So That's What That Feels Like

DyronNix

After watching Gonzaga light us up last night from beyond the three-point line at the most inopportune moments (for us, at least), I now think I know what it must've felt like for all of UT's opponents during the Lofton/Smith era. Talk about "letting it rain," that was very frustrating to watch. The Zags could not miss all night.

Even though they were draining the 3's, I felt if we could have kept our cool down the stretch that we could've won the game. Last night showed that we are still a very young team. Overall I think this is a good tournament for UT despite the loss in the final.

TB Arena will be rocking on Jan 7!

I was impressed with Gonzaga's Bouldin (spelling). Everytime that kid got a chance, except from the line, he kept nailing the stake into the vols deeper.

I believe the game was lost right before halftime.

Overall, the Zags are a good team in a weak conference. Look for revenge when the dogs come to TBA in January!

I think we will be in store for a couple more games like this early on. Particulary on the road in the sec.
What I love about Pearls system is also what I sometimes hate. They needed solid possesions last night down the stretch and instead they chose to take bad shots and turn it over.
I am glad they got that expierence. That backcourt was tenacious and will be good tape for them to learn from all the defensive end.

Anytime a team hits 10-18 3's it is going to make for a long night for the other team. Making that number of 3's is not common. I doubt that they can manage to do that the entire year. I still believe that if we would have played well we still could have beaten them. We need to grow from this game and get better we have got a great team, just keep getting better guys.

Gonzaga was just better than us the other night. They were draining 3'd and we couldn't hit a layup with 3 chances.
I think we get even at TBA.

Gonzaga was just better than us the other night. They were draining 3'd and we couldn't hit a layup with 3 chances.
I think we get even at TBA.

They ended up 11-20, largely due to the fact that our perimeter D is in need of serious work. That, and some well orchestrated plays by the Zags on the dish outs. I expect our perimeter D to be vastly improved by Jan. 7.

VN Store

Back