So, about that OC position.... (Merged)

When you say "resigned" do you mean quit? If so, is that what you want in a coach?

As for the narrative, I didnt mean from pruitt, I mean from the fanbase.

By saying 'resigned' , I just mean resigned to the fact , or accepting the fact , that he has thrown all of the drills and technique at the team that he could and that it is going to take time and recruiting. I get your meaning on the narrative and misunderstood you.

I feel like ( my opinion ) that he is going to build a quality football program . I base that on the incremental improvements on the field and the small successes. I could not judge any coach with what they do with a 4 win team facing the hardest schedule in the country and a busted recruiting cycle after the coach search failure. It is rare for any 4 win team to improve beyond 1-2 games in one season. I see the pro style offense and 34 defense as a huge transition that probably held the team back somewhat . That all being said ...I see him as a quality coach at this point ( 7 or 8 wins maybe ) but cant say he is the next General Neyland or a Bama buster . We'll just have to see ….but those are few and far between. I liked the balance and detail in recruiting . Outside of the stars , these players are bigger , which seems to be the defining factor of top SEC schools. Its good to see that he gits that .

Next season will tell us a lot with a full year of work , a real recruiting class , and a slightly dumbed down schedule.

i can tell you for certain, a guy who was showing up to practice trashed does not just put it all behind him, even tho 3 years ago. he'll be battling that issue the rest of his life. i just can't see a college hiring him for anything long term. also, he's never really been anywhere long enough to truly establish a record of developing talent. i really don't see where the sark hype comes from.
I can tell you for certain.......it can be put behind you. If you do what you are supposed to do, it’s not a battle.

By saying 'resigned' , I just mean resigned to the fact , or accepting the fact , that he has thrown all of the drills and technique at the team that he could and that it is going to take time and recruiting. I get your meaning on the narrative and misunderstood you.

I feel like ( my opinion ) that he is going to build a quality football program . I base that on the incremental improvements on the field and the small successes. I could not judge any coach with what they do with a 4 win team facing the hardest schedule in the country and a busted recruiting cycle after the coach search failure. It is rare for any 4 win team to improve beyond 1-2 games in one season. I see the pro style offense and 34 defense as a huge transition that probably held the team back somewhat . That all being said ...I see him as a quality coach at this point ( 7 or 8 wins maybe ) but cant say he is the next General Neyland or a Bama buster . We'll just have to see ….but those are few and far between. I liked the balance and detail in recruiting . Outside of the stars , these players are bigger , which seems to be the defining factor of top SEC schools. Its good to see that he gits that .

Next season will tell us a lot with a full year of work , a real recruiting class , and a slightly dumbed down schedule.
I may not be sold on every aspect but you get a like for such a reasonable and well thought out post.

You should probably expect another dumb downed one-liner or twisting of your words in response.

I know we all want to look at Pruitt and sayimage.gifbut Take your time and make a good hire. With Pruitt being a defensive guy he really needs to get this right.

Reactions: Shiley808
Unlikely scenerio # 1: but maybe new OC is still coaching in NFL or is coaching at Bama, UGA, ND or Oklahomo

Likely scenerio # 2: FRIEND how many of us have them? FRIEND. Ones we can depend on. Is our newly promoted OC

I say he stalls until after Feb signing period. Then makes announcement

Unlikely scenerio # 1: but maybe new OC is still coaching in NFL or is coaching at Bama, UGA, ND or Oklahomo

Likely scenerio # 2: FRIEND how many of us have them? FRIEND. Ones we can depend on. Is our newly promoted OC

Huh.......now that hasn’t been mentioned yet. Now I’m really confused.🤬

Total sarcasm ......btw

Last edited:

Pretty sure he's not selling these recruits on Friend. He would have hired Lindsey if all he had in his pocket was Friend. It is widely rumors that CWF wants to stay OL only. This is the biggest issue...to paraphrase Bill Parcells, CJP wants the new OC to cook the dinner, but he won't let him pick out the groceried (i.e. assistants). For this reason and the Bama connection, Sark seems to connect all the dots. However, when that is the case, it usually ends up being someone out of left field. So if I had to bet on whether it would be any of the names we have heard so far, or the field, I would take the field.

Torture...

Sark fits.
Not worried about the drinking. Pruitt knows the guy and what he has been doing. His has cleaned it up or he hasn’t. Also he lost it while under the stress of an HC job at USC. Probably got it under control now.

Didn’t go well for him at Atlanta, but everyone has a down year here and there. It could be he was just learning what doesn’t work in the NFL.

The real question is why did sark move on from Alabama. Did Nick tell him to go, or did he just decide he didn’t wanna work for Nick.

My top choice is Chaney but I’ll take sark.

Guess Briles manage to swing that package deal of Clements. After all the hires are made, I’d like to see how many coordinators required that caveat. It’s not a common thing imo, but the running narrative is that Pruitt is being unreasonable IF that was ever a factual stumbling block...instead of message board fiction.

Guess Briles manage to swing that package deal of Clements. After all the hires are made, I’d like to see how many coordinators required that caveat. It’s not a common thing imo, but the running narrative is that Pruitt is being unreasonable IF that was ever a factual stumbling block...instead of message board fiction.
Agree......I’m thinking Slick Willie is just that desperate. He was probably willing to bring the entire UH staff.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back