So to confirm no Cade Mays?

Still trying to figure out how's he's ineligible for a season that doesn't count toward eligibility.
Which brings up the idea is that if he's ineligible for a season that is essential non-existent, he might be the first person the NCAA makes sit out next season because he hasn't officially sat out a complete season of potential eligibility. It will never end. On a different note, I wonder if Brandon Kennedy will be the first player to ever play at the same time on the same collegiate offensive line as his own son around 2035 or so.

Which brings up the idea is that if he's ineligible for a season that is essential non-existent, he might be the first person the NCAA makes sit out next season because he hasn't officially sat out a complete season of potential eligibility. It will never end. On a different note, I wonder if Brandon Kennedy will be the first player to ever play at the same time on the same collegiate offensive line as his own son around 2035 or so.
Think he would be cleared next year easily, he might have this year had UT not dragged their feet. A lot think if he’s not able to play, he jumps early. I don’t, defeats the only reason he came back, to play with his brother.

Think he would be cleared next year easily, he might have this year had UT not dragged their feet. A lot think if he’s not able to play, he jumps early. I don’t, defeats the only reason he came back, to play with his brother.

Uhmm, that's far from the only reason he came back. If he grades reasonably well, he will enter the 2021 draft whether he plays this season or not.

Uhmm, that's far from the only reason he came back. If he grades reasonably well, he will enter the 2021 draft whether he plays this season or not.
WalterFootball has him 2-4 rounder, he might can play himself into the 1st rd. He will probably be a Guard in the NFL so that might be hard to reach if they draft him as a Guard.

It's called reconsideration, and it is not an appeal. Separate process. He apparently provided new information also.
I saw where the attorney said it was a Reconsideration as well. I was curious if it was just his choice of words, but that seemed too coincidental since, like you said, that's a whole separate process.

Though it also relies on ncaa staff, unlike an appeal. Hope they get to work on it.

Last edited:
Rare to see a player other than grad transfers go from one SEC team to another without sitting out a complete year. It has happened but a good reason was cited. We can only hope that Cade has reason enough. I doubt they let Gatewood play for UK this year.
The only ones I'm aware of were the Ole Miss players from when they were on probation and that is an official exception. Without an official exception, I don't believe it's been done before, at least that I can find.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
What's a year at UT cost, 30k or so all in? Somebody needs to just pony up. The kid will be a millionaire many times over a year from now when he gets drafted. Then he can just flip the bird to the NCAA fools as he walks on.
It doesn't work like that. It is a one year residency rule, regardless.

It has nothing to do with eligibility. All he has to do is sit 2 full semesters, then he can play. He could even play in a January bowl game, since he arrived in January/Spring, like some players have done in the past.

Looking unlikely Cade will get waiver this year. However, if he comes back next year and we play the Dawgs in Knoxville that will be a fitting Victory to end his career as a VOL!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I just don't see it .He needs atleast a full year starting.

Uhm, he started 18 games in two seasons at UGA, and there were draft analysts who graded him a first rounder after last season. First round would shock me if he doesn't play this season, but he'll go high enough coming out will probably be advisable.

Reactions: Devo182
LOL, Cade will start in 2025.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
At this point maybe we should try making a deal with UGA. We won’t play him until week 4 if they agree to sign off on the transfer with the NCAA. UGA doesn’t want to strengthen a competitor but this way we can potentially knock off UF who UGA should be way more worried about.

Florida just got an NCAA waiver for 5 star Penn State transfer Justin Shorter, their second waiver this calendar year. Wonder if this is good news for Cade or if Volnation will soon be picking up their pitchforks?

Justin Shorter NCAA waiver approved
I just saw this. Does it really matter if Cade transferred within the conference?

Reactions: Volanta
I just saw this. Does it really matter if Cade transferred within the conference?
Hugely. A case like his has NEVER gotten a waiver before. People don't seem to grasp we are trying to do something UNPRECEDENTED.

VN Store

Back