Some ammo against Vandy....

Coach_Z

Great jorb!
Doing a little research for today's lecture, and I ran across some info some of you may like to know: Cornelius Vanderbilt married his cousin.....twice.

Sophia Johnson was his first cousin, and they had 13 children together. Vandy's second wife, also a cousin, was named Frank. Seriously. Frank Armstrong Crawford.

Also, as it has been noted here on VN before, Vanderbilt was a New Yorker who never even visited the university which bears his name. So, the next time some snotty snooty Vanderbilt "fan" (I use the term loosely) tries to debase our great university and lifestyle, just remind them that their namesake was an incestuous Yankee. Vandy sucks. Go Vols.

Haha

Another fun fact, Vanderbilt was the original owner of the Biltmore estate in Asheville, NC. So it is a requirement to wear UT gear and blast rocky top on your phone if you ever visit.

The Vanderbilt who built Biltmore was Cornelius's grandson, so yes it was a Vanderbilt but not the founder of VU.

Doing a little research for today's lecture, and I ran across some info some of you may like to know: Cornelius Vanderbilt married his cousin.....twice.

Sophia Johnson was his first cousin, and they had 13 children together. Vandy's second wife, also a cousin, was named Frank. Seriously. Frank Armstrong Crawford.

Also, as it has been noted here on VN before, Vanderbilt was a New Yorker who never even visited the university which bears his name. So, the next time some snotty snooty Vanderbilt "fan" (I use the term loosely) tries to debase our great university and lifestyle, just remind them that their namesake was an incestuous Yankee. Vandy sucks. Go Vols.
****ing carpetbaggers all!

Reactions: feathersax

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: feathersax
Haha

Another fun fact, Vanderbilt was the original owner of the Biltmore estate in Asheville, NC. So it is a requirement to wear UT gear and blast rocky top on your phone if you ever visit.

George Vanderbilt was the original owner of Biltmore estate. He did not marry his cousin.

I dont need any more "Ammo" against Vandy, watching them dance in the isle while our football team was imploding this year was enough.

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers
Might as well "make fun of them for being inbreds..."

When Tennessee can't actually beat them in football on the field...?

That's the thought process here?

tenor.gif

Some more Cornelius Vanderbilt facts. He is the fourth great-grandfather of actor Timothy Olyphant.

He also invested with and left part of his fortune to Victoria Woodhull, who was the first woman to open an investment bank, first woman to address Congress and first woman to run for president. She was the daugther of a snake oil salesmen who believed in "free love" and is now seen as one of the founders of feminism. At the time, it was believed she was having an affair with Cornelius.

Isn't Anderson Cooper related to the Vanderbilts somehow?

Some more Cornelius Vanderbilt facts. He is the fourth great-grandfather of actor Timothy Olyphant.

He also invested with and left part of his fortune to Victoria Woodhull, who was the first woman to open an investment bank, first woman to address Congress and first woman to run for president. She was the daugther of a snake oil salesmen who believed in "free love" and is now seen as one of the founders of feminism. At the time, it was believed she was having an affair with Cornelius.

VN Store

Back