So what do you say now?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Granted this was not the prettiest win in the world, but a win is a win is a win. Considering most of you predicted us to get blown out, now would be the time to eat a little crow. That is a big win for this program. Now if we can stay focused and win out everyone would have to agree that 10-2 is a good season.

Our offense is still nonexistant it took 4 turnovers to win this game. I didn't see much on the offensive side of the ball to get excited about except for the 4th down play call. But how about that Jason Allen? He had a huge day. Derrick Tinsley also made some big plays. It's good to see him get involved in the game.

Our offense can be summed up in two words - Casey Clausen. I still don't understand the lack of respect that he, as a quarterback, gets from the UT fans and the sports world. I know that next year, unless we get somebody to step up quick, we are gonna be hurtin' for certain.

Needless to say, I've produced a gold brick from an orifice that we won't mention. :crap:

Guess it was from eating too much crow. Good thing I used some of Winslow's crybaby comments as T.P.

Originally posted by sabster74@Nov 8 2003, 05:27 PM
Needless to say, I've produced a gold brick from an orifice that we won't mention. :crap:

Guess it was from eating too much crow. Good thing I used some of Winslow's crybaby comments as T.P.

But the question is: Would you have it any other way? :naughty:

GO VOLS!

7-2 is not looking all that bad today.

I knew it all along. I told everyone all week we would win the turnover battle, keep them out of the endzone and go for a key fourth and goal that would turn out to be the difference. Really, I did. Ok so I picked us to lose. But regardless, it's great to be a Tennessee Vol today.

We won...but,

* The offense never got off the plane
* The receivers did little to help Casey today
* Fulmer didn't "leave it all on the field" in the 3rd and 4th quarters but instead resorted to the same old "we have a 4 point lead so lets sit on it"
* clock management with 4:11 left in the 4th quarter was TERRIBLE...had Miami not fumbled the punt I am convinced this could have been another heart breaker.

now the good,

* the defense shined again!
* Colquitt did a good job
* Casey was a true sportsman after having his head ripped off by Wilfork
* Casey did a good job reading the defense
* Our secondary was absulutely spectacular in tackling and making Winslow a non factor for most of the day.

Like Phil said...it is one of the prettiest ugly wins ever!

Originally posted by TitanVol+Nov 9 2003, 03:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TitanVol @ Nov 9 2003, 03:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KnoxKDX@Nov 8 2003, 10:30 PM
Like Phil said...it is one of the prettiest ugly wins ever&#33;

:lolup: [/quote]
NO WIN is EVER ugly to THIS Vol fan&#33;&#33; :pepper: :pepper:

I will be one to admit that I thought that Tennessee would get their butt kicked but I guess that is why they play the games. Sounds like the offense did not get on the plane ride down but I guess they needed room for the Defense. Again they saved the day. Their is going to be a game when he Fulmer wants to sit on the ball with a 3 or 4 point lead and leave the Defense to hold them and they are not going to. Today they did but it Fulmer should have rammed the ball in the endzone for one more score because the defense played the whole Second half. They were tired and they came up with a big play.

Yes a win is a win is a win but there comes a time in a career when you start a new play book.

i like my crow blackened with corn on the cob and green beans. :crap:

For now, the mere fact that an end around to Derrick Tinsley made it&#39;s way into the playbook is good enough for me.

How many of you started groaning when they came out on 4th and goal in that tight goal line formation and you thought they were going to run between the guards again?

Actually I wasn&#39;t looking for a run at all. That was a long 2 yards and really a tough call. I was looking for Fleming or maybe even the TE to catch a pass.

VN Store

Back