So who do you hire?

Another very good up and comer is UCF women's basketball coach Katie Abrahamson-Henderson

View attachment 197216

Katie Abrahamson-Henderson's coaching record

Missouri State 2002-2003 18-13 NCAA 1st round
Missouri State 2003-2004 28-4 NCAA 1st round
Missouri State 2004-2005 25-8 WNIT Champions
Missouri State 2005-2006 17-15 NCAA 1st round
Missouri State 2006-2007 7-21

Albany 2010-2011 16-14
Albany 2011-2012 23-10 NCAA 1st round
Albany 2012-2013 27-4 NCAA 1st round
Albany 2013-2014 28-5 NCAA 1st round
Albany 2014-2015 24-9 NCAA 1st round
Albany 2015-2016 27-4 NCAA 2nd round

UCF 2016-2017 21-12 WNIT 2nd round
UCF 2017-2018 22-11 WNIT 2nd round
UCF 2018-2019 25-5 2nd in American Athletic Conference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Abrahamson_Henderson

She not that good of a coach Tenn can do better they played a cupcake schedule was pounded by UConn twice and Central Michigan, I have watch this team not that good

Go back to where you found your last great women’s head basketball coach. Kevin McMillan has done an amazing job with UTM over the last 9 seasons. Made the NCAA tournament run a few times and has not had the talent to work with at a smaller school. If you hire him at UT with the talent there he could restore The Lady Vols back to their former glory. He has done more with less.

Reactions: cutiepie5
who can they???? hmmmmmm let me think hmmmmmmmmmmm.....CANDANCE PARKER CANDANCE PARKER....CANDANCE PARKER.......THATS A NO BRAINER...SEND HOLLY PACKING.... QUICK

I totally agree, I mentioned her earlier on here and got hammered by some saying she is gay. Who cares, gay, straight, that is her business!!

Reactions: Remy
20141024_WB_044_MB.0.0.jpg
Carolyn Kruger ,I would definitely give this young lady a call!

I totally agree, I mentioned her earlier on here and got hammered by some saying she is gay. Who cares, gay, straight, that is her business!!

It is CANDACE (NO "N") Parker.

She is still playing for well for the Sparks (and I believe she also still plays overseas) and has not signaled any intention to retire.
She is moving into the broadcasting sphere.

And great players don't always make great coaches (particularly when they have not had any prior coaching experience at the relevant level of competition).

It is CANDACE (NO "N") Parker.

She is still playing for well for the Sparks (and I believe she also still plays overseas) and has not signaled any intention to retire.
She is moving into the broadcasting sphere.

And great players don't always make great coaches (particularly when they have not had any prior coaching experience at the relevant level of competition).

I agree with your assessment, it is the fact that she would have great recruiting prowess. She can hire a great bench coach.

Go back to where you found your last great women’s head basketball coach. Kevin McMillan has done an amazing job with UTM over the last 9 seasons. Made the NCAA tournament run a few times and has not had the talent to work with at a smaller school. If you hire him at UT with the talent there he could restore The Lady Vols back to their former glory. He has done more with less.
Good choice. Also, Mark Campbell of Union University in Jackson TN: Mark Campbell - Head Coach - Staff Directory - Union University Athletics

Good to know Candace CanDance but what haa that to do with coaching. Great players do not necessarily make great coaches.

This is very true look at Cherly Swoopes situation.

However you do have players like Staley who have thrived and succeeded.

I think Kara has the analytical mind from putting herself in a bunch of different positions to have to think basketball from a player to a an anylst, to a USAB coach. But I don’t know if she’d be successful I think she could but who really knows ?

She is used to being on the road with being a broadcaster so I don’t think traveling bothers her... LOL more so does she have the patience to deal with teenagers HAHA because she lights NBA players up on the regular and what/when she says something usually comes to pass in the game 😂

Funny thing I was watching the Wizards (yes they are horrible but my team) against Charlotte and the refs blew a blatant call which swung the game towards CHA favor and she was saying how her competitiveness makes her want to jump out the chair because she was so mad at how can someone miss that 😂 then the league came out in their 2 min report and agreed with exactly what she said.

I think Kara has the analytical mind from putting herself in a bunch of different positions to have to think basketball from a player to a an anylst, to a USAB coach. But I don’t know if she’d be successful I think she could but who really knows ?

