So to confirm no Cade Mays?

He didn't start at GA. I am no pro but I think he needs a really great year or 2 years of starting. I think Cade can do 4 years of college so he will learn more from it and he isn't hurting for money. Like how Manning could have left as a junior but as a senior he did better. That's not a fair comparison but yes I think Cade needs two years.
I could be totally wrong on this as I dont follow anything with the NFL but I thought I saw one projection of Cade going possibly in the first round in a mock draft after this year. Again I could be completely wrong.

If the NCAA has furloughed their entire staff then who is going to rule on an appeal?

I am thinking Cade never gets to play a down at UT and goes pro in the Spring. But I would not be disappointed since he chose not to sign with UT when he had the chance. This situation is mostly of his own making and acting out of immature emotion at the time.

He didn't start at GA. I am no pro but I think he needs a really great year or 2 years of starting. I think Cade can do 4 years of college so he will learn more from it and he isn't hurting for money. Like how Manning could have left as a junior but as a senior he did better. That's not a fair comparison but yes I think Cade needs two years.

He started 18 games while at UGA. He probably has enough film already to get drafted plus whatever he does at the combine (assuming there will be one). It would definitely helped his draft stock by playing another season and having a great year, but if he is not cleared he has done enough to get drafted IMO. If I had to guess he is probably in the 3rd - 5th round range as of today.

He started 18 games while at UGA. He probably has enough film already to get drafted plus whatever he does at the combine (assuming there will be one). It would definitely helped his draft stock by playing another season and having a great year, but if he is not cleared he has done enough to get drafted IMO. If I had to guess he is probably in the 4th - 5th round range.
What I am saying is the family has money he can afford to wait a year or play 2 years he will make more money. He is only going to get better.

What I am saying is the family has money he can afford to wait a year or play 2 years he will make more money. He is only going to get better.

Agreed. Hopefully he is cleared and it doesn't matter. One thing that may help us if he is not cleared is that he may want to play with his little brother who would have an opportunity next year to start at center *** (assuming Kennedy doesn't return for his 12th year of elgibility).

Agreed. Hopefully he is cleared and it doesn't matter. One thing that may help us if he is not cleared is that he may want to play with his little brother who would have an opportunity next year to start at center *** (assuming Kennedy doesn't return for his 12th year of elgibility).
Kennedy is only on his 9th year. You must be thinking about JG.

I wonder if Kennedy played all year he could come back? With the schedule he will go pro and Trey Smith then we have 2 Mays to fill in Boon.

Reactions: BigO95
If the NCAA has furloughed their entire staff then who is going to rule on an appeal?

I am thinking Cade never gets to play a down at UT and goes pro in the Spring. But I would not be disappointed since he chose not to sign with UT when he had the chance. This situation is mostly of his own making and acting out of immature emotion at the time.

I think the emotion amd immaturity is more on your part and others like you that got all butt hurt because he chose GA over TN. With his position coach leaving there and what happened to his dad that stuff just happened and wasn't anything to do with him making it. You can't get mad at 18 year old high school athlete making a life decision that you, a complete stranger to him only interested in UT football, disagree with.

Isn't the mail department at the NCAA on furlough?
EVERYONE at the NCAA on furlough. Why are they just Now filing the appeal? Has the NCAA ever turned any appeal over in two weeks? Wait late to file the original appeal and then throw this in with two weeks? If it was mail, it will take a 7-10 days to get there, seriously.

I kinda understand the first appeal as they were waiting if NCAA voted to grant one time waiver but then on the other hand, file it and if they pass the rule, you are guaranteed. NCAA furloughed 3-9 weeks depending on duties, I’m sure it’s scattered/stacked but doubt they will spend much time on waivers, pretty much just keeping the lights on.

Still trying to figure out how's he's ineligible for a season that doesn't count toward eligibility.

Because you still have to fulfill the eligibility requirements, you just don't lose the year of eligability.

Mays currently is not eligible because of his transfer, and his request for a waiver of the requirement to sit a year, was denied.

Reactions: Devo182
What's a year at UT cost, 30k or so all in? Somebody needs to just pony up. The kid will be a millionaire many times over a year from now when he gets drafted. Then he can just flip the bird to the NCAA fools as he walks on.

I think the emotion amd immaturity is more on your part and others like you that got all butt hurt because he chose GA over TN. With his position coach leaving there and what happened to his dad that stuff just happened and wasn't anything to do with him making it. You can't get mad at 18 year old high school athlete making a life decision that you, a complete stranger to him only interested in UT football, disagree with.
I am not mad at all. Just pointing out how an emotional decision by an 18 year old may have come back to bite him. I can care less if he plays at UT or not. He is the one wanting to play with his brother.

What's a year at UT cost, 30k or so all in? Somebody needs to just pony up. The kid will be a millionaire many times over a year from now when he gets drafted. Then he can just flip the bird to the NCAA fools as he walks on.
Give 'em the finger like his Dad did Georgia. Well, maybe, figuratively and not literally. By the way, is there a severed digit in an evidence locker somewhere? Asking for a friend.

VN Store

Back