Skip Holtz To Kansas Or Cincy?

I'd sure like to read that article. Damn "insider" info... My father went to East Carolina. You won't meet a bigger pirates fan and I'm sure he is worried about this one. I still feel Skip is waiting for a bigger job offer than either one of these.

I'd sure like to read that article. Damn "insider" info... My father went to East Carolina. You won't meet a bigger pirates fan and I'm sure he is worried about this one. I still feel Skip is waiting for a bigger job offer than either one of these.

Maybe. But Kansas is the "Big 12 brother!"

according to numerous "sources" on kansas' messageboard they are going to hire jim harbaugh. not really a step up programwise, but i gues kansas can pay him a lot more than stanford is willing to.

Damn I'm good :p

Fulmer to Cincinnati?

Yesterday, 10:21 PM

Seriously though, Tuberville would pry be their best option. Maybe Skip Holtz if they can snag him from ECU.

Rumor on ESPN. The rest is pay content so if anyone else has anything on it put it here.

Skip Holtz, Easy Carolina: Holtz also is a rising star, and he has experience recruiting the area for Notre Dame. But at this point in his career, he may have his eye set on a more marquee job. (He's already been in the Big East of sorts -- at UConn before the Huskies joined the conference for football.) Plus, the transition from Kelly's system to his might be more problematic; we already know it works with Jones.

Names linked to Bearcats

* Kerry Coombs: The buzz in Cincinnati is that he already has the job wrapped up.
* Jeff Quinn: Cincy's offensive coordinator orchestrated the explosive attack, but he might follow Brian Kelly to Notre Dame.
* Skip Holtz: Remains one of the top candidates at Kansas
* Butch Jones: Would he object to being seen as Kelly's shadow?
* Kevin Sumlin: Might prefer the recruiting advantages of staying in Texas
* Chris Petersen: Hard to see him moving so far out of his comfort zone for a Big East job
* Kevin Wilson: A fallback if they can't get his former OU colleague Sumlin?
* Al Golden: We still think he has his eye on Happy Valley
* Phillip Fulmer: Hey, someone's gotta hire him, right?

UPDATE: They might be in luck. ESPN's Joe Schad just emailed us to say that Al Golden -- current head coach at Temple -- and Kevin Sumlin -- head coach at Houston -- will definitely interview. Both gentlemen lead up-and-coming programs, but are believed to be quite interested in the jump to a BCS school. For more on the broader search, see our earlier note.

Rumor on ESPN. The rest is pay content so if anyone else has anything on it put it here.
FYI for you guys, don't copy and paste premium content. Feel free to paraphrase, but c+p of the stuff is a big no-no and could get us, and you in trouble.

according to numerous "sources" on kansas' messageboard they are going to hire jim harbaugh. not really a step up programwise, but i gues kansas can pay him a lot more than stanford is willing to.
I'd like to see Stanford commit themselves to any sort of excellence in football for once... They really do have the potential to build up a great program.

Skip Holtz, Easy Carolina: Holtz also is a rising star, and he has experience recruiting the area for Notre Dame. But at this point in his career, he may have his eye set on a more marquee job. (He's already been in the Big East of sorts -- at UConn before the Huskies joined the conference for football.) Plus, the transition from Kelly's system to his might be more problematic; we already know it works with Jones.

* Phillip Fulmer: Hey, someone's gotta hire him, right?
:lolabove:

i wouldnt touch Cincy with a ten foot pole. They have no where to go but down... Same scenario at U of L when Kragthorpe came onboard. it is impossible to maintain the expectations they have. But you never know.

i wouldnt touch Cincy with a ten foot pole. They have no where to go but down... Same scenario at U of L when Kragthorpe came onboard. it is impossible to maintain the expectations they have. But you never know.

There is a difference between Louisville and Cincy though. Look at Ohio State and then look at Kentucky. The state of Kentucky sucks at football. Not only does Ohio produce some good recruits but I am thinking more kids would rather go to Cincinnati than Lexington or Louisville. I don't think I would because I don't like giant crap holes but hey, lots of kids go to Memphis. The city of Cincy would surely have to be a step up.

VN Store

Back