Smyrna High School 5A defending state champs.

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Sonny Gray is back as QB.For those that don't know anything about him, his dad was killed in a car wreck when he was a freshman.His dad pitched at Austin Peay.Sonny will go to Vandy on a scholarship.The Vandy baseball coach would go to his football games and watch him play. Rod Wilkes, Tennesse recruit,MVP of last years state championship game, will be back.He is Marsalous Johnson's brother.I have seen him sitting in the end zone section at UT games, where they run out through the T. I think the lower part is designated for Vol family members.I have heard Smyrna will drop down to 4A next year possibly and hopefully we will see another Maryville/Smyrna matchup one day.Smyrna beat them up their about 8 years ago, the last time they played.Good luck to Smyrna,Maryville High School and Alcoa.My three favorite teams.

Got lucky they even got to that state championship game last year - Ooltewah gave them the game on a silver platter like we did with Bama in 2005 and LSU with Florida this past year. Just a spectators view on that game though. :birgits_giggle:

I have heard Smyrna will drop down to 4A next year possibly and hopefully we will see another Maryville/Smyrna matchup one day.

Maryville will certainly go to 5A soon. They have more students now than many 5A schools, as is, and they are having to expand the school to keep up.

Another option thrown out there is building another school in Maryville, but I don't see that happening.

I don't know where you heard they will drop down to 4A, but that is wrong. Also, Smyrna will lose to Blackman this year.

I don't know where you heard they will drop down to 4A, but that is wrong. Also, Smyrna will lose to Blackman this year.

Doubful they drop to 4A as well.. and also, Blackman will be lucky to win 4 games this season.

My son goes to Blackman, and I go to all their home games. They have a much improved team from last yr, but they will only win 2 to 4 games and Smyrna's not one of them.

VN Store

Back