Something about you....

Looks like Little smallvol is actually driving.....That is so precious! The bottom dog looks intense.....Pity the fool that tries to break into your house.....He won't be leaving without a limp, that is, if he leaves at all....

When the cancer had robbed my bride of her voice, and hospice told me I only had less than a few days with her, I put each of our pets in her bed with her to cuddle with her, so she would know they still love her....The babies knew the end was approaching...Little Maggie Mae whined when I took her down...Later that night I was looking for Kitty Cat, I found him curled up with my bride, just watching over her as she was fading away.....Very hard to type this.
They know when we’re happy, excited, hurt, or sad. Your story brings tears, so sorry.

@Benionsopinion, saw you were active and wanted to check on you all. I don’t want the thread police getting on us for being off topic, I but thought GT would not mind me hijacking his thread to check on you.🙏🙏🙏[/QUOTE]

Smallvol,thank you for sharing your experiences with us. What wonderful and compassionate companions can do for us is almost incomprehensible. Losing one is like losing a family member because that's what they are.So sorry for your loss and also for Game Time. We are all family also. And,Game Time,our two companions are Maggie Mae and Pumbaa,who could be sisters and brothers to your Maggie Mae and Sparky. Looks are very similar.
Things are progressing well for us with age related health issues being prevalent. My sweetheart is still going through some trying circumstances,but at this time nothing really significant. Her markers are elevated,but tests have revealed nothing so far. Thank you for your concern and thoughts and prayers. The LORD is good and His mercy is everlasting. We will trust in Him.
To all Volnation,be safe and let us keep the conversation going since we have no idea how long these days of insecurity will last.

@Benionsopinion, saw you were active and wanted to check on you all. I don’t want the thread police getting on us for being off topic, I but thought GT would not mind me hijacking his thread to check on you.🙏🙏🙏

Smallvol,thank you for sharing your experiences with us. What wonderful and compassionate companions can do for us is almost incomprehensible. Losing one is like losing a family member because that's what they are.So sorry for your loss and also for Game Time. We are all family also. And,Game Time,our two companions are Maggie Mae and Pumbaa,who could be sisters and brothers to your Maggie Mae and Sparky. Looks are very similar.
Things are progressing well for us with age related health issues being prevalent. My sweetheart is still going through some trying circumstances,but at this time nothing really significant. Her markers are elevated,but tests have revealed nothing so far. Thank you for your concern and thoughts and prayers. The LORD is good and His mercy is everlasting. We will trust in Him.
To all Volnation,be safe and let us keep the conversation going since we have no idea how long these days of insecurity will last.

I’m glad you all are doing well. I pray for you daily and will continue to do so. Hope you are able to stay in; it’s funny, I’ve always been the one to “fetch and carry”, and l just got a text from my daughter wanting to know if she needed to bring us anything😂😍. Definitely a different perspective! Take care🙏🙏🧡🧡.

Agreed, VolNation, let’s keeping posting good stuff with one another; we can get to know each other better and it’s something we can do to stay active. I have a lot of posters l consider good friends on here; hope you know who you are and how much l appreciate each and every one of you all...even when you fuss🤫. Don’t worry, be happy! 🍊🍊🍊🍊🧡🧡🧡🧡

Be very careful in what you do,where you go.These masks that 99%of people are wearing.are no good at all.As to have just retired from the medical profession(my wife was a bedside oncology and ICU nurse for over 36 years,the proper mask is called a NP95.A duck bill mask it is referred.to.Works when working with.active TB patients.Wash hand frequently,if you don't have antibacterial,Clorox bleach 1 part to 3with water will help.But,the distancing will be best.It only takes one person to spread it to a crowd,who take it home,who take it to others.If you wonder how.much of his increased.so quickly,think of a roach bred with another in six weeks.you have tens of thousands.Exposure.All be safe and Go Vols

My daughter, who lives with me, recently acquired a yorkie/maltese puppy and named him Charlie, so I now have a granddog that barks in his sleep. He's a real cutie though, and since schools are closed for 3 weeks he gives me something to laugh at besides the antics of 8 year old kids.

My daughter, who lives with me, recently acquired a yorkie/maltese puppy and named him Charlie, so I now have a granddog that barks in his sleep. He's a real cutie though, and since schools are closed for 3 weeks he gives me something to laugh at besides the antics of 8 year old kids.

