Softball Coaching Change

She may well be the next head coach when the Weekly's retire......Since she left a job being the new head coach at Belmont to come back to UT, a lot may have been promised to her to be our pitching coach....

In any event, looking forward to some UT sports again....
pfjrqdZCxJmdDvVK-ZIH_8i_ch68Lu4WUCt77cX0hBsB864AgqCkKkJnbrB5mPe5MT-YzLfBm9VRk-EJUujn6v4jqzBEeGd2cS8C7UHYGIMaBC3LeyAQtFurqHQeWwATpgS9ui-a-NmLb30V

I have no idea what was promised, but being the top assistant at an SEC program does pay more than being the head coach of an OVC school.

That said, I could see things working out for that to be the case, depending on how long Karen wants to coach.

Monica Abbott said that Smith is the right person for the job in today's News Sentinel.
Several present SEC coaches and others in softball seem to think we hit a home run with this hire. I remember her well and she was the real deal at that time on the mound. Now if the you know whos will let her do what they hired her to do we should see the pitching turn around IMHO! New hitting coach expects the offense will take off and now the defense gets going I am excited. Love LV sports but especially softball!

Just listen to an interview with Megan on Fastpitch News. I have no idea how this will work in the long run but she is really impressive. Not only the Lady Vol background but did not realize she has a Masters in Sports Psychology. She talked about tailoring coaching to each player. She talked about dealing with being behind Monica (who wouldn't be?) and then dealing with the pressure of following Monica and being the number one. The mental side of softball is so important as we all know and she seems to excel at that not only on a individual basis but the team working together. She also talked about coming to see coaching as a calling. Hope they let her do her thing!

Solid PC coach. Not sure she'll be a HC at Tennessee. Had she stayed at Belmont for 3-4 years and made a run and turned the program around I could see it. She'll do good things for the pitchers but she needs to be able to do what she was hired to do. Marty was the workhorse on the recruiting trail, you always saw him at the major tournaments, same with Megan when she was at Lipscomb.

VN Store

Back