Something about you....

Well...I’m not exactly Cameron Diaz but I make an excellent meat loaf.

Very few people do, you know.
Some put in rice or crunched up crackers instead of bread crumbs,
I like to put brown sugar in my meatloaf

I love to cook
I make what my daughter calls the ultimate hamburger steak...

Mix one lb 93% hamburger meat with half a bottle of Heinz 57, 1/4 bottle of Worcestershire and about 1/4 cup of McCormick's Season salt..Divide into three patties and cook for about 20-25 minutes at 350.
You have to cook them on a roasting pan elevated on a screen so they can drip into a pan below,
flip once at about 15 mins.

Reactions: Remy and GameTime
I am so sorry that she is no longer there to elbow you in the jaw, call you names or most importantly laugh with you. Life is about making memories isn’t it.
One of the great things about dogs is they lick away tears.

the other great thing is they don't care if you're a trash-man or a bank president,,,as long as you come home.

Very few people do, you know.
Some put in rice or crunched up crackers instead of bread crumbs,
I like to put brown sugar in my meatloaf

I love to cook
I make what my daughter calls the ultimate hamburger steak...

Mix one lb 93% hamburger meat with half a bottle of Heinz 57, 1/4 bottle of Worcestershire and about 1/4 cup of McCormick's Season salt..Divide into three patties and cook for about 20-25 minutes at 350.
You have to cook them on a roasting pan elevated on a screen so they can drip into a pan below,
flip once at about 15 mins.
That sounds good. I’m getting hungry just reading this!
I use stouffers herbed stuffing in my meatloaf instead of crackers and use ketchup on top that turns sweet when baked. I may try the brown sugar. Do you put on top or in meat mixture?

That sounds good. I’m getting hungry just reading this!
I use stouffers herbed stuffing in my meatloaf instead of crackers and use ketchup on top that turns sweet when baked. I may try the brown sugar. Do you put on top or in meat mixture?

in the meat
I have a large steel bowl I mix everything in at once then shape the patties
meat, then liquids, then McCormick last
Do not press the patties when you shape them, let them retain the juice,
let them drip as they cook and don't overcook, because with 93% HB it gets tougher if it gets overcooked
I use the press method to test the meat...You can tell how done the meat is by pressing a finger in the center of it

serve with with baked potatoes, rolled in olive oil, then sprinkled with cracked pepper and salt
then cooked in aluminum foil at 500 degrees for 1hr 10 min
450 work too, bc 500 is often broil

Last edited:
Reactions: GameTime
in the meat
I have a large steel bowl I mix everything in at once then shape the patties
meat, then liquids, then McCormick last
Do not press the patties when you shape them, let them retain the juice,
let them drip as they cook and don't overcook, because with 93% HB it gets tougher if it get overcooked
I use the press method to test the meat...You can tell how done the meat is by pressing a finger in the center of it

serve with with baked potatoes, rolled in olive oil, then sprinkled with cracked pepper and salt
then cooked in aluminum foil at 500 degrees for 1hr 10 min
That sounds excellent. I am going to try these. Have you ever heard of putting a thumbprint in the top of the burger with an ice cube in it to start? Supposedly keeps burgers from cupping up.
Well, we were talking basketball and the Food Channel broke out!😆

That sounds excellent. I am going to try these. Have you ever heard of putting a thumbprint in the top of the burger with an ice cube in it to start? Supposedly keeps burgers from cupping up.
Well, we were talking basketball and the Food Channel broke out!😆

No, with the thumb print thing
To seal the natural juices as long as possible you can't weaken the shape
If your burgers are cupping the heat is too high

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
since we're deferring to food channel
my dressing for salad:

1/4 cup balsamic or 1/3 cup strawberry vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup Wesson oil
mix well
use water to cut it to the taste you desire

OK,,,I'll bite
my fav sports story

I went to college late in life, 34-38 yrs old at UT-Chatt. I was playing in a pickup game at the gym. I was just shy of 6'2" then and pretty strong so I had to match up against TO (Terrell Owens).

