So, when is the press conference?

Correct, late night reading error — I mistook idol for idiot. The police are coming to arrest me away for this felony offense soon so I will need to be brief. To your question, email Danny white. The contact terms have raised speculations that her leash might be fairly short but it is just speculation. I will predict this — if she wins a natty next year, she gets an extension. If she loses every game she might not be back.
As usual you really put yourself out on a limb there .
And oh by the way I called 911 to report your felony ....expect them to arrive at any moment now.

Last edited:
Danny White.
No .... Once again, you said this :

Agree to disagree. Lack of relevance was used over and over as a recruiting and publicity tool against us.
Danny White hasn't recruited against Tennessee's women's basketball program. Can you name even one specific person who has publicly said that Tennessee's women's basketball program was irrelevant, and then used that over and over as a recruiting and publicity tool against Tennessee?

Well, for one reason, he stammered around and looked like the bookie caught running a numbers racket out of the back room of the Bada Bing.

Maybe that's his usual demeanor, but he seemed to be on the defensive side.
My goodness your sensitivity is way beyond the pale as compared to mine .....I did not detect nor see any of what you did in that presser ...."deer in the headlights " ,.......stammering around etc.Good on ya .....

Reactions: T_Vol376
Again, agree to disagree. Rickea had the stats, and the performances against the best teams was sensational. IMO the reason she didn't make the teams was lack of winning and playing for championships. She is a far better player than many who made the second and third teams, in spite of the injury which was early.

Who said TN WBB was irrelevant or heading in that direction? Almost everyone, but most importantly David White yesterday. More or less said that's why he made the hire, to get the LVs back where they belong, competing for championships.
yeah agreed. she got screwed like many other LVs. she played plenty of games to be an AA.

Perceive positive momentum (players “getting it and bought in) first season and expand that every subsequent season. Program stagnates or goes backward, hire the first Pat legacy we haven’t fired yet. 😴
Goodon ya mate.....

Was disappointed that the Marshall/VT highlights didn't show much of the press. Like most "highlights," it just focused on scoring by both teams. That means it mostly showed Amoore weaving through the traps like they were vapor or long passes for easy layups. I was hoping to see some turnovers converted to easy buckets, but most of the game looked like more conventional half-court defense. The press didn't seem to bother Tech much.

Marshall does get credit for fighting back and closing the game-opening deep gap before Tech finally lowered the boom and left them in the dust.

We also couldn't see how the platooning worked due to the editing. We used to call that style of running in a unit with fresh legs "Rat Patrol" back in the yonders.
Just watch the first half. Marshall controlled the game but u could clearly see they were outclassed and VT ran away in the 2nd half by 3s

As usual you really put yourself out on a limb there .
And oh by the way I called 911 to report your felony ....expect them to arrive at any moment now.
They came. I am making my one allowed Vol Nation post. I am looking at 5 years of hard time. So, I will check back in 2029 to see if CKC is still in charge.

If you want to contribute to my GoFundMe account to help with my legal expenses, that would be much appreciated.

.... and Leipold.

Sure, it's a gamble, but a calculated one. Caldwell's contract is constructed in such a way as to make a change in course relatively easy.
I don't think anyone is debating that it is a "calculated gamble." The contract is the exact cue people are picking up on as a signalling a hedged bet.

I went so far as to suggest Danny White might even have a plan B in place if this hire goes off the rails fast. White fan boys objected on the grounds that White is infallible and, therefore, anyone even thinking he would ever need a plan B must be burned at the stake, drawn and quartered, and fed to the lions.

Seemed like this year's bunch pressed pretty well in several games but just when it was working Coach Harper took it off, never could figure that. If you are going to press I believe you have to stay committed to it. You do need some athletes but that is doable. Most kids hate playing against good pressure because it makes them a nervous wreck. Just believe that if we commit to it and teach it well that it can and will work. Hope it does and does it well because it is so much fun to watch.
Likewise, Holly's press was devastating at times and could produce a 14-0 run, but she either used it when were already down double figures or called it off for no apparent reason.

Well, for one reason, he stammered around and looked like the bookie caught running a numbers racket out of the back room of the Bada Bing.

Maybe that's his usual demeanor, but he seemed to be on the defensive side.
That was the look of a man who was thinking "I do not want to answer any questions or have to explain my decision. Let me just get up and off as fast possible."

But Danny "tiny jacket" White presentation was still MUCH better than Fulmer's "why am I here, who is this, and what should I say?" intro for Kellie.

They came. I am making my one allowed Vol Nation post. I am looking at 5 years of hard time. So, I will check back in 2029 to see if CKC is still in charge.

If you want to contribute to my GoFundMe account to help with my legal expenses, that would be much appreciated.
Sent a 1000000 check should arrive soon.

Reactions: creekdipper
I don't think anyone is debating that it is a "calculated gamble." The contract is the exact cue people are picking up on as a signalling a hedged bet.