We have an 11 year old 4lb Yorkie named Charlie.

I teach my players this defense
I call it the "Foosball defense"
I used to play a ton of foosball and over time learned that it is impossible to out-speed a good pull-shot.
So I would upset the timing of the pull-shot with planned jumps to a defensive position. It only works if you have a pre-planned backup move. Sometimes moving one man while replacing the straight shot with another man.

In basketball, this is done with footwork on defense.

With a player like TO who was much faster than I was, I had to upset his timing, but also had to have a pre-planned recoil into his strongside drive.
To beat speed you have to upset their speed with making them think.
It enables me to defend players much faster than I am.
Ahhh Colonel Boyd's infamous ooda loop ! Chip Kelly used this with his Duck offense a few years back.

Hey guys, some really great, great posts on this thread.....I had to take a break after yesterday...A lot came back at me all at once....Memories can be strong.

Now, let me tell you something funny...One time me and my bride went to the Tennessee Theater to see some movie....On the way to the show we got into some tiff over who knows what....Well, we each get some pop corn and coke and go into the auditorium...Our seats were in about the middle of the row...

Just to upset her, I went in the row first (I was being a brat) I set down and as she was sitting down I was pulling down her seat for her, but my hand slipped and the seat did not go down...She almost fell in the floor butt first....

She took her popcorn and poured it over my head....The whole tub......There I set with a head full of popcorn and people laughing all around us....I said something like "I don't like butter on my popcorn"....She burst out laughing and I laughed too....I deserved the popcorn on my head for not letting her go into the row first...

For years after that, whenever we got popcorn at the movies, she would give me a sly smile....It was our little private joke....Those are the memories I will never forget...

Each of you, even Darth Vol, has enriched my life....It is times like these, when the world is a little crazy, it is good to have you guys as my family.

If I could, I would raise a banner at TBA for you wonderful folks of the Lady Vols Message Forum.
tennessee_lady_vols_championship_banners.jpg

@GameTime

The popcorn thing reminds me of a love I lost as well.

At 16 I went out with a girl (Karen) 15 on a date to a movie. I went over to buy the tickets and asked if there was a child's ticket for my "little sister"....When I handed the tickets to the ticket-tearer, she saw it and it went bad from there. . . At one point I was going to the john and asked if she wanted anything...She said "yeah, popcorn, and make it a "kids size"

I dated her for several years beyond that and when I went into my AIT (Advanced Individual Training) in the Army in Pensacola Fla.,,, When I drove home, I would go by her house before I would go to my own home.

Just before I ended my tour, she was in an accident.
To this day, it hurts.

But I cannot get a popcorn at a movie theater without thinking about that.

Coach, it's amazing how we never can, or want to, forget those women that shaped our lives and helped make us who we are today....I know you can close your eyes and still see her lips awaiting your first kiss with her....Better than any three point demon ball you've ever shot...She'll always live in your heart, and that is a good thing, my good friend.
431260cb89a3382e99a77153b96ecbca.png

I'm retired, after being a band director 40 years...and NO, Butch Jones didn't play trumpet in my groups.:D Used to gig around Nashville, but left that to the younger set. Saw my first Vol football game in 1964 when Vols lost to Kentucky 7-12. Sad that we won't be travelling to Hoover for SEC Baseball Tournament this year.

On the day after the Nashville Tornadoes (Tuesday, 3rd) my son and I drove to Clarksville - to Austin Peay State University (I'll spare you the high jack of that post here and insert it sometime, somewhere below).
The reason for our trip dates back to a couple years ago when I was searching youtube for a piece - An der schönen, blauen Donau", Op. 314 (German for "On the Beautiful Blue Danube") - for guitar, and though I didn't find a satisfactory rendition, I stumbled upon a pretty, and pretty talented guitarist in her own right. My son, Christopher, is pretty good with the guitar, with a high and eclectic interest in the musical field. Being musically ignorant, I can only say that I've never seen or heard anyone like her. I called for Chris to come watch: After about ten-seconds, he could only manage a long, low ..."WOW." He then went into so many technical things about her playing that my feeble mind began to spin. We've gone to see her three times since. If you have about five minutes, feathersax, please give this one a listen, and tell me/us what you think.

