Softball Week 3 - USF Tournament

UCF looking at their team they are a tough matchup. Hit the ball well and have 3 to 4 pitchers that can get people out. Better bring our A game tomorrow.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Amanda Curran is a very good softball player both with the bat and in the field. I wish the Weeklys would play her much more than what they do. She could help in right field also.
Well at this point in the season right is like left was before Holcomb settled in there. Over the first two weekends there were a number of balls that should have been caught that were in the books as hits because no one touched them but were poorly tracked.

When we are off, all facets of our game break down. Offense, defense and pitching. It's not just the pitching when we lose, and our defense is our weakest area right now.
Ralph made the statement on the podcast that they were not too concerned with wins and losses until we get to Sec play. He as I thought we were lucky to have a 6-2 record up until today!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Our third run-rule loss of the season already. At least Texas and Arizona are WCWS contenders, though.

A very embarrassing loss! UCF is a good team but not a super regional caliber team. UT is flawed defensively. The lack of recruiting and the developing of middle infielders is evident. Who’s hitting fungo at practice this year? I know everyone is waiting for Rogers to come back and save the team but the last thing you want to do is rush her back before she is healthy.

Also made a comment about softball coaches stealing players. Without saying that's what happened with Caylan Arnold I took it as an implication that is what happened.

I didn't hear the interview, but I'm sure that Ralph was talking in general terms across the game now, because that is not what happened with Caylan.

She didn't hear from other coaches until after making it known, I assume via the transfer portal. Then she was contacted by several prominent coaches.

VN Store

Back