Softball prediction

Cblackburn

On the eve of the first pitch for the LV’s, in your honest opinion, how good do we think the team is going to be this year? We were picked 2nd in the SEC, yet 12th in the nation. With solid pitching in Ashley Rogers and promising new comer Turner, and a really solid line up. (Best Ive seen from us in years) I think we could be a force to be reckoned with all year! Anyone have a different opinion or prediction on how we will be?

Pitching is the question mark so with so many new faces and only one proven pitcher who really knows. I can't remember when we've lost an opening game of the season and that could definitely happen as Northwestern has a super star pitcher so hopefully we can manage a run or two against her and Rogers can shut them out. Looking at the schedule I thought we might end up with a record a lot like last season 40 plus win and 13 or so losses. I expect the hitting is going to be a lot better. It has to be or were in for a season we want like because Turner hasn't looked to this point anywhere near how Rogers looked as a freshman last season. If the pitching is better than expected we could definitely be a top ten team so much we don't know now.

just like any opening season of any Vol sport...hoping for a great season...pitching is always key...

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: Volfan2012
I still expect, as every year, to get to the super regional s as a minimum. Winning the SEC is surely a goal but getting to the CWS IS the goal. I think this team can get to the supers again and, as said by all above, if the pitching comes thru WS is a real possibility. Need 3 good pitchers. I think all the other pieces are there.

Interesting this season because there are so many unknowns about this team. I mean we got a little preview in the fall but a lot could've changed since then hopefully for the better.

Reactions: kregman
UT will struggle to finish in top 5 of SEC and lose once again in the Supers. This team as per Weekly usual will fade at the end of the year

Reactions: WizardofOz
UT will struggle to finish in top 5 of SEC and lose once again in the Supers. This team as per Weekly usual will fade at the end of the year

This year they play a much harder Sec schedule. Probably finish 500 in sec play!

Turner pitching today that is a huge surprise since we'll be going against their ace. Milloy leading off looks a little weird also.

Milloy
Seggern
Ayala
McCrary
Phillips
Shipman
Parsons
Morgan
Holcomb

VN Store

Back