At one point he put the ball on his hip in a triple-threat and said, "We bout" to go to school, ol man"
I knew he'd been crossing over on most of his drives, so I knew what was coming...I bated him by leaning strongside and moving my left hand, he took the bait and went for the crossover. I snagged it as he went for the crossover dribble and threw it to a teammate,,,looked back at him and said,

"You didn't tell me who the teacher was going to be"
Nice! The old man game is nothing to play around with!

Nice! The old man game is nothing to play around with!

I teach my players this defense
I call it the "Foosball defense"
I used to play a ton of foosball and over time learned that it is impossible to out-speed a good pull-shot.
So I would upset the timing of the pull-shot with planned jumps to a defensive position. It only works if you have a pre-planned backup move. Sometimes moving one man while replacing the straight shot with another man.

In basketball, this is done with footwork on defense.

With a player like TO who was much faster than I was, I had to upset his timing, but also had to have a pre-planned recoil into his strongside drive.
To beat speed you have to upset their speed with making them think.
It enables me to defend players much faster than I am.

Top are the two cover girls, no joke. We lost the boxer a couple of years ago. Still miss her; she was perfect. The pittie with her is a rescue angel. Then the famous SmallVol learning to drive. This is the meanest mammal in existence; the world is lucky she only weighs ~4.5 pounds. Last is the man of the family. He’s a gentleman; just don’t mess with me.

Good idea GT. Sorry for your loss🙏🧡.

As to Wifey and gule....can one blame her?😂😂🍊🍊🧡2222369E-096A-40B6-BC92-45AC1DF21915.jpegA7D0FDA4-19B7-4E8A-B695-89EE9EFE0DA6.jpegCDE350B8-9310-48D3-ABAE-E0EE415848F0.jpeg

Hah! I bet Wifey a $100.00 that I knew the steps to her fav country dance today. I won, Lol. She didn’t know I spent an hour watching a YouTube video this afternoon of it. But now there’s no honkytonks open to show her off in. Damn CoronaV....

SV, the bottom dog reminds me of one I had in Atlanta named "Merlin"
half rot, half lab, 75 lbs
Had the markings of the rot (brown eyebrows, brown hind-quarters) and the temperament of a lab.

We lived next to Fullers Park,,,I could let him walk with me unleashed and he wouldn't leave my side.
Once a cop stopped me in the walk-path and I was carrying the leash
He scolded me about not having Merle on a leash
As he scolded me,
a family with two kids walked up and the kids went straight to Merlin
The cop started to interrupt and then stopped, not wanting to startle Merlin
Merle looked at me and I said, "Be good Merle"
He just stood there and let the kids pet, tug on his ear, etc.

When the family moved on I looked at Merlin and said, stay
I told the cop to walk with me
we took a few steps, merlin made no move
I then asked the cop, "seen enough?"

He had.
I looked at Merle and said, OK,,,he came to me.

I miss Merle
;<(

Top are the two cover girls, no joke. We lost the boxer a couple of years ago. Still miss her; she was perfect. The pittie with her is a rescue angel. Then the famous SmallVol learning to drive. This is the meanest mammal in existence; the world is lucky she only weighs ~4.5 pounds. Last is the man of the family. He’s a gentleman; just don’t mess with me.

As to Wifey and gule....can one blame her?😂😂🍊🍊🧡View attachment 267424View attachment 267425View attachment 267426

Looks like Little smallvol is actually driving.....That is so precious! The bottom dog looks intense.....Pity the fool that tries to break into your house.....He won't be leaving without a limp, that is, if he leaves at all....

When the cancer had robbed my bride of her voice, and hospice told me I only had less than a few days with her, I put each of our pets in her bed with her to cuddle with her, so she would know they still love her....The babies knew the end was approaching...Little Maggie Mae whined when I took her down...Later that night I was looking for Kitty Cat, I found him curled up with my bride, just watching over her as she was fading away.....Very hard to type this.

