Six years... $42 million...

carpbc

Which coaches would be worth our Search Team offering a 6-year, $42 million contract to be our next head football coach? It has been reported that Mike Gundy just turned it down, so I'm just wondering who you all consider would seriously be worth that kind of contract... that might possibly actually take us up on the offer?

I'm willing to bet OSU will be giving him a huge raise this week. They may have even matched our offer. If so then we would have been insane to go higher. Gundy is not worth Saban money.

Reactions: 1 person
Which coaches would be worth our Search Team offering a 6-year, $42 million contract to be our next head football coach? It has been reported that Mike Gundy just turned it down, so I'm just wondering who you all consider would seriously be worth that kind of contract... that might possibly actually take us up on the offer?
Wow! I suspect this was all done to put uppity UT fans in their place.
If Currie had done this first, then Schiano would be coach.

Let it play out. UT just went on record saying if you’re good enough we’ll pay you to come.

I guarantee agents are talking to their clients right now.

Just let it play out. We will get a coach with that kind of bait in the water. Don’t beileve the tripe in the media. Good coaches could care less.

And once we land a coach... FIRE THAT ASS HOLE JOHN CURRIE!!!!!

Reactions: 10 people
Petersen is not going to leave UW to step into this instability and work for Currie and Haslam.
I understand wanting to shoot for the top guys, but I also don’t want to spend the next week being publicly rejected.

Last edited:
I’m really disappointed, but am I the only person that’s at least a little encouraged after today? They offered a coach $7 million per year. They’ve proven they’re willing to open the checkbooks. Maybe we still have hope.

Reactions: 2 people
See that's just the deal. The national view of John Currie is crap. There for no one is coming here. They'd be scared he'd get canned the next week. We're not getting anyone other than Lane Kiffin and it's becoming apparent he's the best choice. Now i'm hearing Arkansas may go after him. He'd take that job too. So if i were numbnut Currie i'd be on my way to Boca right about now.

I’m really disappointed, but am I the only person that’s at least a little encouraged after today? They offered a coach $7 million per year. They’ve proven they’re willing to open the checkbooks. Maybe we still have hope.

That’s a lot of cabbage. Somewhere there is a good coach telling his agent to reach out and talk.

Frankly it’s the statement we had to make to stay in the hunt. At least the dumb asses in the UTAD put a strong chum line out. Now let’s land us a big fish.

Reactions: 3 people
Not many saw Gundy in the mix until today. He's out, so the list is just as it was. Someone wants to make $7 million. With that kind of money, they will come like hogs to the trough despite the mess.

Reactions: 4 people
This is so f***ing embarrassing omg. I had to tell my boss today that i wasnt ready to talk about it yet. And i almost caught a battery charge against one of my best friends whose a 3rd generation Clemson guy. This is bad y'all. And i really feel Tennessee is going to be playing some bad football for a while. I almost wish we would've just canned scott

Not many saw Gundy in the mix until today. He's out, so the list is just as it was. Someone wants to make $7 million. With that kind of money, they will come like hogs to the trough despite the mess.

Gundy was literally the only coach worth anything close to that money who was willing to entertain us. Even though it was just to use us for the second time in 5 years to get a raise. And btw he did it all without an agent. He played currie and added more shame to Tennessee all by his lonesome.

This is so f***ing embarrassing omg. I had to tell my boss today that i wasnt ready to talk about it yet. And i almost caught a battery charge against one of my best friends whose a 3rd generation Clemson guy. This is bad y'all. And i really feel Tennessee is going to be playing some bad football for a while. I almost wish we would've just canned scott

Calm down. The sun will still rise

We offered Schiano $6.5 million/year for 4 years and Gundy $7 million. We should just raise the price half a million a day until some MFer raises his hand.

Reactions: 3 people

In case you have not noticed, we are not looking for value, we are looking for quality. We got value with Butch Jones and Derek Dooley. Schiano would have been a value hire.

For the first time, Tennessee is finally focused on hiring based on quality and that should excited the fanbase. If we over pay a quality, proven coach by a few million to get here, we are better for it.

I say just throw that out there and let coaches put their bid in. Take the best one

On NCAA bulletin boards everywhere: "Hi! We are the Tennessee Vols. We've got $10,000,000 per year, and an equal amount for a coaching staff. Interested? Call me, John Currie. No strings, no demands. no meddling. It's all yours."

Last edited:

VN Store

Back