So to confirm no Cade Mays?

I would assume he has a lot of ground to stand on. I expect it to be overturned. When lawyers get involved a lot happens that normally wouldn’t. Just because they go off of previous “case studies” which is probably a good thing they waited so long because they have more cases to site now. But agreed if anyone with real information knows something let us know!
Rare to see a player other than grad transfers go from one SEC team to another without sitting out a complete year. It has happened but a good reason was cited. We can only hope that Cade has reason enough. I doubt they let Gatewood play for UK this year.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Most the time you sit out when you transfer in conference. If I was him I wouldn't care he can play with his brother next 2 years.

Rare to see a player other than grad transfers go from one SEC team to another without sitting out a complete year. It has happened but a good reason was cited. We can only hope that Cade has reason enough. I doubt they let Gatewood play for UK this year.
I think Gatewood will argue that a year of eligibility isn’t being taken away so why does it matter if he plays.... they are basically hurting his career for no reason. Just my opinion and the route I would go.

I highly doubt he plays a down at this point. But, that could change given the odd circumstances of this year's season. Seeing as players will retain a year of eligibility regardless of this season, they could decide that it's not worth denying the appeal. I'm skeptical that will happen, though.

Most the time you sit out when you transfer in conference. If I was him I wouldn't care he can play with his brother next 2 years.

so you don’t think he will go pro after this year?

so you don’t think he will go pro after this year?
He didn't start at GA. I am no pro but I think he needs a really great year or 2 years of starting. I think Cade can do 4 years of college so he will learn more from it and he isn't hurting for money. Like how Manning could have left as a junior but as a senior he did better. That's not a fair comparison but yes I think Cade needs two years.

Last edited:
And the very same was said from the beginning, yet the NCAA said no, so ........
Well the beginning was a lot later than we thought and Kirby is being a clown, so we’ll see what happens. In the end I think he gets approved.

So excited for the Georgia game. Man I hope this kid can play and is in shape by then

This year does not count against any players eligibility ........right ? ........ain’t no skin off anybody’s hide. Let’s hope they do what’s right

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I remember seeing someone post on here that Austin Price of VQ thought he'd get cleared.

Reactions: Volanta
They will probably wait until game week to make a decision on the appeal. No inside info. Just seems like that’s how it happens with the NCAA.

VN Store

Back