Something about you....

GameTime

OK guys, this is all getting a little boring around here.....Nothing new to talk about...So, let's talk about us some....How about hobbies, pets, or whatever.....Most of us that post on the LV pages, are friends...Even though tempers can flare from time to time, we are all family.

My days are filled taking care of my 2 dogs and a cat......My dogs are called Maggie Mae, and Sparky....My cat is called Kitty Cat......Since my wife died a while back, my pets have kept me alive.....They have given me a sense of purpose....I had another dog that died 2 weeks before my wife did....I have her ashes sitting beside my wife's ashes....

I've taken some pictures off google, just like my pets....

Maggie Mae....(Miniature Shih Tzu)
hsxt2yfrzo3zopxq7rrpxgazvuo3mlqnuhib6bwj0d5drkgnaw9cquyb1y8ctbah-.jpg

Sparky (Cockapoo)
651724_600_450_2_0_fit_0_8869459912edcac8de5ebbc5c241cd09.jpg

Kitty Cat (Orange Tabby)
cat-2333413_960_720.jpg

Too Cute (She passed right before my wife) Hardest month of my life.
71CnVS7VnBL._SX466_.jpg

Last edited:
I’m a twin.
I’m a twin.
Now there's a coincidence.
I have an identical twin brother.
(Back before twins were popular)
I lived in Knoxville many years ago before being moving to the Northeast. My children are grown and presently it's just me and my Newfoundland named Jack.
Not the best dog to have housekeeping wise but you won't find a more lovable, loyal and better canine friend on the planet.

I'm retired, after being a band director 40 years...and NO, Butch Jones didn't play trumpet in my groups.:D Used to gig around Nashville, but left that to the younger set. Saw my first Vol football game in 1964 when Vols lost to Kentucky 7-12. Sad that we won't be travelling to Hoover for SEC Baseball Tournament this year.

OK guys, this is all getting a little boring around here.....Nothing new to talk about...So, let's talk about us some....How about hobbies, pets, or whatever.....Most of us that post on the LV pages, are friends...Even though tempers can flare from time to time, we are all family.

My days are filled taking care of my 2 dogs and a cat......My dogs are called Maggie Mae, and Sparky....My cat is called Kitty Cat......Since my wife died a while back, my pets have kept me alive.....They have given me a sense of purpose....I had another dog that died 2 weeks before my wife did....I have her ashes sitting beside my wife's ashes....

Sparky (Cockapoo)

Kitty Cat (Orange Tabby)
cat-2333413_960_720.jpg

71CnVS7VnBL._SX466_.jpg
Sorry about your wife! Thoughts and prayers for you and your family GT!

Sparky (Cockapoo)

Kitty Cat (Orange Tabby)
cat-2333413_960_720.jpg

71CnVS7VnBL._SX466_.jpg

I fear many more of us old farts may have stories of sadness to tell before this dark time is over. (if we are here to tell them) Everyone stay safe and away from public places as much as possible. But the panic going on leaves me concerned. Us old folks have lived thru much worse or as bad over the time we have been allowed. We have been through polio, mumps, typhoid, measles all the "fevers", flus, etc. To me, this is just another illness to cope with. NO NEED TO PANIC.. What say you?

I fear many more of us old farts may have stories of sadness to tell before this dark time is over. (if we are here to tell them) Everyone stay safe and away from public places as much as possible. But the panic going on leaves me concerned. Us old folks have lived thru much worse or as bad over the time we have been allowed. We have been through polio, mumps, typhoid, measles all the "fevers", flus, etc. To me, this is just another illness to cope with. NO NEED TO PANIC.. What say you?
I agree. I haven't had a flu shot since I was 19, and got the flu after taking the shot. I haven't had a cold in about 15 years, and got that from my grandson who was maybe a little over a year old. I don't stay out of the public when all these are going around, I go about doing business as usual. I don't wipe down a shopping cart with a disinfectant wipe before using it, I don't use hand sanitizer. I try to take care of myself, I take a few vitamins and supplements, but most of all, the Lord has blessed me with good health, for which I give thanks. I hope everyone stays healthy through all this. And for the record, I'm 66, and the Lord willing, I'll turn 67 on Paul Mccartney's birthday.

I agree. I haven't had a flu shot since I was 19, and got the flu after taking the shot. I haven't had a cold in about 15 years, and got that from my grandson who was maybe a little over a year old. I don't stay out of the public when all these are going around, I go about doing business as usual. I don't wipe down a shopping cart with a disinfectant wipe before using it, I don't use hand sanitizer. I try to take care of myself, I take a few vitamins and supplements, but most of all, the Lord has blessed me with good health, for which I give thanks. I hope everyone stays healthy through all this. And for the record, I'm 66, and the Lord willing, I'll turn 67 on Paul Mccartney's birthday.
I mirror reflect your actions. However, this time I am wiping down and being a little more careful than at any time before. (got you by 12 years)

One more thing... it’s my 27th wedding anniversary today. Wifey forgot again for the 26th year in a row. Lol
She really, really loves you.

