So which one is it?

walkenvol

We’ve all been operating under the assumption that most top recruits are getting paid by the likes of Duke, KY, LSU, Arizona, and Kansas. We also have been under the assumption that CRB runs a clean program. Now we’re getting top 5 recruiting classes. So which one is it? Are we paying for recruits or is it not commonplace for top recruits to get paid?

Just take a look into the current Recruit Momma database and see which ones are moving into a posh new house.
There's your answer.

Reactions: onevol74
Barnes has always recruited at a high level when he wanted to, it was his strongest suit when hiring him. Those first few years he signed some head scratchers and still does occasionally but he's always been able to get top talent. Having two guys come in and be first round projected picks helps a lot.

Coach Barnes sent Grant Williams, Admiral Schofield, Jordan Bone, and Kyle Alexander to the league.
They weren't five stars.
Recruits know he can help mold them into being successful because he has a proven track record
of doing that with his players at Tennessee.

It helps whenever you get 3 players drafted in the same draft. People take notice. Also, Rick Barnes seems to be a good man that will help mold kids into men and spends all of his time on the court with his players instead of up in his office. I’m sure that sells well with the families.

We’ve all been operating under the assumption that most top recruits are getting paid by the likes of Duke, KY, LSU, Arizona, and Kansas. We also have been under the assumption that CRB runs a clean program. Now we’re getting top 5 recruiting classes. So which one is it? Are we paying for recruits or is it not commonplace for top recruits to get paid?
The VOL hoops bagmen aren’t dumazzes like Pruitt’s bagmen. That’s all I got.

I live in Germantown (suburb of Mem.)

I do recall several years ago that most of the basketball players were driving Escalades.

Of course, all the inner city ball players have plenty of family cash to buy those. Memphis was never charged by NCAA of paying players.

Reactions: Rifleman and rbjnet

Why? Why? Does this really have to be asked?

By the way, you can ethically and within the rules figure out a way for players to get some source of money.

All I know is if this recruiting in legit, there is no way Barnes should ever be forced out before he wants to leave. I'm sorry but I recognize the shortcomings in tourneys, but there is no way in hell that I'd rather have a younger coach and not have this recruiting.

Barnes is literally upgrading this talent pipeline like crazy.....

Reactions: rbjnet
Why? Why? Does this really have to be asked?

By the way, you can ethically and within the rules figure out a way for players to get some source of money.
What is because this is a message board about college basketball for $800 Alex?

What is because this is a message board about college basketball for $800 Alex?

Yea, yea, yea, it's just not a subject I think is worthy 20 minutes after a commit. Until there is proof otherwise, it doesn't really matter.

Not trying to stir up anything and not upset either, I just say let it go for now.

I must say... its kind of odd (I guess that's the correct word) to have this type of thread a few minutes after getting a commitment from a top rated player like BHH. Not against the law, free speech for the moment is still in play, and this is a college sports message board so its well within the parameters. Just ....odd...

I must say... its kind of odd (I guess that's the correct word) to have this type of thread a few minutes after getting a commitment from a top rated player like BHH. Not against the law, free speech for the moment is still in play, and this is a college sports message board so its well within the parameters. Just ....odd...

Thread started just after midnight. What time did BHH commit?

Appears you dudes are more interested in discussing me verses discussing the topic. Pretty easy, if you don’t care for a thread topic just pass on by.

Barnes has always recruited at a high level when he wanted to, it was his strongest suit when hiring him. Those first few years he signed some head scratchers and still does occasionally but he's always been able to get top talent. Having two guys come in and be first round projected picks helps a lot.
"When he wanted to"? When did he not want to recruit well?

VN Store

Back