She is used to being on the road with being a broadcaster so I don’t think traveling bothers her... LOL more so does she have the patience to deal with teenagers HAHA because she lights NBA players up on the regular and what/when she says something usually comes to pass in the game 😂

Funny thing I was watching the Wizards (yes they are horrible but my team) against Charlotte and the refs blew a blatant call which swung the game towards CHA favor and she was saying how her competitiveness makes her want to jump out the chair because she was so mad at how can someone miss that 😂 then the league came out in their 2 min report and agreed with exactly what she said.

My instincts tell me that Kara would more than likely be an exceptional coach. She was born to lead.

And I know enough about her to be 100% certain that if she somehow didn’t end up doing a great job that she’d not have to be forced out — she’d step down and then do her best to help Fulmer find the next coach. Lawson is a quality human being.

My instincts tell me that Kara would more than likely be an exceptional coach. She was born to lead.

And I know enough about her to be 100% certain that if she somehow didn’t end up doing a great job that she’d not have to be forced out — she’d step down and then do her best to help Fulmer find the next coach. Lawson is a quality human being.

No doubt ;-) I’ve seen her grow as a and a person.

I do not understand why all of the talking heads on this forum are so quick to say Vic Schaefer would never leave his established program at Miss. St. for the Lady Vols. He is currently in his first Head Coaching position and has only been there the same amount of time that Holly has been the HC here. I doubt that he ever looked at Miss. St. as his dream job. Texas A&M is his alma mater and it doesn't appear ready to make any changes with Blair there. Schaefer appears to me to be a high character individual that can recruit and coach the game, quite well. I just don't believe that he is so rooted there to not pass up the opportunity here at UT if it were offered to him. I do think that he would look at the Lady Vols as a dream job. Give the man a call.

I'm pretty sure when/if (please God) the AD is looking for a new coach he'll have feelers out there for any major names that might be interested. Likewise, any interested major name will make sure its known that they might be gettable. Name coaches have been known to even use the interest of another to get a raise (gasp!)

We'll bitch and moan for sure that they didn't call this one or that one but I don't think awareness and contact is a problem. Sometimes its just a matter of timing and luck. Coach Rick Barnes.

Crazy thought: could Kim Mulkey actually be our Rick Barnes? Apparently after ho hum raking in another conference championship last night she hinted at retirement and grandma-ing. About done all she can do at Baylor for now plus their whole AD is a sh%tstorm.

Never in a million thought I'd say this, been ragging on Little Miss Melodramatic for years, but she might be perfect for us if actually willing. Definitely passionate (ya think?) definitely an excellent coach well in control of her kids and her program, definitely a big name. Also, I believe she's someone who really respected Pat and what she built; Mulkey watched it first hand as a player from that era..

Before you go off to play tea party with the babies come to Pat's house just for one three-year contract and finish off your career by helping restore the legacy of the master. Get us back on our feet then we can take it from there. Nice farewell tour opportunity!

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1 and Momto2
I will say that when I read the since taken down Holly forum early this morning, I was ready to do a cartwheel if I was younger and thought about the next coach.

My first thought was Wes Moore.

Or yeah, Vic Shaeffer, if by miracle was available would also be kinda perfect. Mulky or Shaeffer. Right.

I will now go about the rest of my day reminding myself "Jon Gruden is not coming".

I wasn't looking for smart ass replies. I was looking for some reasonable explainations as to why people think he wouldn't want the job.

As Kara, the, basketball analyst, had also been coached by Geno, she is more flexible than others from the Pat's tree.

I do not understand why all of the talking heads on this forum are so quick to say Vic Schaefer would never leave his established program at Miss. St. for the Lady Vols. He is currently in his first Head Coaching position and has only been there the same amount of time that Holly has been the HC here. I doubt that he ever looked at Miss. St. as his dream job. Texas A&M is his alma mater and it doesn't appear ready to make any changes with Blair there. Schaefer appears to me to be a high character individual that can recruit and coach the game, quite well. I just don't believe that he is so rooted there to not pass up the opportunity here at UT if it were offered to him. I do think that he would look at the Lady Vols as a dream job. Give the man a call.
Vic would leave for College Station faster than Coach Jumper could make it to Knoxville.

Vic has 1.6 million reasons per year not to leave MS State. Do you think we would fork over 2 million a year to get him? Not a chance.

VN Store

Back