So to confirm no Cade Mays?

Volanta

So last I saw on the good ole Volnation, was Cade applied rather late for eligibility (no one knows why) and was denied. I saw some suggesting maybe he'll pay out of pocket but that was wishful thinking at best. I don't think Jeremy Pruitt will simply let this go, but rather will push the envelope. Having Mayes and talent such as Darnell Wright, Wanya Morris, sixth-year senior Brandon Kennedy and Trey Smith will literally have me watching the O-line and the O-line period during a game. That's generational talent we haven't seen in a while for our beloved Vols, at that position.

Anyone got any new news? Will Pruitt let it go and walk away or do we have precedence on how coaches fight the vaunted NCAA?

So last I saw on the good ole Volnation, was Cade applied rather late for eligibility (no one knows why) and was denied. I saw some suggesting maybe he'll pay out of pocket but that was wishful thinking at best. I don't think Jeremy Pruitt will simply let this go, but rather will push the envelope. Having Mayes and talent such as Darnell Wright, Wanya Morris, sixth-year senior Brandon Kennedy and Trey Smith will literally have me watching the O-line and the O-line period during a game. That's generational talent we haven't seen in a while for our beloved Vols, at that position.

Anyone got any new news? Will Pruitt let it go and walk away or do we have precedence on how coaches fight the vaunted NCAA?

...he hired an attorney and is currently appealing the decision.

...he hired an attorney and is currently appealing the decision.

Yeah literally yesterday his lawyer filed the appeal to the NCAAs decision.

Thanks for asking and thanks for the replies. If anyone with real information hears something let us know please

I would assume he has a lot of ground to stand on. I expect it to be overturned. When lawyers get involved a lot happens that normally wouldn’t. Just because they go off of previous “case studies” which is probably a good thing they waited so long because they have more cases to site now. But agreed if anyone with real information knows something let us know!

No timeframe. The only timeframe was we had 30 days to appeal, which we clearly did. With Uros it seemed to take a month or 2.

I doubt anyone will know a single thing until we receive the determination. It's not like the Committee will leak info before then. All we can do is wait...but be assured Phil is staying on top of them constantly like he has in the past.

If he played for UGA he would have been cleared months ago...
Don't see why, no one has ever gotten one like his before. Tom Mars said we had a top notch compliance dept. We'll do as well as anyone can, but his type of case being approved is unprecedented.

VN Store

Back