Slow erratic forum behavior?

Made another change just now. You guys tell me if you notice it being better or not. Trying everything in the hopes of a hint as to what’s causing it.

CB55DBFB-71C8-4ED0-B0FF-AEC50CB25F03.jpegAlso, just for kicks, can you guys who are still having issues, turn off the editing options in the post reply box and let me know if that makes a difference?

You can disable it by clicking this button. All the formatting tools should then be grayed out.

Another thing I just thought of. Is this happening mostly when replying to a post, when scrolling through pages, or both?

@Freak Just randomly for last week or so reload - typing has just become an issue today

Last edited:
I just turned off formatting and thought it helped but the more I type this the worse it gets

I just did a “hard reset” (iPad) - it is still not typing correctly. Almost seems like the keys get stuck!

I just did a “hard reset” (iPad) - it is still not typing correctly. Almost seems like the keys get stuck!
It definitely seems to be something with iOS. I just can’t put my finger on it.

It definitely seems to be something with iOS. I just can’t put my finger on it.

I use Firefox on my Mac but I haven’t been in VolNation there in a week or so. I’ll get on tonight and let you know if I have issues.

@Freak I’m having the same problems that have been mentioned. Pages loading slowly or not at all. I’m getting the page reload error every once in a while and also my battery drains extremely fast while on the forum now as if something is loading at all times. I thought the problem was fixed on Sunday evening, but it seems worse than ever this evening.

iPhone 6 running ios12. (Posting this from an iPad on iOS 11.4.1 with no problem)

@Freak I’m having the same problems that have been mentioned. Pages loading slowly or not at all. I’m getting the page reload error every once in a while and also my battery drains extremely fast while on the forum now as if something is loading at all times. I thought the problem was fixed on Sunday evening, but it seems worse than ever this evening.

iPhone 6 running ios12. (Posting this from an iPad on iOS 11.4.1 with no problem)
Make sure you clear your cache and temp files. That hasn't eliminated the issue, but it seems to help immensely.

Make sure you clear your cache and temp files. That hasn't eliminated the issue, but it seems to help immensely.
I have done that previously, but I went ahead and did it again and this is what I got when I came back to the forum login (not secure)...

055B459D-AC00-4322-899F-CCE658C56D37.jpeg

I have done that previously, but I went ahead and did it again and this is what I got when I came back to the forum login (not secure)...

View attachment 174007
Yeah that just means we haven’t updated to https yet. We plan to soon. That just means the information you type here isn’t encrypted.

I’ve made another change that I think may solve the issue. Those having issues please clear cache once again (I know, I know, it’s a pain) and let me know if there’s any different.

This is only for iPhone right now.

I’ve made another change that I think may solve the issue. Those having issues please clear cache once again (I know, I know, it’s a pain) and let me know if there’s any different.

This is only for iPhone right now.
Nope. It seemed better for a couple minutes, but then right back to the same problems.

@Freak Just tried on my iPhone-it didn’t reload, just took forever to load as I tried to scroll and my phone got very warm. I’m on my iPad again.

Ok. I found something that might have been causing the issue. iPhone users please let me know if any progress. Fingers crossed.

VN Store

Back