So, about that OC position.... (Merged)

There used to be a coaching convention in January when most of the hires and transfers took place. Do not know if this is still the case or not, but I believe that is when a decision will be made. I think they probably got turned down on all their first round candidates and decided to pause to see who is available in January. Only thing that makes sense.

Not sure about Sark but after what happened with UT and Schiano I am sure that ESPN with do several hit pieces on Sark if he comes to UT. Same thing would have happened with Freeze, Cooter, or Briles. It will not be about giving someone a second chance, but what a vile program we have.
Giving an apparently recovered alcoholic ANOTHER opportunity after Nick Saban and the Falcons preceded us? Not the sanctimonious wall that even ESPN would drape itself over.

Reactions: MustafaRasta
Negavol heads are going to explode when it's not Friend. They legit want him deep down so they can go all LoTM on us.

Lol. This is so stupid its almost not worth responding to. But I will. I wiuld be willing to bet that nobody who says its Friend, wants it to be him. FTR, I have said its Friend all alng and I still believe it will be him. Do I want him? Hell no. I want a big time OC. Not an OL coach who has had some success at Colorado State. Those of us who keep saying its Froend are doing so because we are just so used to coaching searches being screwed up at TN that we have come to just expect it. But whatever.

Reactions: volfannbama
Lol. This is so stupid its almost not worth responding to. But I will. I wiuld be willing to bet that nobody who says its Friend, wants it to be him. FTR, I have said its Friend all alng and I still believe it will be him. Do I want him? Hell no. I want a big time OC. Not an OL coach who has had some success at Colorado State. Those of us who keep saying its Froend are doing so because we are just so used to coaching searches being screwed up at TN that we have come to just expect it. But whatever.
That’s called speaking for YOURSELF. The rest of them shoehorning his name in every post elect you as spokesman?

That’s called speaking for YOURSELF. The rest of them shoehorning his name in every post elect you as spokesman?

Nope. But what proof is there that those who are saying its Friend, just want it to be him so that they can just say lol told ya so?

- LoTM Spokesman

Like people that are over the top homophobic are usually closet gay, you really want Friend deep down. The LoTM are gay for Friend. "Not that there's anything wrong with that".

So you’re not ruling it out? Maybe one...two...174 of them? No one on here is reliant on PROOF to post sumthin. ‘mon now! 😎

No I am not ruling it out. But to make a blanket statement that all negavols will react the same way is beyond stupid.

Naw he was offered and turned it down.

Source? Never read of any official offers. We did hear talks went well, then DEAD SILENCE. Eerily quiet. I followed the fsu hire and it mirrored it. Maybe just being hopeful, but it seems more than coincidental.

Reactions: VolNExile
One thing mods I trust have all said is it will not be Friend. "won't be an internal hire", "Friend doesn't want the job anyway", he would have been OC last year if he ever wanted the job, lastly it would have already been announced if him.

JP should just promote himself king of UT and run his daggum wing offense. Would take teams at least 2 months to figure out wtf it is since nobody seen it in 40 years.

Lucky for us OCs don't matter. King Pruitt loves Jimmies and Joes, not Xs and Os.

Just guessing.
If NFL coach:
Kitchens
Sark
Cooter

If college Bowl coach:
Mike Yurcich
Jim Chaney
Bryan McClendon
Chip Long
Andy Ludwig
Zac Roper
Derek Dooley 😀

I personally think it's Kitchens and has been for a while now.

Just guessing.
If NFL coach:
Kitchens
Sark
Cooter

If college Bowl coach:
Mike Yurcich
Jim Chaney
Bryan McClendon
Chip Long
Andy Ludwig
Zac Roper
Derek Dooley 😀

I still think internal hire, and didnt want to announce until after national signing day, afraid it would spook some recruits.hope I am wrong and this is just a guess.

Just guessing.
If NFL coach:
Kitchens
Sark
Cooter

If college Bowl coach:
Mike Yurcich
Jim Chaney
Bryan McClendon
Chip Long
Andy Ludwig
Zac Roper
Derek Dooley 😀

Think he'd hire someone with 1 year of playcalling experience? Hoping Helton was a lesson learned.

Kitchens and Jim Bob Cooter have no incentive to drop down to NCAA football. So if we are going the NFL route, it will probably be Sark. I don't know how well his offense would fare in the SEC though.

Could be this guy.
Has a title.
Might be tough to get him to go down to the college level but it's worth a shot.

VN Store

Back