Soccer equal pay ruling

Sorry I'm not a woke social justice warrior like you trying to save adults from decisions they made of their own volition. You are obviously such a much better person.

I'm not doing anything to help them, I'm just calling people out for making bad arguments. The women have made some mistakes handling this, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be trying to get a better deal and I have no idea why people are so opposed to them trying to get a better deal. It's a very interesting phenomenon.

Women's Soccer Team Sues To Overturn Unjust Law Of Supply And Demand

Star player Megan Rapinoe has filed a lawsuit on behalf of the United States women's national soccer team to overturn the "unjust, unfair, unconstitutional law of supply and demand," sources confirmed Wednesday.

Rapinoe challenged the law for oppressing women when it was revealed that men's soccer brings in exponentially more money than women's soccer, and as such women are paid less. The lawsuit, filed earlier this week, petitions the US government to recognize that the basic economic laws that determine wages violate federal discrimination regulations on gender.

"The oppressive, misogynistic law of supply and demand has conspired against women for years," she said. "More people want to watch men's soccer, so the men make a lot more money than we do. This is a clear example of systemic inequality that has been enshrined in economic laws for centuries."

"Also, I'm a woman, I'm gay, I have pink hair, and I have tattoos, and [expletive] President Trump!" she added. "Wooooooo!!!" She said she will continue to tout these facts as important elements of the lawsuit that challenges the law of supply and demand. "There's no way a judge will rule against me because I'm so brave.'

I'm not doing anything to help them, I'm just calling people out for making bad arguments. The women have made some mistakes handling this, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be trying to get a better deal and I have no idea why people are so opposed to them trying to get a better deal. It's a very interesting phenomenon.
Pretty simple, I think. Couple things:

- SJWs began to mount a campaign a few years ago with the oft-cited stat of women making 78 cents (or something like that) for every dollar a man makes. That stat, along with that entire study, is extremely simplistic and misleading. When you adjust for things like total hours worked between men and women, the different professions women and men choose to go into, etc., the wage gap disappears and there are actually a number of fields where women make more than men. Many people remember that study, lump the USWNT's argument into that category (and to be fair, some of that lumping is warranted given how some team members have chosen to make their argument), and calling it a day.
- Rapinoe is an anthem kneeler.

I have no problem with anyone making more money if it is justified - male or female. However, Rapinoe is an insult to women.
tenor.gif

Pretty simple, I think. Couple things:

- SJWs began to mount a campaign a few years ago with the oft-cited stat of women making 78 cents (or something like that) for every dollar a man makes. That stat, along with that entire study, is extremely simplistic and misleading. When you adjust for things like total hours worked between men and women, the different professions women and men choose to go into, etc., the wage gap disappears and there are actually a number of fields where women make more than men. Many people remember that study, lump the USWNT's argument into that category (and to be fair, some of that lumping is warranted given how some team members have chosen to make their argument), and calling it a day.
- Rapinoe is an anthem kneeler.

So no good reasons. The USWNT's pay should be about revenue and that's it.

Here is my philosophy. I watch the US Women's team during the Olympics and World Cups. I watch the US Men's team EVERY TIME they are playing and it's televised (record it if I'm working). I know a lot of people that are the same. The supply and demand rule is in effect. The Women should get paid based on what they bring in. The Men should get paid based on what they bring in.

Also, FIFA is a whole different issue. There is no doubt the Men's World Cup brings in WAAAAY more revenue.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back