So do I you big galoot.
1584715428496.jpeg

I'm with ya, poppa...been in the hospital thrice in my life,,,birth,,,tonsils,,,herniated disk ER visit
Aside from that, I only visited the place

Flu shot got me sick too.
Some bodies you just don't mess with
Everyone stay safe!

Gule, 27 years with your bride....Lucky man.....Now that is romance.....Lots of wonderful mental pictures stored in your heart....They're so nice to look at when it's cold outside/inside.

Vulnator, I know that sitting position....Sparky is my faithful constant shadow.....Thank God for my pets! I always take my 2 dogs with me whenever I go somewhere....Kitty Cat guards the house and stands his sentry post looking out the windows.....What a cat!

No flu shots for me either....Got one about 10 years ago.....The sickest I have ever been.

Yesterday I took my 2 dogs to the dog park so they could run free.....Lots of people there with their dogs....We all stood around 5-10 feet from each other.....All the dogs were running and jumping and playing with each other...It was great therapy....

My little Maggie Mae is so little (6 lbs) she is scared there, but likes the excitement of all the activity....I mostly hold her, but let her down whenever a very small dog comes sniffing around she can play with...

Sparky runs and plays with every dog at the park...He is very social......
YSS-23102019-dogpark1_large.jpg

Last edited:

Sparky (Cockapoo)

Kitty Cat (Orange Tabby)
cat-2333413_960_720.jpg

71CnVS7VnBL._SX466_.jpg
Those babies are adorable!!

Reactions: GameTime
Okay! So here is one of the oddest experiences I have had and it is sports related!
Several years ago I was in the parking lot at the golf course putting my golf shoes on. I had the trunk open and in my trunk were my golf clubs, my tennis racket, my basketball (I sometimes just shoot at the Y when I get bored exercising) and a nerf football. A gentleman I did not know walked by and saw my trunk. He stopped and said “You are the woman I have been looking for my whole life. Will you marry me?” Well given that I was and am happily married I had to respectfully decline but don’t you think I let my spouse hear about that offer in appropriate moments!!!!!!!

Okay! So here is one of the oddest experiences I have had and it is sports related!
Several years ago I was in the parking lot at the golf course putting my golf shoes on. I had the trunk open and in my trunk were my golf clubs, my tennis racket, my basketball (I sometimes just shoot at the Y when I get bored exercising) and a nerf football. A gentleman I did not know walked by and saw my trunk. He stopped and said “You are the woman I have been looking for my whole life. Will you marry me?” Well given that I was and am happily married I had to respectfully decline but don’t you think I let my spouse hear about that offer in appropriate moments!!!!!!!

Classic.

Makes me think of Cameron Diaz' the character in "Something about Mary"...a sports nut that knew sports and was, well,,, uh,,,Cameron Diaz.!

Lucy, it does a man a world of good to know his woman is wanted by other males....And, since you play many types of action sports, your husband must find you even extra special....

My late wife was a power forward for her college team....She was a tiger down low....When we would play a little one on one, she loved to elbow me to the jaw to back me off....When I'd call foul, she would call me that "certain name"....It was always done in fun...Such great times.....We did laugh a lot....I was such a lucky guy!

Life is the most precious commodity, measured not by cents and dollars, but by days, months, and years....
5485d7f7033cba86f9d8f7bce6333f89.jpg

OK,,,I'll bite
my fav sports story

I went to college late in life, 34-38 yrs old at UT-Chatt. I was playing in a pickup game at the gym. I was just shy of 6'2" then and pretty strong so I had to match up against TO (Terrell Owens).

At one point he put the ball on his hip in a triple-threat and said, "We bout" to go to school, ol man"
I knew he'd been crossing over on most of his drives, so I knew what was coming...I bated him by leaning strongside and moving my left hand, he took the bait and went for the crossover. I snagged it as he went for the crossover dribble and threw it to a teammate,,,looked back at him and said,

"You didn't tell me who the teacher was going to be"

Lucy, it does a man a world of good to know his woman is wanted by other males....And, since you play many types of action sports, your husband must find you even extra special....

My late wife was a power forward for her college team....She was a tiger down low....When we would play a little one on one, she loved to elbow me to the jaw to back me off....When I'd call foul, she would call me that "certain name"....It was always done in fun...Such great times.....We did laugh a lot....I was such a lucky guy!

Life is the most precious commodity, measured not by cents and dollars, but by days, months, and years....
5485d7f7033cba86f9d8f7bce6333f89.jpg
I am so sorry that she is no longer there to elbow you in the jaw, call you names or most importantly laugh with you. Life is about making memories isn’t it.
One of the great things about dogs is they lick away tears.

VN Store

Back