Some positives...

Sarms58

I’m not a moral victory person but I did see some good things last night. The OL looked much better and we were able to run the ball. Gray had over 220 all purpose yards and Chandler was over 75...DL got penetration and pressure on a few plays and that’s something that has been lacking all year. Bailey looked comfortable in the pocket and will hopefully get more snaps next week against Vandy.

Unfortunately we had several negative plays that killed us. We gave up an easy TD on a blown coverage. Even worse, we lost a TD (Or FG) and gave up a TD on JG’s I’ll advised throw. And then we had a pair of missed FGs.

I’m not a moral victory person but I did see some good things last night. The OL looked much better and we were able to run the ball. Gray had over 220 all purpose yards and Chandler was over 75...DL got penetration and pressure on a few plays and that’s something that has been lacking all year. Bailey looked comfortable in the pocket and will hopefully get more snaps next week against Vandy.

Unfortunately we had several negative plays that killed us. We gave up an easy TD on a blown coverage. Even worse, we lost a TD (Or FG) and gave up a TD on JG’s I’ll advised throw. And then we had a pair of missed FGs.

All of which means you will likely loose.

Reactions: Vol524

Good post and you can also add that we got an int (first this season?) and Bailey connected to the TEs a few times.

Just beware, sunshine pumpers get tarred and feathered on Volnation these days.

Absolutely, there was some good out there last night without a doubt.

However there was also some really really bad stuff that has been going on all season and has not been improved or changed.

Pruitt just seems to be tone deaf to it all and just rinses and repeats like it is working when it isn’t.

Change is needed and it is needed now!

I can't be the only one to see that our offense appeared to move smoothly and calmly under HB. I am not gonna lie; the kid almost made it look effortless. Was he perfect? No, but he did show he can handle the big stage and connect with a multitude of receivers, including our TE's which have been missing for some time. Even the running game looked better because of the passing. JP has no room to argue that JG gives us the best chance to win. As a coach, he should know there is a distinct difference between game time players and practice players.

I can't be the only one to see that our offense appeared to move smoothly and calmly under HB. I am not gonna lie; the kid almost made it look effortless. Was he perfect? No, but he did show he can handle the big stage and connect with a multitude of receivers, including our TE's which have been missing for some time. Even the running game looked better because of the passing. JP has no room to argue that JG gives us the best chance to win. As a coach, he should know there is a distinct difference between game time players and practice players.
He already sees the field better that JG and has only played about 20 minutes of college ball.

The OL looked good and the team was prepared to start the game. We havent had both of those except for the Mizzou game.

Same issues remain with chemistry, QB, adjustments...
I'll give you the OL looked good run blocking but they looked like crap pass blocking. Need both to be successful

I have to disagree with you about the OL. We already knew they were decent at run blocking but their pass blocking has been abysmal. How many times did Auburn get to JG without being touched? We can criticize JG all we want for his bad play (which I do plenty as well) but it’s pretty difficult to be good when guys are constantly in your face.

And Cimaglia continues to suck. He and Guarantano killed us.

Reactions: Tnphil and Sarms58
Right now Gray is playing above everyone else. If these young WR's had a darn QB that could throw the ball to them they would be shining to.

I have to disagree with you about the OL. We already knew they were decent at run blocking but their pass blocking has been abysmal. How many times did Auburn get to JG without being touched? We can criticize JG all we want for his bad play (which I do plenty as well) but it’s pretty difficult to be good when guys are constantly in your face.

I think it’s obvious with our OLine that it’s an understanding problem, not a physical ability/strength problem. The fact that they’re so much better in run blocking is indicative of that. In pass pro, they miss assignments, fail to pick up stunts and blitzes. That’s on coaching. In run blocking, yes, there is some assignment understanding, but it’s much more about physical play than pass pro. Their physical ability comes through in run blocking. Their lack of understanding comes through in pass pro.

Will Friend needs to go.

I think when you look at the end of the first half and Pruitt was trying to run out the clock in a tied games tells you everything you need to know. He wasn't going for the win, he was trying to lose by as little as possible. If you don't trust your QB in the 2 minute drill at the end of the half then you should not be playing him. every coach in America would have tried to score there.

The difference is that Bailey can calmly and patiently go through his progressions.

There were a few positives last night from the highlights I watched. Glad I was working as I just can’t watch the unmitigated s***show anymore. For the few playmakers we have and some of the more talented players like Gray, Bailey and others...if Pruitt is here next year and JG comes back for a sixth year, I hope they all enter the transfer portal and save their careers. This is god awful.

VN Store

Back