Sober 7 years today

Thanks guys, y'all may have played a part in saving my life... I've thought about quiting cold Turkey

Congrats bud, I'm trying but I've gotten myself to the point to where I puke if I don't have it. And the shakes are terrible.. I never knew it could get this way

I thought about you when I saw this thread. Sorry to see you're still strugling. Like others have said see a doctor. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Reactions: 1 person
Congrats bud, I'm trying but I've gotten myself to the point to where I puke if I don't have it. And the shakes are terrible.. I never knew it could get this way

Damn, dude. I have the same problem, but opposite. The idea of alcohol can at times make me gag and simply taking a drink, can make me throw up. I used to drink day after day for a few years. I still sometimes go back into that rut. I gag at the thought of vodka and liqour these days though. Depending on the moment, I can even throw up from a single drink of beer. I went at it too hard and alcohol for me is like a kid who ate too much chocolate, puked his guts out(too many times to count) and as an adult, hates chocolate. Difference is, if something taste bad, you just don't eat it. Alcohol serves another purpose though and it was something I once liked, so I still want it in me because of my addiction. It makes me sick though. I now only drink about once a week but it's not fun anymore and I'm used to wondering off to go puke as if it's natural to do the majority of the time you drink. I hope people in this thread can get better. I say that because unlike you guys, I don't even care for drinking anymore but I'm still sucked in. If you don't even like doing it and it's hard to give up, it's gonna be really hard to give up if you do like it. Wish it was still fun. Since it's not, wish I could walk away.

VN Store

Back