So why do you think Freeze wound up at Liberty?

Why did interest in Freeze drop so fast?

• Just too much baggage

• New transgressions came up

• Sankey just said "No!"

• Liberty was his true dream job all along

Results are only viewable after voting.

musolfmj

This was quite a saga, ending with a meteoric drop in interest by SEC schools.

First he was headed to UT. Then maybe Auburn. Finally Alabama. Throughout the myriad threads there are lot of opinions on what happened, so why not collect them in one place.

I figured since Saban wanted him last year, surely he would take him this year. Nope. So my poll pick is that something new surfaced, something that turned all the SEC schools off. Briarcrest? Sankey? Who knows.

What do you think?

I'm guessing either his return to the SEC was contingent on him being "rehabilitated" under Saban, or there's some other dirt on him that's bad enough that all of the schools courting him stepped away.

None of these. It's a head coaching job. Volnation has no idea how to make poll options that are not slanted. Interest from Freeze dried up when he decided it should. I doubt it ever really dried up from Tennessee's side.

E) Has to big of an ego to work for someone else, and knows it.

I don’t know about auburn. He slow played UT. Enos is going to get the job at Alabama.
I suspect that Liberty is the perfect place for Freeze to rehab his rep

Reactions: carpbc
Just think that he is still in recovery stage and this step allows him to work on his problems in a much less conspicuous setting. These issues didn't just show up and they will not just go away without effort and rehab. I hope that he does recover because he had a real talent and I hate to see that wasted. It is hard sometimes but I usually try to give the best possible spin on things.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Maybe he will rehab and end up coming to be head coach for us soon if things don’t get better soon. I hope Pruitt is very successful, but Tennessee may be such a dumpster fire that he will be in over his head

Honestly it’s the perfect fit for him. Almost similar to Petrino and WKU.

If Freeze stays there after 2 years, it’s a win win for Liberty. He’s also gonna have a tight leash as Liberty is a religious school. Also, there isn’t a lot of pressure there to win either. I actually think it was the best move for Freeze now that I have had time to take a break and look back at it.

Tennessee- people would bash him constantly in his first year as he would change from Helton’s scheme. This was the exact same thing that happened to Helton when he moved from Butch’s scheme to his. Never understood the Fire Helton crowd after a first year into a new staff.

Bama- prolly the quickest way back to a power 5 program head coaching. But when you look at Saban assistants, they generally don’t do well. Jimbo and Smart (for now) are the exceptions but jury is still out on Smart as he walked into a stocked program much like Jimbo did as head coach in waiting. Also, Freeze beat Saban twice so it’s not like he needs Saban to be a great coach.

Florida State- Coup in waiting. People loved the Taggart hire because it was such a personality change from Jimbo. Was a knee jerk hire. Now looking back, people are already wanting to fire Taggart.

Kudos to Freeze and hope he kills it at Liberty. Who knows, he could potentially be here if things don’t work out with Pruitt After 3-4 years. Him not coming as OC sorta helps in that scenario.

This was quite a saga, ending with a meteoric drop in interest by SEC schools.

First he was headed to UT. Then maybe Auburn. Finally Alabama. Throughout the myriad threads there are lot of opinions on what happened, so why not collect them in one place.

I figured since Saban wanted him last year, surely he would take him this year. Nope. So my poll pick is that something new surfaced, something that turned all the SEC schools off. Briarcrest? Sankey? Who knows.

What do you think?
When you say he was headed to Tn, then Auburn then Bama could have been all just internet gossip. I do think he was definitely interviewed just don't think he convinced any of them that he had repented, changed his ways and was worthy of a high dollar contract.

VN Store

Back