So, UF fans on the board:

This is willful ignorance to what I'm saying.

Muschamp is 4-0 against UT, 2-0 against CBJ. Nothing you say or misconstrue on my part is going to change that. He just came into Neyland with arguably the worst team he has ever had and stole a victory.

When he gets fired, it will be because UF doesn't tolerate mediocrity and find solace in the excuse game. It won't be because he couldn't beat UT. That is where our fanbase is being ridiculous. The lets hope he gets an extension crowd is failing to recognize that there is absolutely nothing based on actual game field performance that he will ever lose to UT. It is based on conjecture and hope that we will be better "next year". The facts say otherwise. He beats UT. Period.

Call me a negavol or whatever you if it makes you feel better. The facts are clear.

I agree with this and would add that the problems at both Florida AND at UT are a lot bigger than our annual tilt. The main problems for Florida, in a nutshell, are: 1) Recruiting errors at QB two years ago. That is being remedied, but won't show up until next year; 2) Recruiting omissions at offensive line; 3) the re-emergence of FSU in the recruiting statewide; 4) mistakes with offensive coordinator hiring. Some doozies.

For UT its really a question of experienced talent. You have and are recruiting talented players, they just need some games under their belt and some size on O-line.

Honestly, big picture wise, right now I'd rather be in your shoes than UF's. That could change if Florida can get back on some lists for throwing QBs and some tall and athletic receivers. But right now the trend is positive for UT and Florida is simply sputtering.

Reactions: 1 person
I am starting to like the Gator posters on this board. Any of you going to the cococktail party on the 1st?

My first time attending.

I agree with this and would add that the problems at both Florida AND at UT are a lot bigger than our annual tilt. The main problems for Florida, in a nutshell, are: 1) Recruiting errors at QB two years ago. That is being remedied, but won't show up until next year; 2) Recruiting omissions at offensive line; 3) the re-emergence of FSU in the recruiting statewide; 4) mistakes with offensive coordinator hiring. Some doozies.

For UT its really a question of experienced talent. You have and are recruiting talented players, they just need some games under their belt and some size on O-line.

Honestly, big picture wise, right now I'd rather be in your shoes than UF's. That could change if Florida can get back on some lists for throwing QBs and some tall and athletic receivers. But right now the trend is positive for UT and Florida is simply sputtering.

Yep. I hate to agree with this.

With the exception of number 3, much of that is currently being argued in the FF and could apply to us. The difference is Muschamp took those same challenges and came into Neyland and won. Our fanbase looks absolutely stupid saying they want an extension for him. Until proven otherwise he is going to beat us.

Why do we want him around, other than watching it irritate Gator fans, and even then, we can't say that because he owns us?

Yep. I hate to agree with this.

With the exception of number 3, much of that is currently being argued in the FF and could apply to us. The difference is Muschamp took those same challenges and came into Neyland and won. Our fanbase looks absolutely stupid saying they want an extension for him. Until proven otherwise he is going to beat us.

Why do we want him around, other than watching it irritate Gator fans, and even then, we can't say that because he owns us?

Well, isn't irritating Gator fans enough right now, LOL?

Reactions: 2 people
I just wish I could give you guys a hard time about it without you saying "4-0, stfu".....lol.

LG is a nice enough guy, I bet all we have to do is ask.

LG...when we give you or UF some crap, please don't come back with anything resembling "4-0, stfu", okay?

Also, don't mention anything about 10 straight either, okay?

This is willful ignorance to what I'm saying.

Muschamp is 4-0 against UT, 2-0 against CBJ. Nothing you say or misconstrue on my part is going to change that. He just came into Neyland with arguably the worst team he has ever had and stole a victory.

When he gets fired, it will be because UF doesn't tolerate mediocrity and find solace in the excuse game. It won't be because he couldn't beat UT. That is where our fanbase is being ridiculous. The lets hope he gets an extension crowd is failing to recognize that there is absolutely nothing based on actual game field performance that he will ever lose to UT. It is based on conjecture and hope that we will be better "next year". The facts say otherwise. He beats UT. Period.

Call me a negavol or whatever you if it makes you feel better. The facts are clear.

I really could care less what his record was against Dooley. Anyone with half a brain beat him. He's 2-0 against Jones. That's all I care about. And as lawgator stated, UT is trending up, Fla is trending down. Again, I hope he sticks around long enough for us to even the score, but sadly he won't.

Let me ask you this. Would you rather UT face a Muschamp led squad knowing what talent Jones is pulling next year and years to come or someone who is going to be his replacement and be better? Hell, that's a no brainer to me.

If they get another Spurrier or Meyer, it won't matter. They have such a recruiting advantage it has been hard to beat them even when we were good. You're acting like we've beat them on a regular basis. We've only beaten them 6 times since 1990. Even in our hey days in the 90's, we only beat them 3 times when we were loaded with NFL talent.

The fact is, we are still rebuilding and they are sputtering, but they still have enough talent and enough reserve talent to beat a lot of teams and that is why they beat UT not because of Muschamp. I like our chances in the years to come if he's still there rather than someone else who will re-energize the fan base and be much better.

I really could care less what his record was against Dooley. Anyone with half a brain beat him. He's 2-0 against Jones. That's all I care about. And as lawgator stated, UT is trending up, Fla is trending down. Again, I hope he sticks around long enough for us to even the score, but sadly he won't.

Let me ask you this. Would you rather UT face a Muschamp led squad knowing what talent Jones is pulling next year and years to come or someone who is going to be his replacement and be better? Hell, that's a no brainer to me.

If they get another Spurrier or Meyer, it won't matter. They have such a recruiting advantage it has been hard to beat them even when we were good. You're acting like we've beat them on a regular basis. We've only beaten them 6 times since 1990. Even in our hey days in the 90's, we only beat them 3 times when we were loaded with NFL talent.

The fact is, we are still rebuilding and they are sputtering, but they still have enough talent and enough reserve talent to beat a lot of teams and that is why they beat UT not because of Muschamp. I like our chances in the years to come if he's still there rather than someone else who will re-energize the fan base and be much better.

If you want to believe we have a better chance against Muschamp than we would any other coach, then ok. He's currently batting 1.000 against us. You are basing your opinion on what you think will happen in the future.

I'm basing mine on what has actually happened. Your post can be copy/pasted for the 2012, 2013, and now 2014 seasons. Every year is the year. Every year there is next year. Every year UF is trending down and we are trending up (post Fulmer years anyway).

....and every year, they beat us. Think about what kind of coach Muschamp is. Think about what type of team he brought to Neyland. Think about the two score lead we had going into the 4th.

We need to come to the realization that there is absolutely no reason, whatsoever, to believe we will beat UF until it actually happens. Muschamp getting an extension doesn't change that.

LG is a nice enough guy, I bet all we have to do is ask.

LG...when we give you or UF some crap, please don't come back with anything resembling "4-0, stfu", okay?

Also, don't mention anything about 10 straight either, okay?

You betcha

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back