Slam HS Hoops: Does Tennessee have the most athletic incoming class? (vid)

My what Grant Williams and Admiral Schofield have done for our BB program. And Rick Barnes.
Can only recruit off Grant and Admiral for so long. I reallllyyyy want Pons back, but part of me wouldn’t be too upset if he left. It’d only help recruiting. Getting Pons drafted would be Barnes’ most impressive development project next to Kyle, IMO.

Can only recruit off Grant and Admiral for so long. I reallllyyyy want Pons back, but part of me wouldn’t be too upset if he left. It’d only help recruiting. Getting Pons drafted would be Barnes’ most impressive development project next to Kyle, IMO.
I'm still impressed with how Barnes was able to completely change Kevin Punter's outside game in one off season.

Have the BB Vols ever signed a #1 ranked player? I have been a fan since the 70's and I don't recall a clear cut #1.
No I don't think so. If I'm not mistaken, I think Josh Selby would have been the highest rated player that we have ever signed. He was 2nd or 3rd I think? Chandler would be the highest rated PG to sign here I think but wouldn't be the #1 ranked player unless they move him up.

Reactions: sport3500
No I don't think so. If I'm not mistaken, I think Josh Selby would have been the highest rated player that we have ever signed. He was 2nd or 3rd I think? Chandler would be the highest rated PG to sign here I think but wouldn't be the #1 ranked player unless they move him up.
Yes, Selby would have been the highest had he stuck. He wasn't the #1 PG in his class, though. Some guy named Kyrie Irving took that honor.

Did a little research. Tobias Harris has been the highest ranked player at TN, 5* number 6 overall ranked. Scotty Hopson was next 5* at # 7 ranked. Everyone else, including the new guys coming were or are all ranked in double digits in overall ranking.

VN Store

Back