was assassinated, which means nothing except they shared birthdays - 29 May. Not to be outdone, my father and Nixon were both born on 9 January.
I appreciate all you try to do for our Ladies In Orange, and I know your heart is right.
Your girl, Beth, sings from deep in her heart; a good thing!
Meanwhile, if things don't get back to at least approximating "normal" we might have to breathe new life into this one.
Thanks again.

Much love back atcha @krichunaka
I do what I can and I love what I do

One more thing... it’s my 27th wedding anniversary today. Wifey forgot again for the 26th year in a row. Lol
That’s one problem I don’t have. Our 25th is coming up this month and wife is always ready to remind me. “I can’t believe we’ve been together this long”.

I am also an identical twin. (I didnt know there was a time that twins weren't popular)
People around the way just always referred to us as "The Twins" .... tragically my brother was murdered several years ago on our own street in Nashville. It's a miracle I survived to even talk about it (which i usually dont unless something triggers me) ... seeing other twins on here made my heart smile a little bit ... cherish yalls time together and make the most of it.
They never did catch the people that pulled up on us that night, despite video surveillance of the perpetrators captured on a neighbor's security camera. Didnt know who they were and why they did what they did. Might not ever know. All I know is they had murder In their hearts for whatever reason. God seen the evil they did that fateful night and he will give us justice. It has turned our family upside down but we never once lost our faith in The Lord. 🙏
I apologize if this post is too real for some. But this is who I am 💯 Still the same ol' G but now living for two and trying to spread awareness about gun violence and what it does to real families. Glad to know there's other twins on here. I'll be lookin out for yall on here now .. dont be strangers
@Behr

VN Store

Back