Meanwhile, this is for you, GameTime. Because, I think she's THAT good and, well, I'm not so good with words, so I'll leave it at that.
Cheers, everyone!

Una Limosna Por el Amor de Dios
Translation:

A Small Alms for the Love of God

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax
Coach, it's amazing how we never can, or want to, forget those women that shaped our lives and helped make us who we are today....I know you can close your eyes and still see her lips awaiting your first kiss with her....Better than any three point demon ball you've ever shot...She'll always live in your heart, and that is a good thing, my good friend.
431260cb89a3382e99a77153b96ecbca.png

She loved the most unlovable version of me...A 16 yr old jock
Unconditional.

I can only imagine how much she would have appreciated the more mature version

We were both blessed, ol man,,,we both got to experience true love

Reactions: Benionsopinion
On the day after the Nashville Tornadoes (Tuesday, 3rd) my son and I drove to Clarksville - to Austin Peay State University (I'll spare you the high jack of that post here and insert it sometime, somewhere below).
The reason for our trip dates back a couple years ago when I was searching youtube for a piece - An der schönen, blauen Donau", Op. 314 (German for "On the Beautiful Blue Danube"), for guitar, and though I didn't find a satisfactory rendition, I stumbled upon a pretty, and pretty talented guitarist in her own right. My son, Christopher, is pretty good with the guitar, with a high and eclectic interest in the musical field. Being musically ignorant, I can only say that I've never seen or heard anyone like her. I called for Chris to come watch: After about ten-seconds, he could only manage a long, low ..."WOW." He then went into so many technical things that my feeble mind began to spin. We've gone to see her three times since. If you have about five minutes, please give this one a listen, and tell me/us what you think.

Meanwhile, this is for you, GameTime. Because, I think she's THAT good, and, well, I'm not so good with words, so, I'll leave it at that.
Cheers, everyone!

Translation:

Excellent @krichunaka
When beauty, brains and ability come together in one person,,,it is captivating.

For me, it is Beth Hart's "Ain't No Way"
You'll appreciate Joe Bonnamassa (The world's #1 active guitarist) in the background
This song soothes me when nothing else can

Honorable mention: I'd Rather Go Blind
Joe's guitar work here is extraordinary

Last edited:
The reason for our trip dates back to a couple years ago when I was searching youtube for a piece - An der schönen, blauen Donau", Op. 314 (German for "On the Beautiful Blue Danube") - for guitar, and though I didn't find a satisfactory rendition, I stumbled upon a pretty, and pretty talented guitarist in her own right. My son, Christopher, is pretty good with the guitar, with a high and eclectic interest in the musical field. Being musically ignorant, I can only say that I've never seen or heard anyone like her. I called for Chris to come watch: After about ten-seconds, he could only manage a long, low ..."WOW." He then went into so many technical things about her playing that my feeble mind began to spin. We've gone to see her three times since. If you have about five minutes, feathersax, please give this one a listen, and tell me/us what you think.

Meanwhile, this is for you, GameTime. Because, I think she's THAT good and, well, I'm not so good with words, so I'll leave it at that.
Cheers, everyone!

Translation:

Listened to every note. Lovely & technically pure. I've always admired guitar artistry & have played in bands with some terrific ones in Nashville. Thanks for sharing. Provided a bright moment during some dark days.

Reactions: krichunaka
We live in St. Louis, MO since retirement from ORNL in 2000. Lady Vol fans since 1987. Season ticket holders until 2017, which means we travelled to most games from St. Louis after 2000 . Were able to visit all SEC towns following the team. My wife, Georgia, and I were able to witness the greatness of the Pat Summit years. We followed the team as far as Portland, Oregon, Hawaii, New Hampshire, the Carribean, and many other places.

Read through all the posts and to everyone who posted they were wonderful. To everyone who lost spouses I know the hurt. I lost my wife to cancer 10 years ago and I have been dating a wonderful woman the last 7 years. There is me and an 11 year old gray female cat who is loving but has a feisty temper sometimes. Got her when she was 2. Scared of people until she gets to know them. Don't know if she had a bad experience before I got her. BTW small vol, my girl friend had a white malti poo who looks a lot like your dog. Hated she had to give him up . Really bonded well with that dog.

VN Store

Back