Social media attempt to get “One more year!” chant for Hooker during Vandy game

Hooker could become a legend if he returns and just plays the same. He wouldn't even have to play better to get Heisman buzz and end up being an all-time favorite Vol. One more year, playing at the same level as this year, and he will make A LOT more $ in the pros. Also, he'll probably be up over $500k in NIL, once UT lays out plans for their Heisman campaign.

The guy's 24. He will be entering the NFL at an age when many would be negotiating a 2nd contract.

I think he would benefit from staying another year, but I completely understand why he might not.

At some point it's just time to enter that next phase of your life.

Just for the record, I don't think he has NFL arm strength... his medium/deep throws have a tendency to flutter. But I'm just a schmuck sitting on my couch cheering for the Vols, what do I know?

The guy's 24. He will be entering the NFL at an age when many would be negotiating a 2nd contract.

I think he would benefit from staying another year, but I completely understand why he might not.

Just for the record, I don't think he has NFL arm strength... his medium/deep throws have a tendency to flutter. But I'm just a schmuck sitting on my couch cheering for the Vols, what do I know?

I get that, but he could also make 3 or 4x the money with the flick of his pen signing as an early rounder in 2023 than he would going this year as a late rounder or UDFA.

Reactions: irish1485
A bit lame to be chanting something that could apply to every JR or SR that could return like we aren't interested in them, just hooker.

Reactions: -GiveHim6-
I can’t link a social media post, but this is making the rounds.
May seem a little silly, but if he’s on the fence, seeing how much fan support he truly has may sway him.
I say we make it happen.

Now, I admit, I'm stone-cold crazy. But I'd like to see Vols fans embellish this a bit. Childish probably, silly even, but would still grab attention. Give me the man a laugh, that may be half, of getting him to stay. After all, what would vols world be without a Captain Hook?

Captain, Captain, Captain Hook, please hear;
One more year, one more year, one more year.
We want Captain Hook commanding the Vols ship.
Firing broadside volleys; salvos a-plenty - yep.
Captain, Captain, Captain Hook, please hear;
One more year, one more year, one more year
1637771463530.png

I can’t link a social media post, but this is making the rounds.

May seem a little silly, but if he’s on the fence, seeing how much fan support he truly has may sway him.

I say we make it happen.
Sorta Like they done with Erik Berry. lol can remember Berry riding a bike on the sidle line and fans along that side of the field was chanting 1 more year.

A bit lame to be chanting something that could apply to every JR or SR that could return like we aren't interested in them, just hooker.

“You’re not some flash in the pan receiver, or corner, you’re the QUARTERBACK! You know what that means? It’s the top spot, kid”

-Tony D’Amato, Any Given Sunday

Reactions: FBtime
I would think that some "riding the fence" portal linemen might be influenced to come play next year at UT to block for a player of Herndon's caliber. Whatever we can do to increase the quality and depth of our athletes, I am all in for. Go Vols! Beat Vandy and win the bowl game.

Reactions: tbh and Beagle Bill
I get that, but he could also make 3 or 4x the money with the flick of his pen signing as an early rounder in 2023 than he would going this year as a late rounder or UDFA.
I agree with you, the points you raise are certainly a consideration too.

I think we should do anything and everything to show our kids how much we appreciate all they do for us and that we want them all back for another year.

GET ER DONE!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Agree. That being said on arm strength I think is countered with his undeniable poise, mobility and most importantly, his accuracy. Regardless of when he enters the draft or where he is drafted, he will get his chance

I'm organizing a counter cheer Get That Money! I think the guy should go honestly...can't improve on what he's done this year and he could easily get hurt the way he has to run...the same draft guys who call him a system QB this year would do the same next

Agree. That being said on arm strength I think is countered with his undeniable poise, mobility and most importantly, his accuracy. Regardless of when he enters the draft or where he is drafted, he will get his chance
Chad Pennington made a lot of NFL money without the strongest arm. I will be rooting for Hendon whatever he decides.

Let’s be honest, we don’t really want Hooker back because it might help him in the draft. We want him back because our football team will be much better with him here than without. That’s what is important to us. We grow up wanting UT to win college games. These kids grow up wanting a chance to bet on themselves and have a shot at the NFL. Shooters shoot, right? I say let Hendon shoot. He has an opportunity none of us dreamed of after 6th grade. If Heup can get Hooker into the NFL after just one season, Hooker wins and UT wins because we can sell that in recruiting.

* Don’t @ me with your ‘I really do want what’s best for the player’ unless you can back that up with how you wanted what’s best for JG, Maurer, Shrout, Milton, Bailey, Salter, all the Pruitt transfers, etc. It’s ok to say ‘I just want what’s best for UT.’ Just own it.

Let’s be honest, we don’t really want Hooker back because it might help him in the draft. We want him back because our football team will be much better with him here than without. That’s what is important to us. We grow up wanting UT to win college games. These kids grow up wanting a chance to bet on themselves and have a shot at the NFL. Shooters shoot, right? I say let Hendon shoot. He has an opportunity none of us dreamed of after 6th grade. If Heup can get Hooker into the NFL after just one season, Hooker wins and UT wins because we can sell that in recruiting.

* Don’t @ me with your ‘I really do want what’s best for the player’ unless you can back that up with how you wanted what’s best for JG, Maurer, Shrout, Milton, Bailey, Salter, all the Pruitt transfers, etc. It’s ok to say ‘I just want what’s best for UT.’ Just own it.

I don’t think anyone is pretending they want Hooker back for any other reason than because we would be a force with him at the helm next year.

That being said, I also don’t want him to get Jamie Newman’d. Newman transferred to Georgia and was getting a ton of preseason hype, then took some bad advice and sat out the year to prepare to get drafted… then he wasn’t drafted. I would really hate to see that happen to Hooker.

VN Store

Back