Softball - USF Tournament - Tampa

Vols up 2-0 going to top of 3rd. Rainy Gaffin with a 2 run RBI single in the bottom of the 2nd.

Erin Gabrielle pitching for the Vols and now has 6strikeouts ( I believe) heading to the bottom of the 3rd.

8-0 Vols in 6 innings.. Erin Gabrielle with the win and 8 strike outs.

Erin allowed 1 hit and 1 walk in 6 innings of work.

Last edited:
It sounds like Gabrielle has got some big-time talent, though have not seen her pitch or play. Great to land her last year--and this will be a HUGE recruiting year for UT given all the senior talent we lose.

It sounds like Gabrielle has got some big-time talent, though have not seen her pitch or play. Great to land her last year--and this will be a HUGE recruiting year for UT given all the senior talent we lose.
Grew up in Poland, Ohio. Small, small town. She will be a good one!!!

0-0 game through 5 innings... Sarah Nevins throwing a no hitter for the Lady Bulls.

Melissa Davin leads off the 6th with an infield hit up the middle and beats throw to first.. Tory lewis sacrifices her to 2nd. Kat Dotson hits a 2 out triple to score Hammond (running for Davin).

Madison Shipman reaches by error to score Dotson. Shipman steals second, Gibson walks, Tarrango hit by pitch to load bases. Hannah Akamine singles to score 2. Melissa Brown Triples to score two more...

6-0 Vols heading to bottom of the 6th

Lewis, Raven single.... Dotson's second triple scores 2 to make it 8-0... Gibson singles to make it 9-0... and Freshman Haley Tobler singles in 2 to make it 11-0 heading to bottom of the 7th..

what a great win by the lady vols...nevins is one of the best pitchers in the country too!! great team win against the #12 USF bulls...will probably see them again in the title game

0-0 game through 5 innings... Sarah Nevins throwing a no hitter for the Lady Bulls.

Melissa Davin leads off the 6th with an infield hit up the middle and beats throw to first.. Tory lewis sacrifices her to 2nd. Kat Dotson hits a 2 out triple to score Hammond (running for Davin).

Madison Shipman reaches by error to score Dotson. Shipman steals second, Gibson walks, Tarrango hit by pitch to load bases. Hannah Akamine singles to score 2. Melissa Brown Triples to score two more...

6-0 Vols heading to bottom of the 6th

Nevins fell apart fast - :crazy:

I just got back home after watching the first UT/ USF game today. Man, it was cold in the stands. Couldn't stay for the second game, :(

That USF pitcher was very good, up until the LV's woke up.....

I just got back home after watching the first UT/ USF game today. Man, it was cold in the stands. Couldn't stay for the second game, :(

That USF pitcher was very good, up until the LV's woke up.....

pics or you weren't there gule :)

I have no idea how to copy the pics over to here, G MU. I'm A computer illiterite. heh!

Lady Vols beat Coastal Carolina 10-3 to advance to tomorrow's championship game against winner of the USF vs NC State game.

regarding uploading pictures.... you need to down load to your computer then upload from there... click on the paper clip above then browse your computer and follow the steps

Attachments

• IMG01446-20110511-2212.jpg
    IMG01446-20110511-2212.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG01467-20110520-1350.jpg
    IMG01467-20110520-1350.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG04067-20120603-1353.jpg
    IMG04067-20120603-1353.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 1 person
Lady Vols score 4 in the bottom of the 1st against NC State in the Championship game...

They take the 4-0 lead into the top of the 4th inning.

Ellen pitching with 2 on, 2 out in top of the 4th..... Ellen strike out the batter to send the game to the bottom of the 4th. (Ellen gets out of a 2 on, no out jam )

VN Store

Back