So, about that OC position.... (Merged)

I’ve kept a tally of those rumored to be UT’s next OC and so far the only names not mentioned are Nick Saban and the late Pat Summit. Any others?
I hear Trump is in the mix. We will have the best most awesome offense ever. And he's orange.

Reactions: Sstterry
So who is the OC? Natty is over. Are we waiting for the Super Bowl to end, too?

In know way am I saying he's accurate, just putting this tweet out there so everyone can see it who don't use twitter.

**edit** Sorry for the duplication, mrmax, we must have been posting at the same time.

Maybe Coach Will Friend can be promoted to OC and we get a good O-Line coach in to replace him.
Thoughts?

Is your memory so short that you've forgotten what happens when you recruit talent, but don't have the coaching staff to develop that talent? It's the primary reason that Butch is still an analyst, with no coaching prospects.

Actually Butch is the new TE Coach at Maryland I am pretty sure, but I get your point!

Making chicken salad out of chicken scat should be a prerequisite as in a track record of getting more player development even when working with less talent. Not every situation will be ideal. It's what you do with that reality that counts.

Friend by default. We are swinging and missing all over the place. There's almost no interest in this OC job.

In know way am I saying he's accurate, just putting this tweet out there so everyone can see it who don't use twitter.

**edit** Sorry for the duplication, mrmax, we must have been posting at the same time.

It's like the 5th or 6th guy he has reported on. He doesn't have any better sources on the hire than you or I have.

It's like the 5th or 6th guy he has reported on. He doesn't have any better sources on the hire than you or I have.

Or maybe we are that far down the list now? I am pretty optimistic generally, but this search on top of the HC blunder last year has me in my feels I guess. I am not saying Pruitt is the issue either. It sure feels that he is handcuffed on what he really wants to do. Which is what Dooley and CBJ both hinted while they were here. I am not taking up for either of them either. I think they were both buffoons. Although you can only work with what your management are willing to give. I think that has been a big issue at UT is the lack of control the BOT are willing to give athletics.

I would like to make a motion that we contact General Mattis (former 4 star General USMC and Secretary of State) in regards to the OC position. He sees to know how to mount an offensive. Anyone to second that?

Pretty sure Trump is announcing our OC hire during his Border Wall telecast tonight....

Maybe Coach Will Friend can be promoted to OC and we get a good O-Line coach in to replace him.
Thoughts?
I think that's who it's been the whole time. They just know the fans will not be happy, and are waiting. Not one other name that's been said is nothing more than guessing by talking heads, nobody has a reliable source. We fans take their word as gospel, then blame UT when it doesn't happen because we fell for it.

Or maybe we are that far down the list now? I am pretty optimistic generally, but this search on top of the HC blunder last year has me in my feels I guess. I am not saying Pruitt is the issue either. It sure feels that he is handcuffed on what he really wants to do. Which is what Dooley and CBJ both hinted while they were here. I am not taking up for either of them either. I think they were both buffoons. Although you can only work with what your management are willing to give. I think that has been a big issue at UT is the lack of control the BOT are willing to give athletics.
That's all in your mind. This search looks bad to overzealous fans because donkey reporters keep throwing stuff against the wall hoping it sticks, and everytime they do so they work this part of the fanbase into a frenzy. For all we know Pruitt had his guy months ago. I don't believe any of these guys and I also don't believe waiting this long has hurt us one bit. Fans getting in their feels over the hiring of an assistant coach is ridiculous I feel. Go back and look what overzealous Clemson fans said would happen when Dabo got hired, tell me what was said when Clemson hired their 2 unknown Co-OCs, hell tell me the names of the Clemson OCs if you can. Bottom line is that the fans opinion of the hiring of an OC mean nothing to the program and why should they? Results are all that matters and my guess is that Pruitt will hire who he thinks will help the program be successful.

Reactions: utkevdawg1
I think that's who it's been the whole time. They just know the fans will not be happy, and are waiting. We fans take their word as gospel, then blame UT when it doesn't happen because we fell for it.

Waiting for what?

VN Store

Back