So who's left?

I mean like a 4.2 or 4.3....Doubt we have that with those 3...
Yeah I know Jaylen Wright is a 4.3 guy but he's a RB. Brashard Smith has plenty speed (10.5/10.6 100m time) and would possibly be moved around the field so not sure if the staff sees him as a RB, WR, or ATH.

And yet we already stand at 24 commits as of today! Going to be very interesting how everything will work out with so many needs that still need to be filled.

We HAVE to get two more lineman. Preferably OTs in this class. Like others mentioned already, Parker and Pounds are our best bets at this point.
If I counted correctly, we have 13 OL on the roster. 1 committed. Normally, we have 15 OL depending on injuries, depth, etc. So we have 1 to go, until the seniors graduate, transfers, etc. It's a fluid number.

If I counted correctly, we have 13 OL on the roster. 1 committed. Normally, we have 15 OL depending on injuries, depth, etc. So we have 1 to go, until the seniors graduate, transfers, etc. It's a fluid number.

Nice thing about OL is that if we have too many, we can always get a couple to slim down and play WR!

WR
Deion Colzie
Brashard Smith
OL
Diego Pounds
Amarius Mims
William Parker
Rod Orr
DE
Jeremiah Williams
Demeioun Robinson
Landyn Watson
Khristian Zachary
Demarcus Smith
Travali Price
Jailen Weaver
DT
Leonard Taylor
Tywone Malone
Payton Page
Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins
LB
Smael Mondon
CB
Isaiah Johnson
Nathaniel Wiggins(?)
Nyland Green
Terrion Arnold
Damarius McGhee
Latrell McCutchin
Ceyair Wright
S
Dink Jackson

These would be the main ones that come to mind but there are about 25 more that I wouldn’t be surprised if we have a realistic chance later in the year...(I.E., Jacquez Smith, Rayshaun Benny, etc)

So I reworked your list a little based on things I've read. Some of these guys are committed elsewhere, but we continue to pursue. Not sure on the order of interest, but it's guys that I've read the staff continues to communicate with. I'm sure there are more, but this is what I came up with for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownVol
I really don't understand why anybody thinks we get Mims or Mondon. Outside of Volnation, I have not seen any indication of it. I really hope I am wrong!!!:cool:

I really don't understand why anybody thinks we get Mims or Mondon. Outside of Volnation, I have not seen any indication of it. I really hope I am wrong!!!:cool:
Because they have not said we are out. We have great recruiters. Analysts assume because they are in GA and GA wants them they will go to GA. Analysts are wrong a lot. AV said we have a good chance with SM.

Because they have not said we are out. We have great recruiters. Analysts assume because they are in GA and GA wants them they will go to GA. Analysts are wrong a lot. AV said we have a good chance with SM.
Lot of assumptions, I agree. Even people here say things like "he's in the heart of Georgia"...ok, but he's still 2 hours from Athens. Closer to Ga Tech, same distance to Auburn, and just 3 hours from UT or Bama. People making a big deal over 1 hour distance difference...jmo

Reactions: SweetasSoda
WR
Deion Colzie
OL
Diego Pounds
Amarius Mims
William Parker
Rod Orr
DE
Jeremiah Williams
Demeioun Robinson
Khristian Zachary
Demarcus Smith
Travali Price
Jailen Weaver
DT
Tywone Malone
Payton Page
Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins
LB
Smael Mondon
CB
Nyland Green
Terrion Arnold

Last edited:
We got Hyatt, Callaway, and now Halladay at WR in the 20 class that are all 4.3 to 4.4 guys in the 40... much, much faster at WR and really all over the field than we have been in the last decade.

We need a couple big uglies. Tackles, whether offensive or defensive in HS. 300lbs or close with a frame to add more and a really hateful attitude. These classes that CJP and the best recruiting staff in the country have put together are truly GREAT at addressing our NEEDS.

I have yet to see whether CJP can be a championship caliber coach when it comes to Xs and Os....but with the Jimmy's and Joe's, he is definitely as good as anyone there is in college football. We may not be ready to play championship level football yet...but we are surely building a roster with the talent necessary to do just that. As long as we can get a QB capable of playing at average or better in the SEC. That is the one area where coach has failed so far. Our QB play has been hot garbage...and hoping for a 300yd game, or a 4 passing TD game, has been about as likely as Hell freezing solid and renting ice skates. Hopefully we can find a kid that can actually throw the ball accurately and make good decisions. The last one we had that could was who?? Bray?? Hate that Baileys freshman year just happened to be Covid season. Maybe it will turn out to be a blessing and we redshirt him or something.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We got Hyatt, Callaway, and now Halladay at WR in the 20 class that are all 4.3 to 4.4 guys in the 40... much, much faster at WR and really all over the field than we have been in the last decade.

We need a couple big uglies. Tackles, whether offensive or defensive in HS. 300lbs or close with a frame to add more and a really hateful attitude. These classes that CJP and the best recruiting staff in the country have put together are truly GREAT at addressing our NEEDS.

I have yet to see whether CJP can be a championship caliber coach when it comes to Xs and Os....but with the Jimmy's and Joe's, he is definitely as good as anyone there is in college football. We may not be ready to play championship level football yet...but we are surely building a roster with the talent necessary to do just that. As long as we can get a QB capable of playing at average or better in the SEC. That is the one area where coach has failed so far. Our QB play has been hot garbage...and hoping for a 300yd game, or a 4 passing TD game, has been about as likely as Hell freezing solid and renting ice skates. Hopefully we can find a kid that can actually throw the ball accurately and make good decisions. The last one we had that could was who?? Bray?? Hate that Baileys freshman year just happened to be Covid season. Maybe it will turn out to be a blessing and we redshirt him or something.

Great post marcusluvsvols,

The one silver lining about the loss of spring practice for Freshmen like Harrison Bailey is that Rattler will also miss this time to prepare for game 2 of the season. I think this is a pivotal game for Pruitt as I truly think we will win and the national press (I talking to you Herbstreit) will need to sit up and take notice.

Great post marcusluvsvols,

The one silver lining about the loss of spring practice for Freshmen like Harrison Bailey is that Rattler will also miss this time to prepare for game 2 of the season. I think this is a pivotal game for Pruitt as I truly think we will win and the national press (I talking to you Herbstreit) will need to sit up and take notice.
Rattler was in the system all last year as a red shirt freshman. Does it hurt? Sure. But I don't think to the degree people are hoping for. Definitely hurts Bailey worse.

I’d argue the big 10 has the best lines. Iowa specifically
In the 2020 NFL Draft, it went like this for the SEC and Big 10 lineman. OT--SEC 5 , B10--2 , OG--SEC 4 , B10--4 , C--SEC 1 , B10-2, DE--SEC 3 , B10--7, DT--SEC 8, B10--4 Total SEC-- 21 B10-- 19

VN Store

Back