Some of you seem to be having troubles...

regression is mentioned often, but I didn't expect them to get better at #3 with Ole Miss sending a very deep dline at them.
Worley has to get rid of the ball though. If it's a 3 step, 5 step or whatever step, the ball has to get out or the qb has to use his legs and buy time. Having a statue in the backfield doesn't help this OL in the least.

Reactions: 2 people
I mean the left side of the line seems to hold up pretty well until the point of penetration on the right side occurs. Then it's an all bets off free for all.

Kerbyson isn't an LT. Jackson has been playing better than all of them. Crowder is a road grater that is lost in this scheme.

Jackson is the best of the group by far.

Kerbyson and Crowder dont look much different than Robertson and Thomas at this point and theres really no excuse for that.

I dont always agree with Doug Matthews on everything but
Id be a fan of looking at some different schemes at this point.

Reactions: 1 person
regression is mentioned often, but I didn't expect them to get better at #3 with Ole Miss sending a very deep dline at them.
Worley has to get rid of the ball though. If it's a 3 step, 5 step or whatever step, the ball has to get out or the qb has to use his legs and buy time. Having a statue in the backfield doesn't help this OL in the least.

I didn't expect Ole Miss to be better. But Ole Miss affirmed what we saw vs Chatt. UF and Chatt are the games that most point to regression. Ole Miss just did nothing to allay the concerns.

As far as a running QB is concerned. I think playing the measure of opponents we play, he would be carted of the field as a bag of bones. Not to mention the fact that the inexperience from dobbs in particular is going to create all kinds of turn overs and bad mistakes at a bad time.

TBH I would not say Kerbyson lacked any kind of athletic ability at this point.

You haven't been paying attention then. I have seen DE's run around him... and run over him. On one specific play, the Moc's DE was man up with Kerbyson, gave him a juke, and went untouched to sack Worley. UNTOUCHED. Kerbyson was just flat footed.

All true on Worley.

They re gonna have to run the ball more regardless. If this OL has a strength its run blocking albeit a small one.

You haven't been paying attention then. I have seen DE's run around him... and run over him. On one specific play, the Moc's DE was man up with Kerbyson, gave him a juke, and went untouched to sack Worley. UNTOUCHED. Kerbyson was just flat footed.

I'm sure he gets played from time to time...to be expected. It's too much at this point. There is pressure coming from everywhere and it starts on the right side and just blows everything up.

As far as a running QB is concerned. I think playing the measure of opponents we play, he would be carted of the field as a bag of bones. Not to mention the fact that the inexperience from dobbs in particular is going to create all kinds of turn overs and bad mistakes at a bad time.

We have shifted to that now.

I didn't expect Ole Miss to be better. But Ole Miss affirmed what we saw vs Chatt. UF and Chatt are the games that most point to regression. Ole Miss just did nothing to allay the concerns.

Pretty much. Ole Miss didnt add to the fact, just reinforced it.

Been here bleeding orange since 2005. Help yourself to any of my posts.

Actually if I were a rival fan posing here... I'd sound a lot like you guys... "All is well. It will get better. You just have to believe and NEVER hold a coach to any sort of expectation or standard...."

'05? I have ticket stubs in my truck older than that. j/k :)

I'm sure he gets played from time to time...to be expected. It's too much at this point. There is pressure coming from everywhere and it starts on the right side and just blows everything up.

Trust me. I'm not condemning Kerbyson. He's an OG or RT at best. He would probably be as impressive as he is unimpressive if he weren't playing out of position. He doesn't have the feet nor the length to play LT. He's doing his best. But he is painfully slow... and not because the right side collapses (which you are right about- it does).

But again...The coaches are making choices. They are following what they think is important and playing those who they believe deserve to play. I do not assume anything untoward at all... I am simply saying that what they are doing is not working and that there were/are other choices that MIGHT have produced a better result.

Who did you think we beat to get to 8 wins? I said 6-6 and it may still happen. But the lack of offense the past three weeks has me questioning 6 wins.

Who did you think we beat to get to 8 wins? I said 6-6 and it may still happen. But the lack of offense the past three weeks has me questioning 6 wins.

It was pretty evident before the season that UF, USC, and Mizzou would be the swing games that determined a bowl appearance and or success.

To this point neither of those 3 teams are what most thought they would be in the preseason. We stumped our toe against UF but still have 2 more shots at needed wins.

There were a number of options on the way the season could have played out, but a lot of people thought it was possible to get to 7 wins and and that we were capable of beating someone we shouldn't...and if gilliam had stayed healthy the season could have played out that way. By logic, if you think we can win 7, and that we will be beat someone we shouldn't along the way = 8.

VN Store

Back