Sleeper prospects

justingroves

13-14 in handshakes
Prospects we signed that might not be as highly ranked as the others but come in and become starters.

Who do you think they will be?

Cory Hall, Savion Frazior..think he is gonna be a star..William Brimfield, and last but not least..Dennis Rogan.

forgot all about them from some reason?..if Vereen really has 4.3 speed....watch out.

Rogan, Evans and Cooper. The LB from Memphis I forgot his name but I think he'll be good too.

I'll be honest - it seems all the 3* and below guys are going to be sleepers. It's weird. I really hope with David Cutcliffe back, that these recruiting classes will develop. He could be the key - and Taylor.

Overall, I think Deshaun Barnes is going to be a huge player, but we're so deep at LB.

Also, watch out for Vereen. Don't know how UT can get him enough touches, but I think he'll be huge for is sometime in the next 4 years.

I also expect Rufus Williams to develop nicely at end, if he stays there.

If Vereen really has 4.3 speed he'll get plenty of touches.

He doesn't run a 4.3. Rivals has him at a 4.53. Coker, Hardesty, and Creer all have more upside, IMO. However, Vereen could be all over the place, should cause some matchup problems.

Derrick Tinsley anyone? He never really had a position while he was here. I hope a logjam at a position doesn't keep a player from playing in there best positions.

To put up the numbers he put up against the quality of competition that he was facing means he has good football speed for a RB. Exact 40-time, who knows? Who cares? He is fast enough and quick enough to hit holes and take it the distance. Bottom line.

To put up the numbers he put up against the quality of competition that he was facing means he has good football speed for a RB. Exact 40-time, who knows? Who cares? He is fast enough and quick enough to hit holes and take it the distance. Bottom line.

That's one of the many weaknesses I have - knowledge of what type of opposition recruits have played against. How can I learn more about this?

I just know some from reading about them in articles. That is how I learned about Vereen's particular classification.

IMO Cooper is key. We have had a real slump in FB's recently. If we get a real bruiser, with the ability to break one or catch one, like Shawn Bryson, watch out. I believe our RB's will have success.

VN Store

Back