Soccer hosts Mizzou Friday at 7:00 at Regal, TV via SECNetwork.

StrangeVol

My preview of this match is short and sweet. If we score two goals or more we will likely win. If we score one goal, we'll likely tie and if we fail to score we'll likely lose, but might tie.

Why do I think this? We've scored two goals in three matches. Mizzou has scored two goals in two matches. So we have a match between two sides that don't score much.

Of course, if you simply enjoy the beauty of the game there are many reasons to watch. If not, it's all about scoring.

Have we figured out how to put the ball in the net? Stand by...

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Reactions: cardvolfan
My preview of this match is short and sweet. If we score two goals or more we will likely win. If we score one goal, we'll likely tie and if we fail to score we'll likely lose, but might tie.

Why do I think this? We've scored two goals in three matches. Mizzou has scored two goals in two matches. So we have a match between two sides that don't score much.

Of course, if you simply enjoy the beauty of the game there are many reasons to watch. If not, it's all about scoring.

Have we figured out how to put the ball in the net? Stand by...

GO LADY VOLS!!!
If we figure out that a ball above the top bar is not a goal and that one must kick at the goal to have a chance we will be way ahead. :) ( Last game you could clearly hear the coaches shouting for them to shoot in the last minutes) Do everything to get Thomas the ball where she can do something with it. Go Vols!!

Reactions: StrangeVol
Jaida Thomas has been and still my favorite player because of hustle annndddd her scoring. Romig has misplayed two balls that cause us goals in the last two games. Seems to lose focus more now and gets a awful lot of praise!

Well, what about them Lady Vols...scored twice and could have had a third goal late. MacKenzie George is the real deal, the best player on the team without a doubt. Lindsey Romig had some brilliant saves in goal, but in my opinion, she should have caught and stopped Mizzou's only score. Claudia Dipaspil played her rear end off and gave a perfect service for our first score. We were badly outshot, 20 to 8, but 7 of our 8 shots were on goal which is outstanding. In contrast Of Mizzou's 20 shots, only 9 were on goal, which is almost decent.

I thought Mizzou played a very aggressive style almost to the point of being "dirty." Our girls shrugged it off and played on, as they should.

I thought Alecia Donley played very well and gave the Mizzou defenders plenty to worry about. Jaida Thomas cleaned up in front of the goal for her score and generally played well. Our defense was spotty, at times effective and at other times leave Romig on her own. Thankfully Romig baled them out on several occasions.

Overall, we improved I thought. Well done ladies! :)

Most I've watched of a game so far. Good win, but are we really slow in the midfield? Seemed like a lot of balls rolling around and no one quick enough to get there.

I can't figure out what the speed thing is. Is it just a lack of foot speed or is it hesitancy in going after the ball or clogging passing lanes? Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. It seems to be the latter but maybe it just shows up against teams that have a lot of speed?

One other thing I also wish I could explain is why we don't seem to be able to make an accurate, properly weighted pass that puts the receiving player in a position to move forward quickly toward a goal. I often see the teams we are playing making excellent passes routinely but we mostly struggle to do so consistently. Is it a lack of talent or lack of instruction and training? Again, I have no idea.

I can't figure out what the speed thing is. Is it just a lack of foot speed or is it hesitancy in going after the ball or clogging passing lanes? Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. It seems to be the latter but maybe it just shows up against teams that have a lot of speed?

One other thing I also wish I could explain is why we don't seem to be able to make an accurate, properly weighted pass that puts the receiving player in a position to move forward quickly toward a goal. I often see the teams we are playing making excellent passes routinely but we mostly struggle to do so consistently. Is it a lack of talent or lack of instruction and training? Again, I have no idea.

We really miss Cousins more than most because she controlled the ball and could pass. We seem to just "kick" the ball with little real purpose or thought of where we are going with it. It scares me to death the times we kick it across the face of our own goal. We have two good scorers in George and Thomas but they pretty much have to take the ball up field to score instead of being fed the ball. Maybe someone(s) will grown into that role. #15 that Missouri had would be nice to have.

VN Store

Back