So, who quit?!

He knows he was brought here to win football games, and he knows what it's going to take, which includes fan support. Everything else will take care of itself.

Reactions: 2 people
Yea, your going to be told those guys have won National Championships and have earned the right to be hard nosed.

They will be correct too.

I'll just add, Pruitt made a simple little comment. No big deal. This doesn't register as being "hard-nosed"

Behr , I understand that and you are right with your comment..
But how did they win those Natty's ? By being soft or being hard ass..?
I was just saying it is nice to have a coach that expects more from everyone and demands it....
GBO

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting. Pruitt questioning fans equals okay. Fans questioning Pruitt equals not okay? I'm all for having patience and giving Pruitt his chance, but I worry some are so enamored that we're entering that point again where the head coach can do no wrong. Every coach has their defenders. I get that. But we(TN fans) tend to give devotion to a coach well before he earns it. Happened with Kiffin, happened with Dooley, happened with Butch.

We "didn't draft" Pruitt. He "chose" us. So I guess he did us a favor by taking lots of money to coach our players. Said players look less than impressive at the spring game and suddenly that's all on them, and somehow, the fans. I personally don't remember conducting any spring practices, yet somehow, as a fan, it's my fault? My point is, it's just not a good look. It's gonna rub some people the wrong way and it's easy to understand why.

All of that aside, we still have a long way to go. And like I said, fans should be patient with Pruitt and give him a chance. He's a first time head coach and there will be missteps. I think the criticism of fans was such a misstep. You take away the meet and greet with the players and expect 100,000 fans to show up after a 4-8 season? Not realistic. One of the biggest draws of the OW game was getting to meet the players. Take that away and you're just watching a glorified practice.

34-7 indicates that it wasn't even a good much less glorified practice. :biggrin:

Behr , I understand that and you are right with your comment..
But how did they win those Natty's ? By being soft or being hard ass..?
I was just saying it is nice to have a coach that expects more from everyone and demands it....
GBO

I know what you meant and agree. I just thought I'd say what others were gonna say, just nicer. :)

What makes this very funny is I was one of them and I was trying to get on this site! Sprint is my carrier and even though it is 3 bars LTE in Neyland it is always garbage. I guess too many people trying to access the same tower. I spent most of the game trying to shrink my image size so I could post it and trying to get it to post. I ended up not adding an actual picture until I got home.

Does anyone else find their data is garbage in the stadium?

Sounds like your cell carrier didn't give 100 percent and quit on the Orange and White Game.

May wanna follow the lead of the head coach and hold a press conference to complain about it.

I wasn't talking on the phone. I was sending selfies. The twins were fighting the while trip except when they had cotton candy and snow cones. They were insulted by the hot dogs. They wanted more candy.

Of course they did. Had to feed that sugar high! Worse that crack, it is! :^)

Pruitt needs to look in the mirror if players don’t want to play for him instead of blaming everyone around him (including the fans)for his lake of progress thus far.

Lack of progress? He's had half of an offseason for you to make a judgement on and maybe some of them are used to being coddled and its not happening anymore.

Reactions: 2 people
Trophy's should be earned and that is why I like Pruitt's approach! Either BLEED ORANGE or don't. Its a choice!

This right here.

Think he is getting a dose of reality in not having an NFL farm team to coach and he's having trouble handling it.

Calling out the obvious is getting a dose? How many trophys did you get just for showing up?

Bleed Orange or Don't. Your choice.

Reactions: 3 people
Apologize for any aspersions. Although I quoted your post, I was speaking towards Pruitt and the general notion that I have to accept Pruitt's comments and have no right to challenge what was said, or I'm not a real fan. To anyone that tells me that, yes, **** off.

He can't do things the way he's done them and expect record crowds. Not based on where things are right now. If he doesn't want to do any PR, that's his prerogative. Shut up, coach, and do your thing. It doesn't matter to me. However, when you do a 180 and you impugn the fanbase, that's bull****. I've laid out the facts. The defensive results on Saturday don't tell show me improvement or buy in. Telling me players quit, means they haven't bought into you. So, that could be the players or it could be the coaches. Time will tell which one. Is my love for UT conditional? No. Is my investment conditional, yes.

I had a relative play the last five years. They didn't deserve the chaos over there. Players got jerked around. It took its toll. Yes, players have a responsibility. So do the coaches.
You're not a real fan

Reactions: 3 people
This right here.

Think he is getting a dose of reality in not having an NFL farm team to coach and he's having trouble handling it.

Lol oh yeah? You determined this in the spring game? When he doesn't even have the people he specifically recruited to fill positions immediately? Like Chryst, London, Peterson, Anderson, Johnson, Banks, George? Not to mention plenty more....

Give me a break. This team will be a completely different being come fall. If you can't figure that out maybe you need to figure out how to follow this team better.

Anybody follow Ramon Foster on Instagram? Him and several other VFL’s aren’t taking kindly to the post the Vol Football account posted not too long ago about players our coaching staff have coached.

Anybody follow Ramon Foster on Instagram? Him and several other VFL’s aren’t taking kindly to the post the Vol Football account posted not too long ago about players our coaching staff have coached.

I understand the hate but the staff is trying to recruit. Recruits want to get to the league. If it works cool if not scrap it.

I understand the hate but the staff is trying to recruit. Recruits want to get to the league. If it works cool if not scrap it.

I’m with you, it’s a recruiting play....I get it. I can also see where it could ruffle some feathers with VFL’s though. Wanting to see actual players from UT that are in the league being promoted instead of claiming guys from other universities.

It is what it is....I don’t think that’s what they were going for, but it’s obviously rubbed a few the wrong way.

None of this really matters. If he is a good coach ,we'll win. Then nobody will gripe about petty things. Also , his rants about the players quitting and not competing is simply a tactic to piss them off and make them work harder. Urban Meyer publicly torched his team his first year at UF for their effort . It seemed to work out for them.

Calling out the obvious is getting a dose? How many trophys did you get just for showing up?

Bleed Orange or Don't. Your choice.

You forgot to call me a snowflake.

Page 1 of the Tough Internet Guy Handbook, page 1 just after the introduction.

Rookie mistake. We can let it slide this time.

Lol oh yeah? You determined this in the spring game? When he doesn't even have the people he specifically recruited to fill positions immediately? Like Chryst, London, Peterson, Anderson, Johnson, Banks, George? Not to mention plenty more....

Give me a break. This team will be a completely different being come fall. If you can't figure that out maybe you need to figure out how to follow this team better.

Nah, just observing how pissy and whiney he was after the number 1 defense embarrassed themselves by giving up 34.

He must have gotten sick of watching the game and started counting fans in the stands to have made the idiotic comment about the attendance.

I'm sure the irony of making excuses for him not having his players in place while espousing how tough and no nonsense a coach Pruitt is is completely lost on you when you typed your response.

Nah, just observing how pissy and whiney he was after the number 1 defense embarrassed themselves by giving up 34.

He must have gotten sick of watching the game and started counting fans in the stands to have made the idiotic comment about the attendance.

I'm sure the irony of making excuses for him not having his players in place while espousing how tough and no nonsense a coach Pruitt is is completely lost on you when you typed your response.

Or maybe it's hard for you to comprehend that Pruitt called out his players in order to get them to work harder to get better. I don't know how many sports you might have played, however, I do know that I played sports my whole life to include baseball and football in college and sometimes you have to call out your guys to get them to perform. Pruitt gave them an ultimatum start putting in the work and give 100% or else one of these new guys coming in will take your spot.

It is pretty much that simple. I appreciate your analysis on the way I think though. Good try.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back