Looks like Little smallvol is actually driving.....That is so precious! The bottom dog looks intense.....Pity the fool that tries to break into your house.....He won't be leaving without a limp, that is, if he leaves at all....

When the cancer had robbed my bride of her voice, and hospice told me I only had less than a few days with her, I put each of our pets in her bed with her to cuddle with her, so she would know they still love her....The babies knew the end was approaching...Little Maggie Mae whined when I took her down...Later that night I was looking for Kitty Cat, I found him curled up with my bride, just watching over her as she was fading away.....Very hard to type this.

Sometimes when I get to thinking about what I miss,,,I have to start thinking about what I had
Saddened for your loss, my friend

Know this, volnation loves you

Hah! I bet Wifey a $100.00 that I knew the steps to her fav country dance today. I won, Lol. She didn’t know I spent an hour watching a YouTube video this afternoon of it. But now there’s no honkytonks open to show her off in. Damn CoronaV....
giphy.gif

I bet you'd out dance this tenderfoot

I teach middle school in southern Illinois. My wife had hernia surgery in STL on the 10th. It was quite extensive; not only did the surgical team repair a very large hernia, but they also rebuilt her abdominal wall. She's very glad classes have been cancelled up here until (at least) April 6 so I can be home to take care of her. She's actually doing really well so far.🙏

Yes, they are very intuitive. The boxer was a HABIT dog and my mother was one of her patients. She visited her regularly on her rounds of the nursing home and also when Mother was in the hospital and in hospice. We did have to provide paperwork at hospice but she went right in at the hospital. She was in uniform and the nursing home had tagged Mother as being one of her patients. She was in a wheelchair later in life; she made her last rounds at the nursing home and died on the way home. It was like she made that one final effort. Later the PTs told my daughter that patients who had refused therapy got to know her and said, if that dog can visit us in a wheelchair, we can do more to. Yes, hard to type. 🙏🙏for you.

The male is protective, not mean, but we do watch him. The female is totally nonaggressive unless there is an overt threat. (Had a boxer charge the baby stroller one time, she just ran into him with her shoulder and the force threw him into the yard on the other side of the road. He got up, shook himself, and started back; she just stepped between him and the baby. He looked at her, turned around, and left.) She used mass and strength over teeth...but l pity the person or animal she thought she had to use teeth on, she popped tennis balls in her mouth for fun as a puppy.

@Benionsopinion, saw you were active and wanted to check on you all. I don’t want the thread police getting on us for being off topic, I but thought GT would not mind me hijacking his thread to check on you.🙏🙏🙏

Yes, they are very intuitive. The boxer was a HABIT dog and my mother was one of her patients. She visited her regularly on her rounds of the nursing home and also when Mother was in the hospital and in hospice. We did have to provide paperwork at hospice but she went right in at the hospital. She was in uniform and the nursing home had tagged Mother as being one of her patients. She was in a wheelchair later in life; she made her last rounds at the nursing home and died on the way home. It was like she made that on final effort. Later the PTs told my daughter that patients who had refused therapy got to know her and said, if that dog can visit us in a wheelchair, we can do more to. Yes, hard to type.

The male is protective, not mean, but we do watch him. The female is totally nonaggressive unless there is an overt threat. (Had a boxer charge the baby stroller one time, she just ran into him with her shoulder and the force threw him into the yard on the other side of the road. He got up, shook himself, and started back; she just stepped between him and the baby. He looked at her, turned around, and left.) She used mass and strength over teeth...but l pity the person or animal she thought she had to use teeth on, she popped tennis balls in her mouth for fun as a puppy.
@Benionsopinion, saw you were active and wanted to check on you all. I don’t want the thread police getting on us for being off topic, I but thought GT would not mind me hijacking his thread to check on you.🙏🙏🙏

The only topic for this thread seems to be anything

As to Wifey and gule....can one blame her?😂😂🍊🍊🧡View attachment 267424View attachment 267425View attachment 267426
Noble beast there!

Reactions: Smallvol#1

VN Store

Back