I went so far as to suggest Danny White might even have a plan B in place if this hire goes off the rails fast. White fan boys objected on the grounds that White is infallible and, therefore, anyone even thinking he would ever need a plan B must be burned at the stake, drawn and quartered, and fed to the lions.
No doubt you are one of the smartest fellows on the planet ......Mensa member for sure or use AI proficiently....... Nostradamus like.

By the way most everything in life is a gamble ...even taking the next breath .....calulate that for a sec .

No doubt you are one of the smartest fellows on the planet ......Mensa member for sure or use AI proficiently....... Nostradamus like.

By the way most everything in life is a gamble ...even taking the next breath .....calulate that for a sec .
Ah, I do appreciate the sincere flattery but, uh, really what has your knickers in such a massive wad?

As for risk, there is risk in parachuting out of an airplane but there is more risk in jumping out of an airplane without a parachute. It behooves one to know the difference.

Let's be clear. After Kellie was fired, the White fan boys were assuring all who would listen that White would not tolerate anything but having a championship caliber team and that he would definitely land a Hammon, or Staley, or a Gottlieb.

Even as we moved down the hierarchy of prospects, Coach Caldwell never, ever got mentioned as a potential candidate until the twitter bomb dropped on Sunday that she was in contract negotiations. Up until that point, no one envisioned a first year D1 coach from a sub mid-major program getting the job. When those reports dropped, the White fan boys then proclaimed, our genius AD is dropping disinfo to throw everyone off the trail. He is hiring someone now playing in the title game, bank on it!!!!!

For me, it is the stark contrast between these pie-in-the-sky predictions, the actual outcome, and the post hoc rationalizations that I find interesting and kind of fun to poke at since it sets some into a frenzy of outrage to question, in any way, the Diety who hired Josh Heupel.

Let us all hope that this particular gamble has a BIG payoff.

For the record, CKC is certainly passing all the initial tests with flying colors. The more substantive early test is fast approaching with respect to the portal (who she can bring in and who she can keep from the current roster).

Go Lady Vols and may Danny White, our father who are art in the AD office, watch over us all.....

Why? We won that many and made it to the round of 32 this year and would probably have won 20 and made it back to at least that same place next year.

It is not like she is building from a team with a losing record who had never been to the NCAA before.
I haven't gone back to review your original post I I thought you implied she was a failure if the team didn't make the sweet sixteen. I would give her 2 or 3 years to develop a highly competitive team and look forelite eight or better results by year 4.

Was disappointed that the Marshall/VT highlights didn't show much of the press. Like most "highlights," it just focused on scoring by both teams. That means it mostly showed Amoore weaving through the traps like they were vapor or long passes for easy layups. I was hoping to see some turnovers converted to easy buckets, but most of the game looked like more conventional half-court defense. The press didn't seem to bother Tech much.

Marshall does get credit for fighting back and closing the game-opening deep gap before Tech finally lowered the boom and left them in the dust.

We also couldn't see how the platooning worked due to the editing. We used to call that style of running in a unit with fresh legs "Rat Patrol" back in the yonders.
Looking at the VT game box score the starters all played 26 minutes or more. Only 3 subs played more than 10 minutes, the most being 14 minutes. That isn't wholesale platooning with starters getting to only play half of the game.

Making the tournament in her first year should be the goal and nothing else. CKH is leaving the roster in worse shape than she inherited and it's not even close.
Her boss told the new coach and the public what his goals for her the first year. Show improvement over this year next year. Leave good behind and head toward great. He called for immediate progress.
Looking at the VT game box score the starters all played 26 minutes or more. Only 3 subs played more than 10 minutes, the most being 14 minutes. That isn't wholesale platooning with starters getting to only play half of the game.
Maybe forced out of their usual pattern by playing a much better team than they're use to and in an elimination game. LOL that calls alot of coaches home to Jesus on their rotation.

Danny White hasn't recruited against Tennessee's women's basketball program. Can you name even one specific person who has publicly said that Tennessee's women's basketball program was irrelevant, and then used that over and over as a recruiting and publicity tool against Tennessee?

Continuously asking to cite a person who has publicly said that Lady Vol basketball is irrelevant as a recruiting tool is silly. Common sense would dictate that coaches recruiting the same players will say anything behind closed doors to get those players. Looking around, and maybe comparing apples to oranges, blue blood programs in all sports that had fallen out of NC contention for any period of time has had the same said about them in regards to relevance. Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, UCLA, Alabama, etc….all hit a stretch of mediocrity after big name coaches left those programs. And coaches were telling recruits that they had become irrelevant. It happens. You don’t think it didn’t happen with Shula at Alabama, Cooper at tOSU or say a John Blake at Oklahoma? Hell, even Texas has had to deal with that narrative for the past 20 years. The biggest hire schools made that turned things to an upward projection was not splash hires in coaching but of AD’s that understood the landscape. Saying programs are irrelevant happens. Stop getting all twisted over it.

Last edited:

Might as well give up BowlBro. I don't think he can give you such a name.

VN Store

Back