Sky Hook

macrovol

Granted Uros Plavsic is not Lew Alcindor, but his sky hook is undefendable, and he's hitting it about 60% of the time. He can shoot it left handed or right handed. If the Vols can figure out how to get him the ball deep in the post, this could be a game changer.

Granted Uros Plavsic is not Lew Alcindor, but his sky hook is undefendable, and he's hitting it about 60% of the time. He can shoot it left handed or right handed. If the Vols can figure out how to get him the ball deep in the post, this could be a game changer.

It was sure coyote ugly in his first game. He was leaving it so short, it missed the rim for the most part. I hope you're right 'cause it'd be huge to get scoring in the paint from the big guy but I haven't seen enough yet to brag about it

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
When he is on the court, the offense needs to run through him in the post. At least a majority of the time he's in the game. If he has a one on one and hitting the sky hook .60, he needs to shoot more. When they double down on him (if he becomes a real threat offensively) they will have open shooters for him to kick ball out to and also frees up Fulky and Pons to snag rebounds.

This could be especially effective in slowing the pace against teams like the Auburns of the world......

It was sure coyote ugly in his first game. He was leaving it so short, it missed the rim for the most part. I hope you're right 'cause it'd be huge to get scoring in the paint from the big guy but I haven't seen enough yet to brag about it
Yes, first game was rough, but he's 66% since then.

Kareem used to hit that Skyhook from 15 feet away, one of the best distinctive shots ever created in my opinion! I am glad that Uros has a baby hook, he needs to establish position better, and when he does, he will wear some people out with that shot.
Good post. When he learns to establish better position it will be easier to feed him the ball down low.

VN Store

Back