So Fulmer will be paid through 2023

This is the most stunning thing of all. Our program right now is unquestionably the lowest it’s been in our lifetimes. Unquestionably. And fulmer way responsible for it. He back doored his way in the ad office amd choose Pruitt. He also choose to extend him when it was totally unnecessary. Watching Randy Boyd fawn over fulmer and praise him was so weird. I guess Boyd was thinking of it as a pr move knowing fulmer has a segment of the fan base that still supports him? That’s the only reason I could think of. But man this program is in the gutter. And it’s all a result of fulmer weeseling his way back in the building.

DFu7j1d1AQbaE.gif

It has come out that AD Fulmer is going to be paid 50% of his salary through 2023. If you object to this please send him an e-mail objecting to athleticdirector@utk.edu - This is a poor decision by Fulmer to accept this pay and he is going to loose support from a huge number of UT fans and supporters.

If they are going to pay him like they fired him then he should be humiliated by being actually fired, not getting to save face by retiring.

Reactions: dlravol2
I would be a VFL too for the amount of money ole Phil has milked from his oh so wonderful university. Has this ever happened before? A coach get paid multi-million severance by the same school twice? I’m pulling his VFL card after these shenanigans. They should have scorched him in the presser to make him earn that free cash.

Reactions: murfvol1
It has come out that AD Fulmer is going to be paid 50% of his salary through 2023. If you object to this please send him an e-mail objecting to athleticdirector@utk.edu - This is a poor decision by Fulmer to accept this pay and he is going to loose support from a huge number of UT fans and supporters.
He won't get the email hoss....

If they are going to pay him like they fired him then he should be humiliated by being actually fired, not getting to save face by retiring.

The retirement seems like a PR cover story. Who gets paid half salary for three years at retirement? He was fired.

Reactions: Alto1
**I have been an ardent Philip Fulmer supporter until I read this "crap" of him being paid 50% of his salary through 2023. Why???? He chose to resign and deserves his pay to stop when a new AD is hired. Look up the e-mail addresses of UT Chancellor and complain. This has to be stopped.

He didn't 'resign'. He was forced out to make a clean start with the NCAA. Paying Phil to leave now is a win/win so TN can let a new AD make the next hire....

It just came out that Fulmer is getting his buyout, of 50% of his salary through 2023. That begs the question, why on earth would an AD have a buyout. It's not like someone was going to try and steal away Fulmer? I thought he resigned? Since when do you get a buyout when you quit your job?

I was actually giving Fulmer credit for resigning and not costing UT any more buyout money, and then I read this on TOS!

Sounds like Main Stream Media propaganda

It just came out that Fulmer is getting his buyout, of 50% of his salary through 2023. That begs the question, why on earth would an AD have a buyout. It's not like someone was going to try and steal away Fulmer? I thought he resigned? Since when do you get a buyout when you quit your job?

I was actually giving Fulmer credit for resigning and not costing UT any more buyout money, and then I read this on TOS!

Sick....

If you’ve ever been in a bathroom stall and suddenly the door flys open as your pants are around your ankles......and there’s that awkward pause that feels like an eternity until the 2-3 people staring at you realize it’s a mistake and say “oh my bad”

Yeah this is a lot like that
XI6jaHz1YVxnMZLDBp.gif

Fulmer has been robbing Tennessee since 2008

Interesting that NOT A SINGLE college or HIGH SCHOOL tried to hire Fulmer when he "stepped down" from coaching.... that should have been enough of an instruction to the powers that be that they didn't need to include any kind of after-employment compensation to the guy.

Agreed. I have defended him although I was in agreement it was a time for a change in 2008. Supposedly retiring. BS. With the mess that’s there now which some is his fault not all, this pisses me off.

Reactions: Alto1
This negotiated settlement pretty much proves Fulmer was "fired" and didn't retire/resign..
This is 100% right. This is why Pruitt will sue and get at least half his buyout. They don’t want him to speak about who actually knew at the school to save his ass.

He didn’t have a choice.

This is his buyout for being fired.

They allowed him a chance to try to save face. 40 years to UT, I agree with it, allows him a chance to say goodbye.

As if the 6 mill dollars he took from the Tennessee previously wasn't enough..... What a complete and total load of garbage. Fulmer the "AD" who hired a guy who apparently has racked up several level 1 violations and the administration is going to pay Fulmer what amounts to a buy-out. Fulmer should be fired right along with Pruitt, which now begs the question of why would Fulmer get a buyout, but not Pruitt. After all, Fulmer hired Pruitt, and Fulmer is responsible for the football program.

UT hasn't changed at all. It is still the same ass-backward administration that it has been for the last decade. We are likely doomed especially if they drop the interim tag on Steele. Screw Fulmer and screw Pruitt.

Reactions: 0059862 and Kramebo

Fulmer can be fired for cause if either he participated, knew of, or should have known the rules violations. The "should have known" is more subjective and is based on standard of the "diligence of a prudent athletic director."

Here is the double edged sword: If we fire him for cause, we are essentially admiting to the NCAA a lack of institutional control. That is not where we want to be with this investigation. If we can pin these infractions on a rogue staff and that we've terminated those responsible, our penalties will be far less severe than if they do that plus punish us for lack of control. We want Fulmer "on our side" when this gets further down the NCAA path and we don't want him bitter for litigating a buyout in court.

I know it stinks paying this buyout but I see the logic behind the settlement.

VN Store

Back