Smart takes shot at Pruitt

I usually keep the rest of the sleeve handy. You lose 2/3s fewer balls. Let them help you find it. Yep, Wilson 2 all day long. Buy 2 boxes of ball and then you lose 5/6ths less balls. Then when you keep it under 100, you feel like you have accomplished something.

Last edited:
Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Sounds like friendly banter.
I had to quit reading Golf magazine because it seemed EVERY ARTICLE tried to create conflict and controversy between people etc. I don’t know if it’s the reality culture we live in or what but CJP and CKS seem to be having fun with each other. Nothing about this seems malicious at all.

I usually keep the rest of the sleeve handy. You lose 2/3s fewer balls. Let them help you find it. Yep, Wilson 2 all day long. Buy 2 boxes of ball and then you lose 5/6ths less balls. Then when you keep it under 100, you feel like you have accomplished something.
Dang dude, I have enough trouble keeping track of strokes, much less counting balls.

Reactions: KBVol
They were teasing. But there was iron underneath the padding.

Pruitt said: he cheats at golf.
Smart said: he sucks at golf.

The difference in the two accusations is this: a person who cheats at anything, might cheat at everything. But a person who sucks at golf, just sucks at golf.

Pruitt won that exchange. Go Vols.

Last edited:

The difference in the two accusations is this: a person who cheats at anything, might cheat at everything. But a person who sucks at golf, just sucks at golf.

Unless golf is just code for football.....

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Unless golf is just code for football.....
Bingo, I think they are just having fun but if you equate to football: Pruitt saying Smart cheats. Smart saying I don’t need to cheat to beat you by 25. After 2 games, avg margin of victory around 25 pts. They are just ribbing each other much like old Spurrier days, but I think they were talking football.

Last edited:

Agreed, and I want my football coach to suck at golf. He shouldn’t have the time to learn such a complex sport with all of the responsibilities of HFC at UT.

Cheaters lie twice, once to their opponents and once to themselves. You’ll never truly be great at something if you’re cheating to get there.

Two interpretations:
1) Kirby is in the woods a lot = bad golfer.

2) Kirby cheats in golf where he can always find his ball...meaning he drops one and claims it’s the one he hits.

Or could be both.
Both

If you’re a common golfer you know what he’s saying. He referenced the word “always” twice. Ol’Kirby has a hole in his pocket. If you’re sketchy playing a gentleman’s game then......

VN Store

Back