Six former Lady Vols on the floor tonight.

Orange Maniac

Appalachian American
Just got back from the Sparks-Dream game. We got to see Parker, Bobbit, Spencer and Fluker for the Sparks. Tasha Butts and Brittany Jackson played for Atlanta. Candace put on a show but she did miss a dunk after a breakaway steal. Bobbit and Fluker played a lot of minutes.

Brittany is in the WNBA?? WHAT???? HOW??

Brittany Jackson Will Play for the Dream | Atlanta Dream Fan Club

With a ton of hard work and determination, Brittany Jackson, former University of Tennessee standout, makes it to the WNBA.
“I’ve worked really hard for this since finishing my career at Tennessee…from training with WNBA championship coach Kevin Cook, to playing on high profile exhibition tours, to going to pro combines, to playing in two top pro leagues overseas,” said Jackson. “Everything I’ve done, all the hard work I’ve put in, it was all with the ultimate goal of making it to the WNBA, so it’s really gratifying to get this opportunity and to see all of that effort pay off.”​

It would have probably helped if she hadn't went 0 for 3 the other night when they put her in. They were looking for some quick points and she didn't deliver. She did look good though.

Fluker has been released, too, by the Sparks--sorry for her, but she's not very good. I'm amazed that the Sparks took Bobbitt when they could have had Anosike--strange decision for a team, even if it needs a guard. I don't think Bobbitt will last long in the league, while Anosike has got a lot of potential.

I am a little suprised they let Fluker go. She played a decent game when I saw her play. I guess it's just a numbers thing. Too many bodies and not enough slots for marginal players. Auguste is gone also. New York waived her earlier. Shanna Zolman tore her ACL so she's gone for a while. If I had to guess, I would say she won't play again.

12-19 from the field
2-2 from 3PT
8-16 FT
also 2 steals, 1 block

Also Sidney Spencer had 14pts off the bench, including 4 3 pointers.

8316bf0052b76769c1cd14b69d34fb2e-getty-52623760bg022_mercury_sparks.jpg

VN Store

Back