Sky Zone.....

rockydoc

The local one has been jam packed since opened a few months ago. Look like a well run and profitable business. Wonder if it is a fad like roller skating. Also, question about safety issues especially life threatening ones like cervical spine fractures on the trampolines.

There's one here in Georgia that my wife and kids have been to. The kids love it, and it stays busy from what I've heard. I've never heard of anyone being hurt bad there.

Trampoline place?

We have 2 in Johnson City. I took the kids to one. They are still a little small for it but they loved it nonetheless.

We've got one here where I live. Kids love it, but it blows my mind that there aren't more injuries. Seems like a liability nightmare.

My brother in laws brother is a part owner of a trampoline park in powell. There are many waivers electronically signed before anyone is allowed in to the place.

One of my sons Teachers at preschool went and she tore her miniscus. Been in a Bledsoe boot for 3 months.
As a kid I liked the arcades and places like putt putt, discovery Zone, celebration station, Adventure river, trampolines never liked me and I never liked them. Memphis is no fun now.

My brother in laws brother is a part owner of a trampoline park in powell. There are many waivers electronically signed before anyone is allowed in to the place.

Waivers can be signed all day and the business can still be sued.

Reactions: 2 people
There is one of these on Emory Rd across from the new Kroger up on the hill in North knox. Always packed.

One of my sons Teachers at preschool went and she tore her miniscus. Been in a Bledsoe boot for 3 months.
As a kid I liked the arcades and places like putt putt, discovery Zone, celebration station, Adventure river, trampolines never liked me and I never liked them. Memphis is no fun now.

You brought back lots of memories for me growing up.

This all day, everyday. Bet the insurance premiums are ungodly.

That's what I'm thinking. Most homeowners companies don't even want a trampoline in a backyard. I can't imagine too many commercial insurers being excited about a warehouse full of them that invites kids in.

Found out they do have a toddler hour during week for kids 2-5 that looks safe. May take grandkids there next time they visit.

My 5yo son has gone to a couple of birthday parties and loved it. They have a smaller area for the young kids with trampolines, foam pit,etc. Completely wore them out in no time

I've never heard of anyone being hurt bad there.

A lot of injuries occur. I've had at least two patients with leg fractures from the local trampoline warehouses. One of them was told at the Ortho it was his second case from there that morning. Obviously, strains and sprains are more common. I have not heard of any serious head or neck injuries, but they are certain to occur.

The scariest part to me is that there are big grown "kids" bouncing from square to square and a little one could unknowingly get out underneath them. That could be devastating. We went once when it first opened and I was nervous the entire time. After seeing a few injuries, I have not allowed my kids to return.

Kind of ironic.... the one here in my town is across the street from an 8 doctor Orthopedic practice.

Kind of ironic.... the one here in my town is across the street from an 8 doctor Orthopedic practice.

One of the nephrologist in our town owned a Hospice. Almost as bad as a doc owning a funeral home.

That's what I'm thinking. Most homeowners companies don't even want a trampoline in a backyard. I can't imagine too many commercial insurers being excited about a warehouse full of them that invites kids in.

Ours insurance was against it at first, but finally said it was fine as long as we had a net.

A lot of injuries occur. I've had at least two patients with leg fractures from the local trampoline warehouses. One of them was told at the Ortho it was his second case from there that morning. Obviously, strains and sprains are more common. I have not heard of any serious head or neck injuries, but they are certain to occur.

The scariest part to me is that there are big grown "kids" bouncing from square to square and a little one could unknowingly get out underneath them. That could be devastating. We went once when it first opened and I was nervous the entire time. After seeing a few injuries, I have not allowed my kids to return.
Wow, ours just haven't been enough to hear the stories.

Good friend thought physics would treat him the same as a five year old he watched do a flip. It didn't, so he ended up in the ER with a completely torn quad. That was in December and he still isn't back to work full time.

BTW they normally have a lounge for parents to sit and watch TV while the kids bounce. Highly recommend taking advantage of it.

Good friend thought physics would treat him the same as a five year old he watched do a flip. It didn't, so he ended up in the ER with a completely torn quad. That was in December and he still isn't back to work full time.

Haha, I was just recently joking with a friend that we had passed the Age of Inversion.

Haha, I was just recently joking with a friend that we had passed the Age of Inversion.

No lie. I did a back flip on a trampoline a few years ago. Amazingly, I landed on my feet..... but the world kept moving. I just laid down, closed my eyes and waited for my equilibrium to come back. I had no shot at remaining upright.

VN Store

Back