Someone please tell me this stat isn't true

fade route

Just being honest
Someone posted on BR that Tennessee is 44-2 all time when taking a 13 point or more lead into the 4th quarter, with the 2 losses coming this year under Jones. Surely we've done that more than 46 times, I mean we play Vandy and Kentucky every year. Someone please tell me this stat is false.

Well, also saw this one posted, so I can believe it.

College football teams are 188-3 this season when leading by 13 points or more in the fourth quarter. Tennessee has two of those losses.

Yeah, I don't believe that stat at all.

Also, I recall the Vols blowing a 26-10 lead over UCLA in 1985 only to have the Bruins score 2 tds and 2 two pt conversions for a 26-26 tie.....so the biggest blown 4th qtr lead wasnt the 14 pt lead vs OU.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, I don't believe that stat at all.

Also, I recall the Vols blowing a 26-10 lead over UCLA in 1985 only to have the Bruins score 2 tds and 2 two pt conversions for a 26-26 tie.....so the biggest blown 4th qtr lead wasnt the 14 pt lead vs OU.

I think they are not counting ties, seems like we did the same thing vs. Auburn either 90 or 91

Maybe a little off subject for this thread, but sadly, this will be the least talented UF team we will face for many years to come. With talent levels all else equal, we will continue to lose to UF if we don't stop getting out coached. I love what Butch has done to upgrade the talent level at our program but ya gots ta make good coaching decisions. You can no longer SIT on a lead in college football and go three and out because of stupid conservative play calling. You keep giving even a mediocre team the ball over and over and they will find a way to score points. And we've got a hand full of FIVE STAR RECEIVERS who are being grossly underutilized. That's inexcusable. If you were a big time receiver recruit, would YOU want to come to UT right now? Not even ONE receiver has a hundred yards total for the year and that's just crazy.

And oh yeah,related to THIS thread, 0 and 19 against our two biggest rivals in the last decade. Soon to be 0 and 20 when be come home from Tuscaloosa.

Someone posted on BR that Tennessee is 44-2 all time when taking a 13 point or more lead into the 4th quarter, with the 2 losses coming this year under Jones. Surely we've done that more than 46 times, I mean we play Vandy and Kentucky every year. Someone please tell me this stat is false.

I don't think it's "all-time", but rather a stat over a certain time period, don't know which. The actual 44-2 stat however, is correct for whatever time period is being referenced.

I don't think it's "all-time", but rather a stat over a certain time period, don't know which. The actual 44-2 stat however, is correct for whatever time period is being referenced.

The word all time tripped me up too. I bet we've taken 2 TD leads into the 4th qtr 44 times in the 90s alone.

Pretty sure that I saw this stat was just the last 10 years.

Try this stat, this year, out of 222 games this far, 3 have been blown a 13pt lead or greater in the second half, we have two of those 3 blown leads.

1-19 against Fla, Ga, and ALA since we fired Fulmer.
theres another one for ya!

We were 3-9 against those teams Fulmer's last three years. I get the point you are trying to make, but beginning with "since we fired Fulmer" isn't correct. The trend against those three began before 2009.

VN Store

Back