Sideline Demeanor

I love Bruce and he clearly did an unbelievable job making UT b-ball relevant on a national scale..

That being said, I got a little tired of the way he would constantly scream, rant, rave, and go ballistic on the sidelines. It always seemed a little over-the-top to me.

In my opinion, if you're screaming and yelling and jumping up and down nearly all the time, it's likely to lose some of its desired effect on the players.

Enter Cuonzo. The guy has a calm, professional, business-like, intense demeanor on the sideline that I really like. And IMO the players reflect this to a degree - in terms of intensity, effort and the workman-like approach they seem to have. I like that old line "speak softly and carry a big stick".. (FDR?) ..and I think CCM really characterizes that. He just looks like a bada$$ and has an intense glare that seems like it could cut right thru you.

I'm not saying this is going to win us any games, but I just think that a team typically embodies the personality and attitude of its coach. And I really like what I've seen so far from CCM.

Just some random thoughts after watching this team play a handful of games...

GBO

Teddy Roosevelt said that

I love Bruce and he clearly did an unbelievable job making UT b-ball relevant on a national scale..

That being said, I got a little tired of the way he would constantly scream, rant, rave, and go ballistic on the sidelines. It always seemed a little over-the-top to me.

In my opinion, if you're screaming and yelling and jumping up and down nearly all the time, it's likely to lose some of its desired effect on the players.

Enter Cuonzo. The guy has a calm, professional, business-like, intense demeanor on the sideline that I really like. And IMO the players reflect this to a degree - in terms of intensity, effort and the workman-like approach they seem to have. I like that old line "speak softly and carry a big stick".. (FDR?) ..and I think CCM really characterizes that. He just looks like a bada$$ and has an intense glare that seems like it could cut right thru you.

I'm not saying this is going to win us any games, but I just think that a team typically embodies the personality and attitude of its coach. And I really like what I've seen so far from CCM.

GBO
Your argument is weak. Bobby Knight and Coach K are 2 examples.

GBO

FYI....Teddy Roosevelt, not FDR.....:crazy:

Didn't realize we went to the Elite 8 last year

Since you obviously didn't read the thread he said "later years" and I said "you mean last year." I then pointed out that elite 8 in later years was hardly proof of players being apathetic. Again What the heck does it matter. Bruce's dumb decision got him fired, and we got what I think is a great coach so lets support our coach and quit bringing up the old one it gets old quick.

A good coach is a good coach. It doesn't matter what the sideline demeanor is. Bruce yelled a lot and won a lot of games. He is not the first to do this.

Cuonzo doesn't yell a lot (and will probably win a lot of games), and he is also not the first to do this.

To compare coaches coaching ability on sideline demeanor is like comparing team talent to the color of their uniforms, it's not what they have/do on the outside that counts.

Unless you throw a chair across the floor.

A good coach is a good coach. It doesn't matter what the sideline demeanor is. Bruce yelled a lot and won a lot of games. He is not the first to do this.

Cuonzo doesn't yell a lot (and will probably win a lot of games), and he is also not the first to do this.

To compare coaches coaching ability on sideline demeanor is like comparing team talent to the color of their uniforms, it's not what they have/do on the outside that counts.

Unless you throw a chair across the floor.

:) good one

VN Store

Back